Home Metal Detecting
Options

And the winner is...

Me!
The past two days have netted $12.99 in eyeball loose change finds. Yesterday I scored $10.08 that left behind at the car wash and today it was $2.91 at the very same spot. No, I do not wash my car that frequently! I like to go out biking after work and this car wash is on my biking route. The way I see it, if people are numb enough to leave it behind, I can be smart to pick it up. image
Mary
Be Still and Know

Comments

• Options
    Bravo for you Mary. Keep dropping by and checking occasionally. One of these times you'll probably find the folks left behind or dropped some silver. Maybe even a Merc. image

G.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Hey Gary, I've been meaning to respond to your vacation tour. You did a great job of taking us along with you, thanks! I've always heard about living through your children, but never your metal detecting boards friends lol It sounds like you and your family had a great time. image
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that I would make that part of my route everyday if I was finding that much change.
  • Options
    Sounds like a great source for some easy money!...WTG!
  • Options
    Car wash total from June 8th to June 17th? $39.34 It doesn't hurt finding a $20.00 bill laying two feet in front of the change machine. image I just might be retiring before 87 after all!!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Wow! That's better than some of the monthly totes. And the month isn't over yet.

G.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    That's a pretty good place to stop by. Are there anyother car washes that you can check out?
  • Options
    Unfortunately this is the only car wash in the area. On the up side, it's constantly busy! Until the snow flies I'll probably check it out every days.

I'm not doing so well with the MD. I've found a handful of coins, nothing notable. I've been considering renting a White's or Garrett for a weekend to sweep the farm again. I'm beginning to second guess the BH; there's got to be more under this dirt than old tractor parts!!
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087

<< <i> $39.34 >>

Your close to my total for the the whole of 2006.

<< <i>there's got to be more under this dirt than old tractor parts!! >>

I did two farms in that area and didn't find much more than tractor parts.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredible... I am heading for the car wash... (hmmm wasn't there a song about that?)... beats checking couch cushions at the thriftshop... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Well done Mary!!

<< <i>beats checking couch cushions at the thriftshop.. >>

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Mary, How has the car wash been doing lately?
  • Options
    I found a small stack of quarters once in one of the bays but never anything like this. Great story.