Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Topps Cardinals Autograph Collection (1952 - 1961 Topps totally complete!)

Comments

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping for Stan the Man

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 26, 2020 4:57PM

@mrmopar said:
    Cepeda will be my guess, if you still need any of his Cards cards.

Dear Mr Hardie,

You are absolutely correct!

Sincerely,

Mr Hardie

;)

Shane

• Options

Up next is a milestone! This one is a 1968 Topps Orlando Cepeda AS. This one is a very nice, bold signature.

This raises the total to an even 1,500.

Cardinals-Autographs-596

Shane

• Options
    PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 302 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 26, 2020 9:08PM

@frankhardy said:
    Up next is a triple signed 1970 Topps League Leaders card. This card is signed by the late Bob Gibson, Steve Carlton, and non-Cardinals player Juan Marichal. Of course, only 2 of these will add to the total, but I think it is a fantastic card. This card comes from a reputable source from near St Louis that I purchase from regularly. He has private signings with many former Cardinals players like Mark McGwire, Jim Edmonds, Albert Pujols. He has had signings with Bob Gibson multiple times.

These 2 signatures raise the total to 1,499.

Cardinals-Autographs-595

Love this card. Triple autos, all with blue sharpie. Beautiful. I have a similar triple auto- 1971 NL RBI Leaders with Bench, Perez, and Williams.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, I love signed 68’s!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭

I absolutely loved those '68 TSN AS cards as a kid. They were about a decade old at the time I first saw one, so they were not common for a 8-10 year old, but they made a lasting impression. Very nice.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options

Up next is another All Star card. This is a 1986 Topps AS Ozzie Smith signed by the Wizard himself.

That takes the total up a notch to 1,501.

Cardinals-Autographs-597

Shane

• Options
    edited January 2, 2021 2:47PM

This is sort of a unique post. None of these are additions that add to my count. These cards were already in my collection and were posted earlier. A buddy of mine was sending in a submission to Beckett. I sent these to him for authentication. I was already more than fairly certain that these were authentic. I just wanted a little more certainty. And yes, I have already turned right around and busted them out and put them in my album. I simply insert the card in a penny sleeve and neatly tape the flip / label to the back and put it in my album. Obviously, if I had any intention of selling I would not do that. This collection is to be enjoyed in albums and not for sale.

These do not add to the total.

Cardinals-Autographs-598

Cardinals-Autographs-599

Shane

• Options
    edited October 22, 2022 12:48PM

The cards in this post were obtained by the same buddy that got the above cards authenticated from Beckett. He is good friends and college teammates with former Cardinals player Kerry Robinson. A few weeks ago I sent my buddy, Jason, these cards because he told me he was going to be spending the day with Kerry Robinson. What is neat about these is that he sent me pictures of him actually signing my cards. My thanks to both of them!

I already had a 2003 Topps, so I am replacing the former one with the new one. These 4 signatures will add 3 to the count to raise it to 1,504.

Cardinals-Autographs-600

Cardinals-Autographs-601

Cardinals-Autographs-602

Shane

• Options

Trying to get caught up here....up next is a 1978 Topps Record Breaker Lou Brock. Got this one from a very reliable source who got it signed directly from Lou Brock.

This one raises the total to 1,505.

Cardinals-Autographs-603

Shane

• Options
    edited September 18, 2021 12:33PM

Up next is a couple of Jim Edmonds signed cards. These are the 2002 Topps and 2002 Topps Award Winner in the main set. Got these from my usual Jim Edmonds / Mark McGwire source. This completes the run of main Jim Edmonds cards. I'm sure there are some subset cards like the Award Winner above that I need, but that takes care of the main cards from 2000 to 2008. Jim Edmonds.....one of the best defensive centerfielders to ever play!

This raises the total to 1,507.

