Home Metal Detecting

todays finds 5/7

went to a local town common,never had much luck there. there is a bandstand in the center built in 1894. dug these two nickles close by , very iffy readings on my detector about 4.5 inches down .the first was an
1890,(my oldest datable coin so far). the second was a 1900 . the two wheats 31,56, i found nearby also. image

Comments

• Bet there's more from where those come from. Nice going.

G.
    imageimageimage
  • kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭
    Nice finds, two V nickels in one day, by the looks of it they have been in the ground for quite some time. image
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    V-nix are not easy finds. I find a lot more Indian cents than I do Liberty nickels. WTG! Now go get those Barber silvers! (Or Seated silver... that 1890 puts you back into the Seated Liberty date range!)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • well no more v nickles, but i did get a 43 merc and a 50 wheat . there is tons of crap there i must have dug 50 pulltabs its tough weeding out the good stuff
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a choice spot.... could there be stuff 'beneath' the stand? May be trashy.. but there is good stuff mixed in... Cheers, RickO
  • phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Six keepers and only 50 pulltabs..... Your doing good!
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those pulltabs could be your friend. They might've scared off the competition.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not too bad... I once found a diamond ring in 18k, a franklin half, and some silver FDR dimes with a cheap $ 15.00 dollar metal detector that I bought from radio shack. KOOL !!!