Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Regarding The Official Spring Into Summer Coin Swap Thread- HAS EVERYONE OPENLY POSTED ALL PERTINENT

We'll shoot for the beginning of Summer, which isn't far away and it will be so called "The Spring into Summer Coin Swap."

All interested parties please sign in and if you would like to participate and I have othing in the way of contact info, please do as all before have done and PM your
1- Real Name
2- Home address (all must be verifiable)
3- Phone # and email address
4- eBay ID so that I have something to work with
5- If you have any questions post them here, to this very thread and either I, Musky 1011, BigJohnD, eyoung 429 etc, any elder spokesman may feel free to answer these here for you however, all you need do is refer to past sanctioned swaps (Enter - Spring into Summer Coin Swap into Advanced Search above or see any other helpful links posted by Musky1011 or eyoung429 etc in previous Swaps and you'll find the answers you seek)
6- Any and all pertinent info that is verifiable

*********************************************************************************************
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE COMMON SENSE RULES OF COIN SWAPPING AS THEY APPLY TO THIS VENUE :
Copy & Paste to your Notepad & create a file or folder to keep so that I do not HAVE to keep rehashing this!

This is how this works. You are to PM your respective swap mate IMMEDIATELY!

You are to arrive at a dollar amount and discuss and agree on the source of pricing. For PETE'S SAKE - KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Once you have come to terms you are to come to this very thread and POST whether you HAVE or HAVE NOT come to an agreement.

Once an agreement is reached you are to SHIP to each another IMMEDIATELY! DO NOT wait to see what you get before waiting to ship. THIS SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM AS IT SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED, RIGHT? THIS ALSO WILL BE MONITORED AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED WITHOUT "JUST CAUSE."

Once you have your swap items together I urge you to return AGAIN and post the ACTUAL DATE OF SHIPMENT COMPLETE WITH A DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBER FOR ALL TO SEE. This is for more than One REASON!

It would be wise if you insure your packages. I GUARANTEE ALL OF YOU that I, personally, WILL CHECK EACH & EVERY SET OF DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBERS POSTED.

Treat you partner the way YOU would like to be treated. This IS NOT a get rid of your no longer desirable swap in the Hopes of getting Good Stuff in return. It does NOT work this way around here and IF IN DOUBT, ADD A PIECE OR TWO - IT WILL NOT KILL YOU! I PROMISE YOU! TRY IT.

Upon receipt of goods, inspect them thoroughly. If you are NOT satisfied be MAN ENOUGH TO TELL YOUR PARTNER THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM AND WORK IT OUT AMONGST YOURSELVES. DO NOT COME NINNY-BABYING TO ME TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS OR TO RAT ON ONE ANOTHER. WE ARE AMONG THE ELITE OF A WELL KNOWN 3RD PARTY'S FORUMS/ COLLECTORS' CLUB. CONDUCT YOURSELVES ACCORDINGLY.

THERE WILL NOT BE PLACING OF UNREALISTIC DEMANDS ON YOUR PARTNER. Some do not have the method nor the means to run out & purchase things that you collect EXCLUSIVELY, particularly if you cannot find and obtain it YOURSELVES! FOR VARIOUS RAESONS SOME MAY NOT HAVE WHAT YOU WANT ON HAND NOR THE ABILITY OR THE MEANS TO RUN OUT AND BUY IT FOR YOU! GET REAL!!!

NO ONE is free to do ANYTHING with what is RECEIVED UNTIL BOTH PARTIES ARE IN AGREEMENT AND ARE SATISFIED, at which time ALL PARTIES WILL RETURN TO THESE BOARDS AND OPENYLY DECLARE THAT SAID SWAP IS SATISFACTORY AND THEREBY CONSUMATED.

If at all possible (within reason) be gracious enough to accept what you receive (even if you don't like it <if possible> and set it aside for FUTURE SWAPS. However, if the items are NOT as previously discussed from the get-go and are so gravely out of kilter, RETURN ONE ANOTHERS' ITEMS IMMEDIATELY.