Cardinals-Autographs-604

Shane

• Options
    edited September 18, 2021 12:37PM

Back on December 31st, 2020, I received an envelope in the mail. This envelope looked very, very familiar. It was like a blast from the past. It was a TTM envelope. Since it had been over a decade since I have regularly sent out an TTM, I was stunned. Who was it from?

I turned over the envelope to open it and I was saddened to see the sticker affixed to the flap. I checked my TTM spreadsheet that I haven't even looked at in years and I discovered that I sent this one out on October 3rd, 2008. I got it back 4,472 days later. He had passed away October 29, 2020. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

Cardinals-Autographs-605

Cardinals-Autographs-606

Shane

• Options

Maybe if he had bothered to look at his mail!

Kidding, as I have no idea why it would have sat so long or why it never got singed at all.

It's nice, but disappointing that it finally comes back unsigned due to his passing 12 years after the request was sent! that is just crazy! That begs the question, is his signature tough in general? Maybe there were bags of mail he ignored and family finally is clearing it out after his death?

• Options

I can't find that particular card signed. Must be tough.

Shane

• Options

I meant is his signature tough in general, but I see he signed certified cards in the 1970 design Heritage set, so finding an autograph for him (especially certified) should not be that hard for a bit...until they all get sucked up into collections.

There were no non-certified cards and only a single 3x5, so maybe he just didn't sign much at all.

• Options

Time to get caught back up. This one isn't all that tough, although he doesn't seem to sign TTM. Here is a 1986 Topps Randy Hunt.

This raises the total to 1,508.

Cardinals-Autographs-607

Shane

• Options

Up next is a 2016 Topps Update Aledmys Diaz. I'm trying to balance out my collection more with some modern signatures. It's hard to find vintage signed cards that I don't already have.

This raises the total to 1,509.

Cardinals-Autographs-608

Shane

• Options

Up next is a couple of modern Cardinals that played on the 2011 World Series Championship team. Here is a 2011 Topps Update Mitchell Boggs and a 2014 Topps Update Daniel Descalso.

This raises the total to 1,511.

Cardinals-Autographs-609

Shane

• Options

Up next is a 1970 Topps Strikeout League Leaders signed by all three - Bob Gibson, Fergie Jenkins, and Bill Singer. I acquired this one from my main source for Bob Gibson and other big Cardinals autographs.

This one raises the total to 1,512.

Cardinals-Autographs-610

Shane

• Options

Just trying to get caught up here. I have added 4 various ones.

1985 Topps David Green
    2001 Topps Alan Benes
    2003 Topps Mike Matheny
    2018 Topps Update Dominic Leone

Cardinals-Autographs-611

Cardinals-Autographs-612

Cardinals-Autographs-613

Shane

• Options
    edited March 21, 2021 2:48PM

Up next is nothing major....just an impossible 1962 Topps high number featuring a decent pitcher named Bob Gibson. I have been collecting autographs going on 14 years. I have been searching for this one for nearly that long. This was the first one I have ever seen. Of course, the week after buying this one another one popped up on Ebay. I got mine for a little less than the one listed now. Anyway, no big deal. Thought I would share.

Now up to 1,517.

Cardinals-Autographs-614

Shane

• Options

Up next is a 1965 Topps Ken Boyer. Mr Boyer passed away in 1982. This card comes from the original owner. It was signed late in Mr Boyer's career when he was with the Dodgers.

This one raises the total to 1,518.

Cardinals-Autographs-615

Shane

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

What an amazing collection! Congratulations!

• Options

Thank you very much!

I have a few more to update in the coming days. Up next is a 1975 Topps MVP signed by the late Ken Boyer. I know this one is a very light signature, but after looking for a very long time, this one came up for sale. I would say that probably not many of these exist. With only a 6-7 year window before his death, probably not many of these were signed.

This one raises the total to 1,519.

Cardinals-Autographs-616

Shane

• Options

Up next is kind of a complicated post, but I think it is very interesting. I made a post about this card back on 8/24/2019. This post today is about the corrected card. I will give the long and the short of it about a 1961 Topps Bob Miller.

