Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OLDP, what do you think of the Barber?

Comments

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once every 3-4 weeks I can take him.
    Why?

edited to say, There's the image. Nice!!
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I like it very much.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    Nice looking quarter!!
  • Options
    Very Nice. Love any Barber, but the PQs really make me smile. image
    OLDER IS BETTER
  • Options
    I will give you a dozen of my finest donuts

for the coin.image
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Thank you all so far. I shall wait for more comments and reveal more.
    David
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a nice looking Barber Q ... image ... full stars and just about as good as gets strike-wise for a business strike, nice color, pleasing surfaces

Looking close it's hard to see many real marks other than some slight scruff on the cheek and neck ... debateable if there's any wear

either a super-fine AU58 or a 63 shot 4 ... the best guess I have from a picture

Thanks for sharing her!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's not to love?

Great coin.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    RTSRTS Posts: 1,408
    I love it.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks quite attractive.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    Sure looks 65/66 from picture.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That is a nice looking Barber Q ... image ... full stars and just about as good as gets strike-wise for a business strike, nice color, pleasing surfaces

Looking close it's hard to see many real marks other than some slight scruff on the cheek and neck ... debateable if there's any wear

either a super-fine AU58 or a 63 shot 4 ... the best guess I have from a picture

Thanks for sharing her! >>

Very nice looking coin, Dave.
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    ShortgapbobShortgapbob Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭
    That's a beautiful Barber. I'll say it's a 64, as long as its not a super-duper PQ 58.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

For a large selection of U.S. Coins & Currency, visit The Reeded Edge's online webstore at the link below.

The Reeded Edge
  • Options
    Well, i don't have a pic of the coin in the holder, but it's in an ACG 63 slab. I bought it at a show from a dealer that had several SLQs, all of which I passed on, raw, PCGS, ANACS, ACG, etc - this dealer didn't seem to have a favorite TPG. This coin simply stood out on its own merits. I've had it for several years, have considered cracking it, but really have no reason to do so, unless I want to resell.

In my opinion, it's an easy 63, quite possibly a 64. I only have a few Barbers, so I'm not an expert at the series but have looked at and handled many at shows, etc.

The no brainer album toning makes the coin look even nicer in hand, with some cool bluish tones that don't show well in the pics.
    David
  • Options
    On another note, I constantly have issues posting. I am normally connected in my office via a PC and a Mac. Do mulitple connections possibly have an adverse affect on posting? Also, I sometimes am able to post a blank message and edit it, but not post a reply. Anyone?
    David
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very attractive coin with nice looking album toning. Based on the photos, I wouldn't hesitated to call it a PQ 64.

JJ
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Nice quater, i think it'd be a PQ 64, just missing the 65 grade.
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I like the look of that one.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's not to like? image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I don't care for barbers. I don't usually post negatives but I made an exception in this case because they, and espceially this one, are beautiful coins and it must be me that is screwed up. Very nice piece.

--Jerry
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭
    Gorgeous, the cheek is not all hacked up and the skin is nice and original with a wee bit of color. Nice coin!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file