Once ALL parties are satisfied that their swaps indeed have been equitable and satisfactory, COME TO THE BOARDS & OPENLY STATE SO. REMEMBER....EVERYONE is being RATED BY ME on your personal sheets that you have provided me.

Any ONE person that repeatedly causes problems will NO LONGER BE PERMITTED TO TAKE PART IN FUTURE SWAPS.

It's really quite simple - USE YOUR HEADS! COMMUNICATE, COME TO TERMS, MAIL IMMEDIATELY. IF IN DOUBT - ADD MORE! NO UNREALISTIC DEMANDS. I tell you NOW, that SUCH SELFISHNESS OR MISBEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

SHIP PROMPTL & PROPERLY - USE DEL. CONF and Insure as applicable! POST SAID #s HERE!

Upon receipt - CHECK ITEMS. If GROSSLY DIS-SATISFIED ... TELL YOUR PARTNER. DO NOT LET ILL FEELINGS FESTER.

When culminated come to THIS THREAD and STATE your TRUE FEELINGS. I AM RATING EVERYONE ON ALL OF THE AFOREMENTIONED GUIDELINES.

ONCE MUTUALLY SATISFIED, THEN AND ONLY THEN ARE YOU FREE TO DO WITH SAID ITEMS AS YOU PLEASE.

This is as SIMPLY as this can be run and involves a minimum amount of Common Sense and Fair Play.

What ELSE can I say that hasn't already been covered? Conduct yourselves as Gentlemen and LET"S GET IT ON!

In the event certain problems DO arise, feel free to contact me ANYTIME but BE ADVISED, I AM A VERY BUSY MAN!

LET'S ROLL. Happy Swapping to ALL.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING SWAP RULES PLEASE SEE PAST SWAP INTROS OR CONTACT MUSKY1011, BIGJOHND, EYOUNG429, CLAYCHASER, JOHNK OR ANY OF THE "ELDERS"IF I AM NOT AVAILABLE

Comments

• TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭
    BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in and this time you are IN TOO! Even if you gotta trade with ME! image

TorinoCobra71

"Better not pass this one up!"

• Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Last swap went great, I'm in again.
  • bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    I may be in if the price is right and we dont get to crazy!!! image

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Are there any clad quarter traders out there?
  • BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Back in the swing of things, I'm in.
  • slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    Please count me in!
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • I am ready to go in. Boom has gotten all my info, just let me know when, whom and how much.
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boom has my contact info, so why not. I'll be out of the country from 6/16 to 7/8, so if thats a problem let me know.
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Everyone here is on Go. Bootleg3 is approved.

ctgreatone ... is this to be taken as an entry? I'm certain we can find some claddies for ya! image

Please reply to this thread.

Thank you. C'mon everybody - let's sign up!

• yes, I will give it a try, and I'm really am not so limited as only Clad's . Mercury Dimes and Small cents too might be just fine!

but I have to get this done by July 4th though !!!
  • Ya know Boom- I was in the first spring into summer swap- last year-
    I'll give it another shot.

but as an original member of the Official swap club- I think this one should be a limit of say $75.00 numistamtic value- and use either a raw version of such or strictly PCGS- since we are using the houses boards to do this.

If the swappers want to exchange a little something above this- then that is the surprise.

As always NO EXPLICIT DEMANDS SHOULD BE PLACED ON ANY SWAPPER.

Just my 2 cents worth - if it means anything.

I believe we stand at eleven. Let's get some more in here.

I have an old friend that just signed up here and I think I'll see if I can draft him to take part. He's a great guy.

If you've ever read "Found in rolls" in an issue of Coin World, Mr. Bill O'Rourke whose ID, if not mistaken, is foundinrolls, then you know who I am referring to.

If you get half a chance to meet or chat with Bill tell him I sent ya! image
  • eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Count me in please.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
    Cool. Thanx Earl. We now stand at a dozen and there is still time for more..... MUCH MORE!

I cannot impress upon all of you the importance of the fact 1)- that this is for FUN and the enjoyment of our Hobby at it's Grass Root's level.

