Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Uh oh, looks like another sms coin in a non-sms holder.

1967 nickel

Edited to say, I guess it's really pop 1 or pop 0 in ms67. There's a whole bunch of mislabeled proof S Lincolns too. A newly listed ms68 70-s sd in the pop report has to be a proof, the ms68 71-s too. Clackamas owns the ms69 68-s nickel, really a proof.

Comments

• Options
    ttt
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • Options
    LincolnsRuleLincolnsRule Posts: 1,738
    See the price realized, $1450 before juice. The price guide says $50 for an ms67 SMS. The coin looks just like the other 1966 and 1967's auctioned which were all sms.
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Someone got ROYALLY ripped (thanks to PCGS's mistake) & Teletrade's incompetence! image
  • Options
    Did either of you contact Teletrade or do you just whine on the forums about stuff?
  • Options
    Did either of you contact Teletrade or do you just whine on the forums about stuff?

Dang it Flying Eagle! What's up? This Forum was almost put to sleep once. We need more threads from
    members like LR & Roger. They are very knowledgable and highly regarded here. I didn't detect any
    whining until your reply was introduced. Think before you type.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    Complaints about another venue on these forums are of no value. Other than whining here these people took no action to stop this sale and fix the problem. Wasted thread of fluff.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was the winner of this Teletrade 1967 PCGS Jefferson

Other than the price, doesn't the coin featured in this thread (at $1,400.) and mine (at $33.) appear the same?

peacockcoins

• Options
    PandavabPandavab Posts: 960 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was the winner of <a class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.teletrade.com/coins/lot.asp?auction=2363&lot=1274" target=blank>this Teletrade 1967 PCGS Jefferson</A>

Other than the price, doesn't the coin featured in this thread (at $1,400.) and mine (at $33.) appear the same? >>

Yes, but yours is in better condition too. I'm hoping all those nicks in the picture on the OP's link are on the slab, not the coin. I'm not sure how that is MS67 otherwise.
  • Options
    FE is right, I'm mainly just whining.

Contacting Teletrade is a good idea though, although I assume the cataloguer or whoever else saw the coin would have to have already known it is an sms. (Or maybe I shouldn't assume that?)

So is the buyer (and underbidder) that misinformed that they think pcgs is always correct on these? Or do they just really not care, and only want the registry points?

And gosh Pandavab is right, even if that was a business strike, no way is that an ms67! I have nicer quality just graded ms65's for sale.
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    I wonder if PCGS' guarantee has a provision to make the (naive) buyer whole in these situations. image

Actually, I'm not really wondering at all. image