Home Metal Detecting
Options

First time out with my ACE 250 made some finds

Tried out my new Ace 250 this evening. I went to a local beach and spent 2hrs. This unit is pretty simple and the controls we easy to reach.
Found coins from 1 to 6 inches deep.
Indian head dateless cent
Silver dime 1952D
2 Clad quarters
1 Jeff Nickel
1 clad dime
1 Penny
Check out the pics. That Indian head still has a little seaweed on itimage

Comments

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Wow, nice finds for first time out- indian and silver- but ugh, pretty tough soil/beach condition wise. Must be salt water beach?
  • Options
    Those are great finds for your first time out. I have a 250 also and love it.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    MrBlusterMrBluster Posts: 320 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, nice finds for first time out- indian and silver- but ugh, pretty tough soil/beach condition wise. Must be salt water beach? >>

Ya that is one crusty Indian. Yes it was an ocean beach in Massachusetts. That was my 1st indian at the ocean.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's crazy. A silver dime AND an IHC on your first outing? Way to go!

What's also crazy is how dark that silver dime is- it looks like a clad coin, the way it toned in the ground. Usually the clad will come out looking like that but the silver will come up brighter.

You must have some harsh mineralization in that soil. Looking at the IHC also indicates that.

Edit: oh- an ocean beach, huh? Well, that explains it. Actually, I am surprised the IHC didn't look worse than that for being a beach find.

Cool- I have never found an old coin on the beach. Got a couple of nice rings but no old stuff. Guess it's all in the timing- we'd probably need a storm to expose the nice layers.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great first search... nice finds.. sort of 'lights the fire'.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Bravo!! image

That's an awesome start!

Keep it up!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Very nice start!!