2) - Communication and agreeing upon Fair Market Value (even for RAW coins - accurately graded) as it relates to swapping which leads to.......

3) - I repeat for the UMPTEENTH TIME that NO UNDUE STRESS or UNREALISTIC DEMANDS shall be placed upon your respective partners (ie: "I'll ONLY accept "????" because I need it for my Registry set.") This is sheer and utter Nonsense.

4) - KEEP IT SIMPLE and make this a happy, pleasing experience for one another. If you cannot find or afford to obtain said coin ON YOUR OWN then DO NOT PLACE such demands on your partner! This "attitude" is severely hurting the whole Swap concept. If your partner isn't some Multi- Millionaire that a) just happens to have the coin you seek lying around or b) does not have access to nor can find such a coin that YOU need then be gracious enough to accept his or her station in life as well as his or her budget and what they have, even if you must set it aside for future swaps! Building Registry Sets by trading off your duplicates or lower graded PCGS coins/ even NGC graded or 3rd world graded coins for PQ PCGS certified pieces is WRONG and will not be tolerated. ONE BAD APPLE IS NOT GOING TO KILL COINS SWAPPING! Before it comes to this, whomever the shoe fits will no longer be permitted to take part. Now, that's ALL I have to say about this subject. The next time I receive feedback along these lines, regardless of whomever you may be, will be THE LAST time.

Again, I am mentioning no one particular Name but if the shoe fits, wear it!

I've noticed a very bad Trend in that many enthusiastic new swappers were somehow made to feel that what they have isn't good enough and no longer want to take part. This, too, MUST END NOW!

The "Rules" are quite simple actually. Treat your partner the way YOU would like to be treated. When in doubt GIVE A MORE! Does it hurt you to GIVE? Greed is NOT a healthy human trait. Try GIVING! Lose that "Death Grip" and learn to give some good stuff and not your sloppy seconds or pieces you no longer find "desirable".

The reason for the Common Sense Rules of swapping - the posting of 1) having communicated & coming to terms, 2) Posting date of actual shipment TO THIS THREAD along with a Delivery Confirmation number shows the element of Trust vs "I'll wait & see what I get first before I send" AND it covers your butt and enhances your credibility because with a few clicks of a mouse any & all here may see that a) coins were shipped and b) coins were received.
    It would also serve every one of us well to insure your coins. (I have confidence in all of you that you can see "Why" this would be important.

NO ONE IS FREE TO DO WITH WHATEVER IS RECEIVED UNTIL IT IS ALSO POSTED THAT THE SWAP HAS BEEN MUTUALLY SATISFACTORY. THE COINS YOU RECEIVE ARE NOT YOURS UNTIL YOUR SWAPMATE DECLARES THIS! Upon receipt of said coin(s) it should be first, brought to your partners' attention (DO NOT LET THINGS FESTER BY BITING YOUR RESPECTIVE TONGUES YET FLAPPING YOUR GUMS BEHIND THIS PERSON'S BACK!)

It's really quite simple and for a Membership of THOUSANDS to only have a dozen or so swap participants signals to me that there is a problem somewhere which must be addressed and dealt with. Coin swapping could and should be a very pleasant experience. There are several here among us that are "La Creme de la Creme." JohnK, Musky 1011, (just to mention a couple) as well as a number of others are some real giving type souls that more of us should aspire to emulate.

We have been through the basics time and time again. There is NO reason why a membership of thousands should be limited to less than 20 people. THINK ABOUT IT!

Have a nice day and GET OUT THERE AND INVITE SOME PEOPLE TO TAKE PART IN THESE CLUB SWAPS. imageimage
    I have invited the 46 people that posted on my giveaway

Hope we get a fewimage

That should keep ya busy

Jim

LOL.. Musky thats awsome
    Well I wonder who will get stuck with swapping with me this time..... image

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

I'm trying to bribe some people

Jim

• DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856
    OK, could someone explain to me exactly how this works? Thanks.
    aka Dan
    Ok, count me in!
    aka Dan
    right on another swapper...
    Welcome DZCoinz

thanks image
    aka Dan
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I am in but not sure of what to do and when to do it. I am not a regular on this forum so if you need to give me a poke in the ribs to wake me up, shoot me a PM.

