Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

The Councel is Still to be......but who?

Well, it appears that Rick and Mitch have made a discision, without consulting anyone else, just made up their minds. Even though they have decided this, thanks to spooly's efforts, we will still be assembling a set registry collector's counsil. The voting will begin tonight, after we gather all the candidates and decide on an effective way to cast our votes honestly.

Who is in, give a simple "yes" on this thread, and your name will be added.

There wil be no dictator or single person to decide who is in. the forums members will all vote and have an effect on the final outcome.

Comments

• Options
    Yes

I have two registry's: silver, copper and nickel type set (#14) and a Franklin set (somewhere in the 40's).

I have only sold a few slabbed coins, so I am not in the market to make any money.

I am 19 years old, but have been collecting for eight years. I want to see coin collecting go in the right direction. If you guys pick me, I will help the wonderful hobby we all enjoy.

Cameron Kiefer
    Memberships: ANA, CSNA,YNA(historian), Franklin Collectors Club (editor),Visalia Coin Club (Vice President for four years) and several others.
  • Options
    Myself as well, here is why...

I attend Feb and Oct Long Beach, and MidAmerica show, usually for two days, and I will be glad to attend any and all meetings of the council.
    I will work mostly with the forgotten registry areas, the pre-36 stuff, not all of the modern stuff, there are plenty of others around to do that.
    I know many people in the registry, the ones on the top, and the ones on the bottom, so I get to hear a little from everyone.
    I do not have any money tied up in the registry market, so my opinoins and votes will be for the collector's sake, not a way to make money for me.
    I see John Butler, a former PCGS grader every saturday, so I get to hear things through PCGS's eyes.
    I am not in this for myself or my best interest, but simply to try to bring the opinions and feelings of the pre-36 collector into the counsil.

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vote would be to get the spelling correct, and then go from there.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Right. Kyle, spell 'Councel' correctly (build that credibility factor) and then you've got my vote.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ModMan, as you have shown that you cannot spell correctly, you should offer no opinion in this.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Yes
    Now that I'm no longer a member of the race,I can be objective.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    You can count me in also.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    That's the irony here dbldie55. You can't even spell your name correctly and I've left you alone on the issue.

(should be, The 1955/55 cent is a 'doubled die'... NOT 'double die', thus dbldie55 should be "dbleddie55". .
  • Options
    khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    Looks like my vote will go to kyleknap since he is the only
    one who can spell "council".

-Keith H
    ps Please don't take this post as me throwing my hat in the ring.
    My wife will kill me if I spend any more time on this board.
  • Options
    I can spell "council" as well, Keith H.

You can count me in if called upon.

Keith D.
    Keith ™

• Options
    I don't know how we can nominate or vote for people when it doesn't seem that we've laid out exactly how the council will operate? There seem to be lots of competent folk offering up their services, but what exactly are we asking them to do?

It seems like we need a framework for for the council, before we choose the council members.

Maybe I've missed some of the information that has been posted, as it is a bit scattered out among any number of posts.

Just a thought,

madmike
  • Options
    Mad Mike

that is being discussed in other threads.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    My list shows the following.

kyleknap
    kieferscoins
    PQpeace
    Mact
    dpoole
    clevegreg
    cosmicdebris
    Keithdagen
    mustangman7
    Dabigkahuna
    tggr
    rickyracer

PM me if you what to run.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    What about ModMan?image
  • Options
    PCGS has already given me a new assignment. Forum Regulator.