Home Metal Detecting

This is neat...

I put some of the Buffalo nickels I have found with my detector on eBay....Looks like they are going to sell....for more than I thought they would. Normally, I can't get crap for good clean Buffs, I wonder why the detected ones are selling?

Buffs on eBay

Comments

• It is a good way to start a collection!

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Did you find the 1794 half cent that you just sold on Ebay? I know that the auction stated that it was found detecting but not necessarily by you. That was a beauty of a coin.

"to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • DesertRatDesertRat Posts: 1,791
    My Mom knows I'm into coins but bless her heart, she doesn't understand what type of coins or why I collect. So, every month or so she sends me an envelope with a couple buffalo nickels or other coins in 2x2's that she picks up at the local swap meet. Most look like those you are selling and she pays a buck a piece for them. So maybe I'll end up with one or two of those in the future image
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice spread for collectors starting the Buffalo nickel series... gives them a nice starting group. How long did it take to find that many? Cheers, RickO
  • Crispy..yes I did find that 1794 Half Cent that was on eBay...that one had Lordmarcovan sick that day...

Ricko...Those were found over a long period of time, but most were found here in the last couple of years or so..I have sold found groups of Buffalos before..