The short version is that back in August of 2019 I acquired what I thought was the correct Bob Miller signature. Turns out that the signature was of the Bob Miller that got released from the Cardinals in Spring Training of 1959. Since this is a replacement, this one will not add to the total.

Long version coming in the next post.

Cardinals-Autographs-617

Shane

• Options
    edited June 1, 2021 9:07AM

Now for the long (and shall I say, interesting) version of this story.

For those interested, here is why it is so complicated. For starters, did you know that there were 3 Bob Millers playing in the majors in the 1950's? Even though the youngest Cardinals Bob Miller and the Tiger's Bob Miller did not overlap due to the latter Miller's military service, it still makes things a bit confusing. But to make matters very confusing for me as a Cardinals autograph collector, 2 of those Bob Millers were affiliated with the Cardinals. To make things a little easier to grasp, the Tiger's Bob Miller exits stage right and will not be heard from again in this post.

Bob Miller (born 1926; died 2020) played for the Phillies from 1949 to 1958. He is pictured on a 1959 Topps card with the Cardinals after being sold to the Cardinals. The Bob Miller pictured from the 1960 and 1961 Topps cards was born in 1939 and died in 1993. The following is from sabr.org.

In February 1958, Miller (b. 1926; d. 2020) and his family narrowly escaped serious injury when they were involved in a three-car accident while driving to spring training in Clearwater. Once the season started, Miller never got on track, possibly due to lingering effects from his broken wrist. On August 12, with a 1-1 record in 17 games, he was assigned to the Triple-A Miami Marlins, where he pitched in only three games.

In what turned out to be his final season in professional baseball, Miller was sold to the St Louis Cardinals in February of 1959 on a conditional basis. Former teammate Solly Hemus, then with the Cardinals, suggested to general manager Bing Devine that he should give the veteran moundsman a trial. But after a few weeks in spring training, the Cardinals sent him back to the Phillies, who optioned him to the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons. After appearing in eight games he was released. Signing with the Montreal Royals, he pitched in six games, then was released on July 1, and retired from Organized Baseball. Miller’s career major-league pitching mark was 42-42 with a 3.96 earned-run average and 15 saves.

This is the reason he is pictured on a 1959 Topps card as a Cardinals player (although airburshed), even though he never played for the Cardinals.

Bob Miller (born 1939 and died 1993) played for the Cardinals from 1957 - 1961 and is pictured on 1960 and 1961 Topps cards. So.... you have a 1959 Topps Bob Miller that is a different Bob Miller than the 1960 and 1961 Topps Bob MIller.

Since that is so confusing and complicated, I researched to make sure that the Bob Miller born in 1926 didn't sign the 1961 Topps card of the Bob MIller that was born in 1939, especially since the 1939 Miller died in 1993.

At first, back in 2019, I thought I had the correct 1961. After I acquired it, I did more research and discovered that I did not have the correct version. The 1961 card that I posted was signed by Mr Miller (b. 1926; d. 2020) and not by the pictured Mr Miller (b. 1939; d. 1993). The two Mr Millers kind of even look alike. One could see how easy it would be to not realize the mix-up. Not only do they kind of look alike, but their signatures are very similar. But I have figured out how to tell the difference.

I am going to post signatures below to illustrate the difference.

First of all, here is the wrong signature on the 1961 card.

Cardinals_Autographs_492

Here is the correct signature on the 1961 card.

Cardinals-Autographs-617

The first thing you might notice is the size difference. However, that is not the telltale sign because his signature on his 1959 card is much bigger, as seen below.

Cardinals-Autographs-618

In the above picture, you have a correct 1959 and a correct 1960. The 1959 player is the one born in 1926 (d. 2020) and the 1960 player was born in 1939 (d. 1993).

Below those 2 cards you have an incorrect 1961 on the left and a correct 1961 on the right.