Let me know value range and what sorta coin or coins needs to be put forth.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • I haven't done one of these before, but count me in! Info PM'd.
    Exclusively collecting Capped Bust Halves in VF to AU, especially rarity 3 and up.
    Joe G.
    Great BST purchases completed with commoncents123, p8nt, blu62vette and Stuart. Great coin swaps completed with rah1959, eyoung429 and Zug. Top-notch consignment experience with Russ.
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice swap with scooter25!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ihaven't done one of these either, but count me in! Info PM'd.

Edited to add... I'm approved!!!!! image

Jim
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
    Checking in.

OKBustChaser is approved. Rob, (lordmarcovan)you're way good to go as is DJCoinz, jobiwan115 and ElKevvo (KEVIN - SIGN IN TO THIS THREAD SO I CAN KEEP TRACK!)

Thanx to all and also ... WELCOME ABOARD!

I have to finish checking PMs but for now here is how it goes, particularly for newbs.

I NEED 1) REAL NAME 2) verifiable email address 3) verifiable home phone # and physical Home address and place where you can BEST be contacted at a moment's notice.

Anytime anyone should have questions as to how the rules go just scroll back and search past Swaps and the Common Sense rules of Coin Swapping. MUSKY1011 is hereby hand picked as 1st Assistant. He is "on" a lot more than I am and will be glad to help you.

In the event neither I nor Musky1011 is on, any of the following is also authorized to act on my behalf in my abscence and are also "authorized Club assistants". In theory, should I be unavailable, all of these 5 men know the "Rules" and will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you for your participation and in advance for your co-operation.

a) BigJohnD
    b) eyoung429
    c) claychaser
    d) JohnK

If you will excuse me I have more PMs to handle and threads to work before getting back to work. I will check back in periodically.
  • ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm approved! Looking forward to my first coin swap!

K
    ANA LM
    Welcome to all of our newcomers and nice to see some of the older members joining.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or any of the other members. If you are a type collector or even new, you can post prior to the swap what you like to collect....Just remember : YOU ARE NOT EXPECTED TO GIVE SPECIFIC DATES, MM OR TYPE UNLESS YOU WANT TO.

Also, in listing your likes this will help the selection process as well. Not all of us collect only one type, ie.... bust coins only, trimes, draped, ....but there is always the chance that you can be paired with another swapper who has your same interests.

For all the new people, I am into Morgans, pre-1930's silver, VAM's, and as you can see by my icon...an avid error collector....anything from planchet flaws to die clashes.

Again,
    WELCOME!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

AS POSTED IN PRIOR SWAPS .... THESE ARE THE COMMON SENSE RULES OF COIN SWAPPING. PLEASE READ & PRINT IF POSSIBLE

I usually post the Common Sense Rules of Coin Swapping at least once per swap and we try to keep things as simple as possible. In theory it's all for fun, however when trusted elders are paired the "sky" literally IS the limit.

I keep everyones' contact info for obvious reasons. For one thing, no stranger or newbie will be permitted to come in off the street, sign up, obtain cains and pull a Houdini without serious repercussions. Like a random drug-screen, I may happen to call whomever- whenever! Basically everyone must give me verifiable contact info (Name, address, phone #) eBay ID <if applicable> ... any and everything I personally could use to verify that an individual actually IS who he or she claims to be.

Partners are chosen by me. Many times if we are an odd # I will sit out, Other times if we have an influx of true newbies that are suspect, it stands to reason that I swap with them to check them out. It also helps in that if anyone gets ripped by a less than ethical person that it should be ME and not some other innocent swapper. I then have the right to do what I must. Since initiating this there have been no screw ups, (I am happy to report this, so apparently the basis on which this is run has turned out to be pretty "sound."

