Home Metal Detecting
Options

Where to detect in Colorado?

bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
Does anyone here have any info on areas to detect in the Denver Metro area, ive seen a few people on here from the area. Im not sure where i can go or whats worth trying, and and all information is great.

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

Comments

• Options
    Contact eyeyoung... from what I remember, he is in Colorado. He might be able to help you out.
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    We are going to try to get together next weekend. With work and the long winter...haven't had much of a chance to hit the dirt. I do have a new site that I was going to use for VTH but weather never allowed it. 100+yr old homestead that I touched for a couple hours before and hit silver. Would like to get a group of ppl together and hit one of the ghost towns nearby.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    I will see if I can get out next weekend, its gonna be my daughters b-day and my parents will be in town from Iowa. But we will definately get together for sure.

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    Jim, I haven't hunted in Denver area. But I found in SW Colorado recently (having just visited Durango and Silverton) that the state of Colorado and the counties are very strict on treasure hunting. It's definitely against the law on public property in Colorado. I see Earl has replied. That's good. Earl knows some good sites that are on private property. Better to hunt with Earl, or on private property in general with permission. Hunting public property in Colorado could get you in trouble. Unless that is the city govt itself okays it or issues a permit.

Just my two cents.

Gary
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I just bought 40 acres in Crowley County near Lake Henry. I haven't done my historical homework yet, but any good places to go around that area?
  • Options
    LOL..40 acres should keep you going for a while ;-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    I sure hope so.... I looked at some old aerials and it looks like there were a few small homesteads on the property back in the 1800's and it's just south of some historical site. I haven't been able to pin down what the site is yet though.

Next question... are the snakes out yet? I HATE snakes!

Carla

Frodo Failed... Bush Has The Ring
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get snake boots... they are all over... not worth taking chances. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Are those just regular, like Justin boots, that are taller than normal, or overshoes like my tall rain boots (they even have hearts on them, but no one will see me)?
  • Options

<< <i>Are those just regular, like Justin boots, that are taller than normal, or overshoes like my tall rain boots (they even have hearts on them, but no one will see me)? >>

It is only $$$
    http://www.snakeboots.com/

Also look at: Snake Guards (bottom part of the above page)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks! Justin did make some snakeboots, and I was just playing around!

Now if I can just find something maybe I can justify the purchase to my husband.. lol.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first snake encounter will be justification enough.... better to walk away, than be carried away. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Morning all....

Been some weird weather out here lately....and when it's been good, the list of honey-do's has been getting smaller. Hopefully weekend after this, I will try and gather a few ppl from the area to hit a spot that is about 20 miles from my house that had several houses in the early 1800's on it.

Carla,
    First off, Welcome!!!!

Henry lake has a lot of interesting history and a lot of older homesteads as ppl tended to get off the older trails and settle near water. You may want to get some old survey maps as well...you may have an old mine in the area (there's several around the lake).
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    Dangit! The news just said there are wild fires in the general area of the property I bought. I guess a good prairie fire will solve some of my snake issues, but I stilll hope it misses us. Atleast the RV isn't parked on site yet.
  • Options
    Thanks! I've ordered a set of USGS maps that cover the area pretty good. Now if the fire didn't burn me out, I should be good to go. Got the boots, got the tools, now I just need some land and (hopefully) some pleasant weather.

Carla