Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1999 silver proof set

I bought a 1999 silver proof set from the mint back then, I saw wher its worth between 400-600, is this actually true? It's the 9 coin variety with a red background.
If it is, do you think it may go up even further in the future?

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Right now they're going for about $300-350 on eBay. image to the boards!!

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they fetch a premium, what commoncents05 said.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    Thanks for the info and thanks for the welcome.
  • Options
    MrBlusterMrBluster Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
    I sold mine a few yrs back for $125. You never know how high these things will go.

Welcome to the Boards image
  • Options
    I got $750 for 1999-2006.
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards... enjoy.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    image i just passed up on a '99 silver proof set at a crappy little auction held in a barn...it went for $5.00...i need to go throw up now
  • Options
    Yeeeeee Haaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I have one with double flaps and close AM's........................image
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<i just passed up on a '99 silver proof set at a crappy little auction held in a barn...it went for $5.00...i need to go throw up now>>

You must be joking right? Go find the guy who bought it for $5, and offer him $50.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Welcome!
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image i just passed up on a '99 silver proof set at a crappy little auction held in a barn...it went for $5.00...i need to go throw up now >>

You should go beat your head on the barn wall untill I say stop. LOL
    Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    23Pairer23Pairer Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

<< <i><<i just passed up on a '99 silver proof set at a crappy little auction held in a barn...it went for $5.00...i need to go throw up now>>

You must be joking right? Go find the guy who bought it for $5, and offer him $50. >>

Too, late, I already doubled my money!!!!!!image
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    The other half of your question is about the future price. Yes, I think it will continue to rise as all silver products will...and they ain't makin' anymore of these. As a confirmed hoarder, whose speculation advice regarding coin values is much less informed than many here, I say hold, hold, hold. Among modern proof sets, you have a "key."

raz
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya never know where these are going...I think they are a good thing to hold until you need the money...

K
    ANA LM
  • Options

<< <i>image i just passed up on a '99 silver proof set at a crappy little auction held in a barn...it went for $5.00...i need to go throw up now >>

Is there a board antonym for you suck? image
    -Ken
  • Options

If you didn't bid on that at $5 what you did buy must have been a MAJOR rip. image
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    image to the boards!

Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    i've got a good buddy named jeff taggart, any kin? image
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    i just passed up on a '99 silver proof set at a crappy little auction held in a barn...it went for $5.00...i need to go throw up now

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options

<< <i>

Is there a board antonym for you suck? image >>

You blow or you blew it
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image to the Forums, Taggart! Enjoy!

Yes, the 1999 silver proof set (9 coin, in the red box) is worth a lot of money, well over $300 as of this writing. No one knows what it, or any other coin, will be worth in the future. The reason is the same reason why you have never seen the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery". image

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    Welcome to the Board and I suggest you hold for awhile...image
  • Options

• Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    I got mine for $35 in my inventory I list it as having a current value of $455
  • Options
    I have one in the ultra rare 2 flap box.............Baaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file