First thing partners are to do is communicate with one another, first by PM then by email or telephone when warranted. Chat about interests, like/ dilikes/ agree on a limit and how this limit is to be arrived at. Once the ground has been broken and terms have been agreed upon both parties are to come to this very thread and state so publicly. I STRESS THAT NO UNREALISTIC DEMANDS/ NO UNDUE STRESS IS TO BE PLACED UPON ONE OR THE OTHER PARTY. In other words there needs to be flexibility and some spirit of fair play and of giving, not getting. THERE WILL BE NO UNLOADING OF THINGS WE NO LONGER WANT (SLOPPY SECONDS) on MATES with the hopes of getting a bunch of good stuff in exchange for one's "undesirables."

Communication/ agreeing on a limit and how this limit will be arrived at and FAIR PLAY is Paramount therefore once this is all attended to and the Parties are in agreement they both COME BACK TO THIS THREAD and simply state that this has been achieved. If I receive more than a couple complaints about any given member being "difficult" and unwilling to bend - placing unrealistic ultimatums on his or her swap mate by only accepting what they collect and want vs being gracious enough to accept what is given them (within reason) no longer will they be able to take part in the festivities. I will not discuss openly or publicly how I will address this but rest assured there are methods in place to have them no longer WANT to take part, of their own accord. image I am happy to say that this has never transpired.

OK, so parties communicate and agree then post to that effect, publicly. NOW IS WHEN THE COMMON SENSE RULES START TAKING OVER:

After publicly declaring that the ice has been broken and terms and values have been agreed upon, each respective partner MUST come to the thread AGAIN and post publicly the DELIVERY CONFIRMATION NUMBERS and INSURANCE TAG #s, if merited. This way any & everyone in the group can conduct Track &Confirm to verify whether goods have truly been shipped or not as well as received or not. WHAT YOU ARE DOING AT THIS POINT IS COVERING YOUR RESPECTIVE BEHINDS AND SHOWING HOW EASY YOU ARE TO WORK WITH AND PROVIDING VERIFIABLE TRACK & CONFIRM NUMBERS FOR ALL TO SEE THAT YOU HAVE IN FACT SHIPPED PROMPTLY. BTW, KUDOS goes out to TORINO COBRA71 in THIS respect! image

THERE WILL BE NO WAITING AROUND TO SEE WHAT ONE GETS BEFORE SHIPPING. There simply will be NONE OF THIS because if the first part (communication and arriving at values) has been discussed then there really IS NO EXCUSE FOR WAITING! OK, so now all of the aforementioned has been done (It's a System that seems to work!) .

Packages are received yet NEITHER PARTY is free to do ANYTHING with what is received until AGAIN, BOTH PARTIES COME TO THIS THREAD ONE FINAL TIME AND PUBLICLY STATE THAT THEY ARE BOTH MUTUALLY SATISFIED. If there is a problem (at this point my theory is, "If in doubt ADD a little more," It won't kill any of us to GIVE. TREAT YOUR SWAPMATE THE WAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED. It's just that simple but in the event one feels as though the swap has not been equitable, DO NOT SIT THERE AND SAY NOTHING AND ALLOW ILL FEELINGS TO FESTER!. We all should still have our mates' info so communicate again and ask, "Are you REALLY OK with what I sent you? ARE YOU SATISFIED WITH WHAT HAS BEEN SENT?"

IF NOT then it is Paramount to iron things out and people, BE REASONABLE, OK!? If you are truly dis-satisfied, TELL YOUR PARTNER. IF someone is a total jack-ass and gives you the ole sob story or run around ... if things are beyond reconciliation, both parties are to return each others' items, I am to be made aware of this and that will be that!

For Pete's sake, it's a simple coin swap. This is for the sheer enjoyment of our Hobby and a great way to get to know each other a lot better than judging one another by an Avatar and their ability to type words on an Internet Chat Forum, or the lack thereof!