There are a couple of telltale signs. First of all with the 1960 and correct 1961 autographs, the "e" and "r" in Miller are rushed and not defined. With the 1959 and the incorrect 1961, the "e" and the "r" are very defined. Notice the slant on the "M" in Miller are identical in the 1959 and the incorrect 1961.

There are 2 more telltale signs. The dot above the "i" in Miller are circles on the 1960 and the correct 1961, while dots in the 1959 and the incorrect 1961. Another sign is in the 1960 and the correct 1961, the last "b" in Bob and the "M" in Miller run together. In the other 2 the first and last name are separated.

So, that's the long and the short of it. I now have the correct 1961.

This one does not add to the total.

Shane

• Options

I of course like the Bob Miller that played for the Dodgers later, your 1960/61 subject. His signatures are not plentiful as you would think from a guy who died in the 90s. I'd have to check, but I don't think I have completed the Dodger run yet.

Nice cards.

@frankhardy said:
    Now for the long (and shall I say, interesting) version of this story.

For those interested, here is why it is so complicated. For starters, did you know that there were 3 Bob Millers playing in the majors in the 1950's? Even though the youngest Cardinals Bob Miller and the Tiger's Bob Miller did not overlap due to the latter Miller's military service, it still makes things a bit confusing. But to make matters very confusing for me as a Cardinals autograph collector, 2 of those Bob Millers were affiliated with the Cardinals. To make things a little easier to grasp, the Tiger's Bob Miller exits stage right and will not be heard from again in this post.

Bob Miller (born 1926; died 2020) played for the Phillies from 1949 to 1958. He is pictured on a 1959 Topps card with the Cardinals after being sold to the Cardinals. The Bob Miller pictured from the 1960 and 1961 Topps cards was born in 1939 and died in 1993. The following is from sabr.org.

In February 1958, Miller (b. 1926; d. 2020) and his family narrowly escaped serious injury when they were involved in a three-car accident while driving to spring training in Clearwater. Once the season started, Miller never got on track, possibly due to lingering effects from his broken wrist. On August 12, with a 1-1 record in 17 games, he was assigned to the Triple-A Miami Marlins, where he pitched in only three games.

In what turned out to be his final season in professional baseball, Miller was sold to the St Louis Cardinals in February of 1959 on a conditional basis. Former teammate Solly Hemus, then with the Cardinals, suggested to general manager Bing Devine that he should give the veteran moundsman a trial. But after a few weeks in spring training, the Cardinals sent him back to the Phillies, who optioned him to the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons. After appearing in eight games he was released. Signing with the Montreal Royals, he pitched in six games, then was released on July 1, and retired from Organized Baseball. Miller’s career major-league pitching mark was 42-42 with a 3.96 earned-run average and 15 saves.

This is the reason he is pictured on a 1959 Topps card as a Cardinals player (although airburshed), even though he never played for the Cardinals.

Bob Miller (born 1939 and died 1993) played for the Cardinals from 1957 - 1961 and is pictured on 1960 and 1961 Topps cards. So.... you have a 1959 Topps Bob Miller that is a different Bob Miller than the 1960 and 1961 Topps Bob MIller.

Since that is so confusing and complicated, I researched to make sure that the Bob Miller born in 1926 didn't sign the 1961 Topps card of the Bob MIller that was born in 1939, especially since the 1939 Miller died in 1993.

At first, back in 2019, I thought I had the correct 1961. After I acquired it, I did more research and discovered that I did not have the correct version. The 1961 card that I posted was signed by Mr Miller (b. 1926; d. 2020) and not by the pictured Mr Miller (b. 1939; d. 1993). The two Mr Millers kind of even look alike. One could see how easy it would be to not realize the mix-up. Not only do they kind of look alike, but their signatures are very similar. But I have figured out how to tell the difference.

I am going to post signatures below to illustrate the difference.

First of all, here is the wrong signature on the 1961 card.

Cardinals_Autographs_492

Here is the correct signature on the 1961 card.

