Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Just Wait a Minute.............Slow Down

Dear Collectors/Dealers/Whoever else is waisting there time reading this....

Today I have spent many hours of my life reading the posts on this board, which have been, for the most part, interesting, intelligent, and humorous. But don't you think we are getting a little bit ahead of ourselves arranging all of this Collector Government or whatever when PCGS has not heard a word of it, or givin a thought to agreeing to it? I think the first thing to do is to present the basic concept of the whole thing to PCGS, and then organize it. Who will do this? I will if I must, but I'm sure the rest of you are dying to get the chance.

Kyle

Comments

• Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of the guys are woofing in the wind. Let me find an anology they can relate to. Hmmmmm.....ok:
    You know on the National Geographic show where the pack of Hyenas take down the much larger Zebra and after they rip it to shreds they have tasted blood and in their frenzy they turn on each other, howling, snapping, snarling and fighting??
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Sorry dog, I don't watch National Geographic.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Rick M.'s position on the council matter. This was just written to me 5 minutes ago by Rick M.

1. A council of "one guy"
    2. Nothing ever gets done in Committee
    3. Mitch: "you da man"
    4. good luck

Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    First it's the Registry... then it's ALL of PCGS... then it's the WORLD!
    Freedom Registery Fighters unite!
  • Options
    We can create the council if we like, but we cannot associate PCGS's name with it without their consent. Even if PCGS dosen't like the idea, I think it is an effective way to get ideas across to a company that is swamped in e-mail every morning. Several main people talking on the collectors behalf would be welcome to any company. My Personal opinion. Who knows, PCGS may like all the individual e-mails.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    Kyle-

I think I am in your camp. I'd like to keep politics out as much as possible.

• Options
    I personally like the way Rick thinks. I believe that they (PCGS) do see the issues and attempt in many ways both seen and unseen to assist the collectors. It does not in my opinion, gain anything to badger or harass those who do make these decisions. I also agree that a committee is a multi-bodied being with no brain (my interpretation) and that one individual with the experience and knowledge displayed by specific members can assist the cause with more success than email flooding, copious phone calls and even something as drastic as boycotting.

I am also a very new member to this forum and you should probably disregard the above ramblings.

Ritchie
    What will kill a thread faster than a reply from Ritchie?