I am definitely in favor of INSURING your items and to agree on an amount that requires a Signature. I AM NOT SAYING YOU NEED SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION or a Green, signed return slip. But having printed thousands of labels using Click-N-Ship or paypal shipping's link to the USPS this is what I know: If a package is worth under $50, even though you purchase USPS Insurance, the recipient does NOT have to sign for the package. We've had tales of "The Mail Carrier knew and must have stolen it." Hmmmm. If however on the other hand, a package is worth MORE than $50 the label you print will have a different look about it across the bottom and in theory the carrier is SUPPOSE to have the recipient SIGN for the package.. Do it yourself jobs with Red Bulls Eyes and the word INSURED stamped all over the package are open invitations to thievery anywhere along the line, yes - even by the carrier as there will be NO SIGNATURE, simply Delivery Confirmation which only shows that your package was delivered SOMEWHERE. ARE YOU ALL WITH ME SO FAR? IT"S NOT THAT DIFICULT!

Assuming all has gone smoothly/ deliveries successfully made, packages opened and everyone is satisfied, YOU MUST COME TO THE BOARDS AND STATE SO. If there is a scenario in which your mate is being difficult beyond reason and reconciliation, THEN AND ONLY THEN do you come to me as Mediator/ Arbitrator and I will straighten the mess out and the incident will go on both parties' permanent record. EVERYONE IS BEING KEPT TRACK OF AND RATED by me and by the info given me by all of the aforementioned.

Thus far the system has worked. There have been no MAJOR incidents (at least, not that I am aware of). I know Who's who and who is making things difficult. This is a simple coin swap and again I repeat, it's about fair-play and treating each other well. If all goes well, as has been the case in most swaps, it's great and we move on. If there is a bunch of needless selfishness and making things difficult, that TOO is being recorded and I will not permit any one individual to ruin these swaps due to selfishness, being unreasonable or downright difficult to work with.

We are adults and should conduct ourselves as rational gentlemen. Re-read this or print it out and keep for your permanent record. The simple protocol may seem a little "much" at first but it is as close to idiot-proof and fail-safe as we can get it without going to extremes. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR PARTNER - WORK IT OUT! I ALSO REPEAT THAT NO ONE IS FREE TO DO ANYTHING WITH WHAT IS RECEIVE UNTIL I SEE PUBLICLY POSTED, RIGHT HERE, WITH MY OWN TWO BABY BLUES, THAT ALL WENT WELL AND WAS DEEMED SATISFACTORY!

Earler on we spoke of creating a self-policing Organization, with rules. Well ... these are the rules. They are not difficult and truly are "COMMON SENSE" in Nature. There are many Quality people here and with my work load I simply cannot be here everyday therefore I appoint MUSKY1011 as my First. DO NOT MISINTERPRET or twist this in any fashion. Jim is a good guy as is JohnK, BigJohnD, claychaser, eyoung429 and quite a few others.

Any of these "elders" KNOWS how this is to be run as well as the rules. In the event I am not online, PM me or email me if you must at quarterguy@bellsouth.net (I suggest YOU ALL make record of my email address) and if by chance, I am not available to attend to you personally, IMMEDIATELY, any and all of thes men will be glad to work together to handle your situation and or to help you with your needs. If you have any questions, at anytime, do as stated by leaving me a message or emailing me but feel free to go to and thru any or all of these men.

Thank you all for your interest in our coin swaps. Keep it fair, keep it simple. Be a GIVER, not a TAKER and most of all - HAVE FUN! TREAT YOUR SWAP-MATE the way YOU would like to be treated and if when in doubt, ADD A BONUS. Once declared mutually satisfied, the swap will be deemed consumated and the coins will then be yours to do with as you see fit!

Notice will be given well in advance before the deadline approaches. We are still in the sign up mode.

Thanx,

BOOM image
    As you post here, state for the record so that I may get an accurate head count, whether you are IN on the swap

or not and if so, please see to it that you furnish the required contact info.

If you have NOT furnished the required contact information NOR have you publicly declared, I cannot count you in.

Thanks & have a great day. image
    Wouldn't it be funny if "I" won my own giveawayimage

Jim

• BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    I'm in!! Having puter pr0blems at home so I can only get on at work right nowimage I'll send a couple of PM's just to verifyimage
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
    PM received. You're in BRDudeimage
    Sorry Kory, couldn't help myself......