Cardinals-Autographs-617

The first thing you might notice is the size difference. However, that is not the telltale sign because his signature on his 1959 card is much bigger, as seen below.

Cardinals-Autographs-618

In the above picture, you have a correct 1959 and a correct 1960. The 1959 player is the one born in 1926 (d. 2020) and the 1960 player was born in 1939 (d. 1993).

Below those 2 cards you have an incorrect 1961 on the left and a correct 1961 on the right.

There are a couple of telltale signs. First of all with the 1960 and correct 1961 autographs, the "e" and "r" in Miller are rushed and not defined. With the 1959 and the incorrect 1961, the "e" and the "r" are very defined. Notice the slant on the "M" in Miller are identical in the 1959 and the incorrect 1961.

There are 2 more telltale signs. The dot above the "i" in Miller are circles on the 1960 and the correct 1961, while dots in the 1959 and the incorrect 1961. Another sign is in the 1960 and the correct 1961, the last "b" in Bob and the "M" in Miller run together. In the other 2 the first and last name are separated.

So, that's the long and the short of it. I now have the correct 1961.

This one does not add to the total.

• Options

Up next for my online journal is the recent pickup of a 1981 Topps Keith Hernandez. This card is unique in that I did not buy this on purpose. I bought a very large collection of unopened material, sets, singles, and miscellaneous cards. While looking through some cards I found this 1981 Topps Keith Hernandez. I looked at my spreadsheet and I was surprised to see that I did not have one. I don't think I have found one quite like that before. I also found a 1978 Topps Hernandez but I already had one.

Here it is....number 1,520.

Cardinals-Autographs-619

Shane

• Options

cool find!!

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• Options

Next for my journal is a 1969 Topps Curt Flood AS that is authenticated and slabbed by PSA/DNA. As with all of my slabbed autographs, I have busted it out and put it in my album along with the flip on the backside.

More coming in the next few days.

This one raises the total to 1,521.

Cardinals-Autographs-620

Shane

• Options

Up next is a couple of tough ones that I got from one of my reliable sources. Here is a couple of Bob Gibson league leader cards from 1971. The extra signatures are a bonus and a nice addition.

These 2 Gibby's increase the total to 1,523.

Cardinals-Autographs-621

Shane

• Options
    edited July 31, 2021 11:17AM

Up next is a 1975 Topps Reggie Smith. This totally completes the 1975 Topps Cardinals team set all signed.

This raises the total to 1,524.

Cardinals-Autographs-622

Shane

• Options

This next one is a replacement so it will not add to the total. Mr Kinder passed away in 1968 so these are not easy to come by. Even though signatures match, I went ahead and replaced. This one is bolder than my previous one and the card is in much better condition.

Total stays the same.

Cardinals-Autographs-623

Shane

• Options

Up next is a 1986 Topps Joaquin Andujar. Mr Andujar passed away in 2015. At his peak in the mid 1980s, he was one of the best in the business. He was a little eccentric and fell apart in game 7 of the 1985 World Series. After being ejected in Game 7 he destroyed a sink and a toilet in the visitors clubhouse in Kansas City.

This raises the total to 1,525.

Cardinals-Autographs-624

Shane

• Options

Up next in this 14+ year journey is a 1962 Topps Julio Gotay. Mr Gotay passed away in 2008. His signatures are not very common, especially on a 1962 Topps card. Glad to have this one after years of searching.

Cardinals-Autographs-625

Shane

• Options

Up next is the surprisingly tough 1986 Topps Traded Jose Oquendo. Mr Oquendo's signature is not that rare, but for some reason there are not that many 86 Topps Traded cards signed. Been looking for a while and settled on this one.

Total 1,527

Cardinals-Autographs-626

Shane

• Options

With this next one, there is no way on earth that I can post this one without mentioning Game 6 of the 2011 World Series. It is, in my opinion, the greatest World Series game ever. Think about this folks. The home team St Louis Cardinals are down 2 runs (7-5) in the bottom of the ninth inning of a back and forth game. The away Texas Rangers are up 3 games to 2 and one out away from a World Series title. Up comes the home town boy, David Freese, and he quickly gets in the hole with a count of 1-2 against a lights out closer. To the amazement of all he hits an opposite field 2 run triple to tie the game 7-7 and send the game into extra innings.

