Home Metal Detecting
Options

If You Like Metal Detecting and Golf....

You might like golf ball fishing. I've gotten into it recently. Basically you get a contraption you throw in a lake on a golf course and it pulls out the lost golf balls. There is not a lot of historical interest in it, but you will never have to buy another golf ball again, plus you can sell them for good money on ebay. Just a thought.

Comments

• Options
    just like detecting you should get permission from the golf course owner before attempting to retrieve lost balls...many courses these days have contracts with divers to retrieve golf balls lost in ponds/lakes... you may be held liable for theft....hit em straight and swing easy...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Yeah, I should have mentioned that. Good point, always make sure someone at the club house knows what you are up to, otherwise you might get yourself in trouble.
  • Options
    always look on the path between the tee box and cart path. This is where the golfer will be fumbling in his pocket for his ball and tee and will likely spill some coins!
  • Options
    I used to "fish" for golf balls too. When I was a kid me and my delinquent friends would hide in the woods next to the green at our local golf course and wait for a group to hit their balls. When they started walking towards us they would go down into a dip so they were out of the line of site and we would run out and grab all the balls and run back into the woods. We'd have a great laugh watching them scratch thier heads wondering where their balls went. This one maniac spotted us and chased me for a good half mile! I was on the track team so there was no way he was going to get me but he just wouldn't give up. Thank heaven for overweight golfers, this guy was PI$$ED lol...
  • Options
    fastrudyfastrudy Posts: 2,096
    THAT WAS ME, YOU LITTLE PUNK!!!
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image I like that one... used to wade for them.. never thought of stealing them.. image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    It would be more fun to put their ball in the hole then to steal it.