To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Rosevelt image

Welcome all newbies to swapping, all good fun!
  • BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry Kory, couldn't help myself...... >>

<< <i>To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Rosevelt >>

OOPS!! fixed nowimage
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
    Oh, you mean Teddy Roosevelt then, right? image
    Oh, BTW, what say we kill 2 birds with one stone and try to pull this off for swaps to be consumated by Fathers' Day? You guys want to pair up by Monday the 11th or shall we wait?

Open for suggestion. Majority rules. image

What say ye one & all?

Whatever!!??image
  • Father's Day is fine by me.
    Fathers day will work for me.

My vote is for Monday the 11th.

Then a Forth of July swap, Labor Day swap, Holloween swap, Thanksgiving swap & Christmas swap.
    Those that miss out now will have their chance soon enough.
  • tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    Interested swap parties - BOOM
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to my first swap...as per my handle, I mostly collect capped bust material, but I do also collect quarters and halves of all type up to current.

Jim
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
    PMs sent to everyone listed here. Please save in a safe place for your permanent record should something happen to me.

Although I have most of your personal info, some sent very recently, I ask that you all comply with the PM so that I may revise the Roster and have everyones' personal info a) in the very top of our respective PM History and b) where designated as requested in said PM.

I want to be certain that everyones' info is up to date and as I am FINALLY settling in here at my new residence. I want to be certain to have all members' info very handy & organized in case an event as that which transpired very recently ever happens again.

Although I have many of your records, some very recently sent, please send them again so that I may organize all this in one club file on the machine as well as in a physical file.

Your co-operation IS appreciated.

Thank you one & all.

BOOM

Thank you, Kev for responding so quickly. This works big time in helping to get better organized. When you (ALL) email me with the requested information, I physically print your info out and save it to an actual folder then a file on the computer.
    ***********************************************************************************************

Once you send me your info I will have it in at least 3 places and will send you a return verification email. I then have all your verifiable info available at the drop of a hat and can thereby keep better tabs on all involved in club swaps along with your personal primary Numismatic Interests as well as secondary Interests.

This should have been implemented in this very fashion from the beginning therefore it is urgent that you ALL comply with a form similar to what I have sent all of you.
    Again, thank you,
    BOOM

Once ALL of you have complied I will have everyones' information printed out and saved as I urge you to do with the PM I sent to each of you, at which point you will thereby become VERIFIED and YES 1) EVERYONE WILL NEED TO DO THIS WHETHER THEY HAVE DONE IT BEFORE OR NOT 2) This will make it much easier for me to keep tabs of everyones' likes/ dis-like and all that comes with it. 3) In the event some unforeseeable "happening" should transpire I will now have EVERYONE'S Info right where I can find it at a moment's notice - something I was trying to implement when several things such as a Divorce, TWO KILLER HURRICANES, several Family tragedies and Deaths (real Deaths) and real world situations took precedence over all this and the chaos that ensued as a result of it all. Consider it starting over from scratch. Not until I have an email from you and you have one from me in return, thereby having one anothers' email addresses and Personal Information, with the word VERIFIED written to you from me, will your parts as members be completed.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to keep mental note of everyones' preferences and contact info. This way I can make notes on YOUR SHEET!

Let's get it done. First PM me (AGAIN) as I have you and secondly, email me at the address I have given you in the context of that PM.

Thank you,
    BOOM
    PM sentimage

Jim

Thanx to everyone that has sent info & email. Files & folders made. I appreciate it. Check around, in fact I'll let you know later whose I need, and whoever has not yet done so per today's request, please do.

Thanx,

BOOM
  • PM and email sent!
    Exclusively collecting Capped Bust Halves in VF to AU, especially rarity 3 and up.
    Joe G.
    Great BST purchases completed with commoncents123, p8nt, blu62vette and Stuart. Great coin swaps completed with rah1959, eyoung429 and Zug. Top-notch consignment experience with Russ.