In the top of the 10th the reigning AL MVP, Josh Hamilton, hits a back breaking 2 run home run to all but seal the crushing loss. I remember being so deflated after the wonderful euphoria of the bottom of the 9th inning. How can the Cardinals possibly come from 2 runs down a second time?

In the bottom of the 10th, the Cardinals, with a runner on 2nd and 3rd, and down to their last strike AGAIN.... the former rival now beloved right fielder, Lance Berkman calmly singles to center field to drive in 2 runs and tie it up AGAIN....9-9!

After a scoreless top of the 11th, the same home town hero who hit the 9th inning, game tying triple, David Freese, leads off the bottom of the 11th and works the count full to 3-2.....

And now, I send it to Joe Buck....

"Freese hits it in the air to center.....We will see you.....TOMORROW NIGHT!"

Goosebumps as I type! Greatest World Series game ever!

This 2012 Topps David Freese raises the total to 1,528.

Cardinals-Autographs-627

Shane

• Options
    PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 302 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2021 11:18PM

A few days ago there was a seller who had some nice vintage autographed cards of Cards. Amongst his items, he had a beautifully centered 1969 Lou Brock auto (link below, that card is hard to find centered), a 1971 Topps Greatest Moments Gibson auto and a 71 Greatest Moments Brock auto (the Brock auto on that card has to be super rare), and a Curt Flood (can't remember the year).
    69 Lou Brock: https://www.ebay.com/itm/154580185670?nma=true&si=X4CWiYd%2FOwbeM5NdHiv4FpLn59c%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

71 Greatest Moments Lou Brock: https://www.ebay.com/itm/154580173535?nma=true&si=X4CWiYd%2FOwbeM5NdHiv4FpLn59c%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

• Options

I watch his stuff. I bid on a 1969 Topps Curt Flood but got outbid. I already have a 1969 Brock. I only collect autos on basic Topps cards. I do, however, own a 1971 Topps Greatest Moments Brock, but it is not autographed. It resides in my Cardinals team set collection.

Shane

• Options

Back up in my post on February 1, 2021, I had received a TTM that I send out back in 2008. It was from Jim Hicks who had a 1969 Toppps rookie card with the Cardinals. I received it back after 12 years. It was unsigned. The sticker from a family member said he had passed away. He had passed away on October 29, 2020.

Recently I was able to snag one from Ebay. Here it is.

This totals 1,529.

Cardinals-Autographs-628

Shane

• Options

Up next....in honor of his 50 years in the Cardinals radio booth, I present to you Mike Shannon. Mr Shannon will call the final regular season game of his illustrious career. I grew up in the 1980s listening to Mike Shannon and Jack Buck every summer night. I have very fond memories of those two legends. I guess I have heard the voice of Mike Shannon probably more than any other human being outside of family and close friends.

Here is a 1965 Topps World Series Game 1 featuring Mr Shannon hitting a home run. He was 2-4 including the HR in that game.

This raises the total to 1,530.

Cardinals-Autographs-629

Shane

• Options

Up next is a 1970 Topps Vic Davilillo. He seems to be a little tougher to find than most. A couple of interesting tid bits.... He was the first left handed throwing outfielder in history to receive a Gold Glove Award. Also, he had 2 relief appearances as a pitcher for the Cardinals in 1969. He is one of 14 players in MLB history to have an infinite ERA due to not having retired any batters and he is the ONLY one in history to have pitched in more than 2 games. Just thought that was interesting.

This raises the total to 1,531.

Cardinals-Autographs-630

Shane

• Options

Next up is a 1968 Topps Lou Brock AS. This card is signed in black ink pen. We lost Mr Brock back in 2020. I have always heard he was a better man than a baseball player!

