Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

'private' registry sets.........

2»

Comments

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Registry Set thread that is almost one year old on the Coin Nerd Forum and not a single reference to the owners chasing numbers. Thats the reason sets are blacked out. The owner does not want anyone to see which number is being chased next.

Ken
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    "...but why is it that a person is allowed to take the top spot when others vying for the same award can't even see the grades of the coins they are competing against?"

Exactly!

If you don't like the rules, then don't play the game.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you don't like the rules, then don't play the game. >>

Or ... try to get PCGS to change the rules image
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I had a "conversation" with another board member about something similar today. It'd be nice to see pics of the coins of the top sets as well. >>

Perhaps PCGS could provide an option that allows the viewing of the coins and not the grades. And for a fee, someone with great photography skills and uploading bictures......................

But like many have said here.................a registry set without pictures is meaningless! image

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file