Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

if im gonna take a chance bidding on something possibly fake..

2»

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

my dempsey is for sure legit.. and the seller is legit.. he goes a little overboard with his packing materials though, none of which were traditional baseball card supplies (ie: soft sleeves, top loads).. it was carefully wrapped in a sandwich baggie and placed between two big heavypieces of wood.

·p_A·
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I can't tell you how much I've spent over the years on sandwich baggies and wood for shipping cards.

Glad it worked out for you. Just goes to show you, sometimes perry knows what the hell he's talking about.

Lee
  • Options

<< <i> Just goes to show you, sometimes perry knows what the hell he's talking about.

Lee >>

i dunno, we'll see about the Ruth.. i could still be wrong about it.. the buyer emailed me again after he got it and said he's sending it to SGC..

the bleed-through on my dempsey is one of the signs its legit (the line across the back, above the #17).. if you look at the ruth again you can faintly see the same line..

so yeah, im still thinking the ruth was legit.. and still wish i woulda bought it..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    So a dude gave you wood?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.......

Congrats on the purchase image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>So a dude gave you wood?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.......

Congrats on the purchase image >>

it was big heavy wood too..

actually i think its some kinda something the guy uses to paint on or something.. he's a painter.. he paints bird dogs.. hence the name birddogpainter..

www.bertramgallery.com
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    i used to sling wood in high school, no(w) i just purchase it for self-medication-related purposes.

julen

RIP GURU
  • Options
    i wrote the buyer, and he said the Ruth is authentic according to SGC.. im not sure why he didnt leave the seller feedback though.. the other people did..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    did you send yours in to psa and hear anything yet perry?????very curious abouthis one
    randy
  • Options

<< <i>did you send yours in to psa and hear anything yet perry?????very curious abouthis one
    randy >>

·p_A·
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
  • Options
    I still say fake.
  • Options
    bifff257bifff257 Posts: 751 ✭✭

<< <i>did you send yours in to psa and hear anything yet perry?????very curious abouthis one >>

Wow, SGC sure has a slow turn around time.....image

Nice card.............image
  • Options
    I think there should be no problem as long as the buyer is saying the card is real. If so, then you would do a charge back if its fake and say not what was advertised. I'm not positive because I never did a charge back before but I have heard people talkng about this.

I say go for it, pay like you said by credit card and if its fake then its your right to get your money back IMO.

Giovanni
  • Options
    the dempsey is cheap, but im still kicking myself for not buying all of his other Sport Kings cards..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear it's real Perry.

Did you just get it back? Or just slow mail?

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Glad to hear it's real Perry.

Did you just get it back? Or just slow mail?

mike >>

i just sent it in a couple weeks ago.. actually someone on another forum let me piggyback their order..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    dizzledizzle Posts: 1,051
    Pandrews, If you don't mind me asking what did the card set you back? and what did the ruth end for any word from the other guy on it? cool thread and even cooler everything turned out legit..
  • Options
    Just goes to show you should always go with your gut regardless of what idiots like me tell you.
  • Options

<< <i>Pandrews, If you don't mind me asking what did the card set you back? and what did the ruth end for any word from the other guy on it? cool thread and even cooler everything turned out legit.. >>

oh the dempsey was cheap, like $20-30 if i remember correctly.. the ruth sold for less than $300 i think..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    dizzledizzle Posts: 1,051

<< <i>

<< <i>Pandrews, If you don't mind me asking what did the card set you back? and what did the ruth end for any word from the other guy on it? cool thread and even cooler everything turned out legit.. >>

oh the dempsey was cheap, like $20-30 if i remember correctly.. the ruth sold for less than $300 i think.. >>

Damn, ever hear what happened with the ruth?
  • Options
    nah supposedly the dude who bought it sent it to SGC also, but i never heard back from him.. if you see a ruth with a #18 on it floating around, its probably the same one.. i feel sure all the guys cards were legit..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    The uneducated should not bid until they have gained knowledge on that particular set or card.

Never take chances, you will be burned more than win.