This one raises the total to 1,532.

Cardinals-Autographs-631

Shane

• Options

Up next is a 1965 Topps World Series Celebration signed by Charlie James. I am not 100% sure if he is pictured on this card. I know he was on the team. I wonder if someone could verify if he is pictured? I am open to replacing this card with a signature from a known pictured player. Anyway, it will do for now.

Total is 1,533.

Cardinals-Autographs-632

Shane

• Options

Up next is a star in the making. Tyler O'Neill went off in the second half of this year. Got this 2018 Topps Tyler O'Neill RC from an acquaintance near St Louis who got it in person (Derrick B.).

This raises the total to 1,534.

Cardinals-Autographs-633

Shane

• Options

Up next is a 1968 Topps RBI League Leaders signed by Orlando Cepeda.

Total now is 1,535.

Cardinals-Autographs-634

Shane

• Options

Going to be posting several in the coming days.

Up next is a 1977 Topps card of the newly enshrined Hall of Famer Ted Simmons. This one is an older signature.

This one raises the total to 1,536.

Cardinals-Autographs-635

Shane

• Options
    edited October 23, 2022 12:48PM

Here are 20 more.

I have been on a little bit of an autograph hunt lately. Here is a few more to add to the collection.

1977 Topps Joe Ferguson
    1978 Topps Rick Bosetti
    1981 Topps Pete Vuckovich (light signature, but tough one to get)
    1993 Topps Ray Lankford

1994 Topps Gerald Perry
    1994 Topps Bernard Gilkey
    1994 Topps Tom Urbani (mistaken duplicate found on 1/14/22; revised all counts going forward)
    1994 Topps Tripp Cromer

1995 Topps Bryan Eversgerd
    1995 Topps Tom Urbani
    1996 Topps Tripp Cromer
    1996 Topps Scott Cooper

1998 Topps Alan Benes
    1998 Topps Adam Kennedy
    1999 Topps Ray Lankford
    1999 Topps Eli Marrero

1999 Topps Traded Eric Davis (I don't like this one. The "E" looks wobbly. Came from reputable dealer though. Will look to replace)
    2000 Topps Eli Marrero
    2000 Topps Traded Chance Caple
    2002 Topps Traded Chris Narveson

Edited to say on 1/12/22 - I found out recently that the signature found on the 1998 Topps Adam Kennedy is a terrible qhost signature. I thought it looked really strange when I bought it but Adam Kennedy's signature has a tendency to be really inconsistent. I replaced this one in January 2022.

Edited to say on 1/12/22 - I stated above in the note about the 1999 Topps Traded Eric Davis that I wanted to replace this one. I was able to replace this one in January 2022.

These raise the total to 1,555.

Cardinals-Autographs-636

Cardinals-Autographs-637

Cardinals-Autographs-638

Cardinals-Autographs-639

Cardinals-Autographs-640

Shane

• Options
    edited January 14, 2022 3:16PM

Up next are 6 more really good ones, I think. I have a lot of catching up to do. I will be posting to this more frequently than normal in the coming days. I am sure some are tired of seeing this thread on the front page. Thank you to those that take a look from time to time. I said from the outset in 2007 that I would document this journey the best I could and I have tried to do that. It is very helpful for me sometimes to be able to look back and see how and when I got certain ones.

Also, I have started trying to get more TTM. I haven't had a successful TTM in over a decade (2010) until yesterday. I have sent off a few and I am super excited to get a couple back. Will post those when I get caught up.

Here are 6 additions for today.

1979 Topps Ted Simmons
    1980 Topps Ted Simmons
    1981 Topps Ted Simmons
    1980 Topps Keith Hernandez
    1982 Topps Keith Hernandez
    1990 Topps Traded Lee Smith

The total is now 1,561.

Cardinals-Autographs-641

Shane

• Options

Lee Arthur that's a nice looking card

Fred