Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Should ANA officers participate on these forums?

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 14, 2017 4:01PM in U.S. Coin Forum
Often times we hear that the ANA should be more collector focused.

Would it be beneficial to have at least one ANA officer that was a regular participant of these forums?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    That would be like jumping into a vat of hot grease at this point of their tenure.
  • Options
    dorancoinsdorancoins Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Often times we hear that the ANA should be more collector focused.

Would it be beneficial to have at least one ANA officer that was a regular participant of these forums? >>

Zoins, if I win, I don't plan to leave the forums. But what I am able to talk about will depend on the terms of the confidentiality agreement (which will be one of the first things to go if I get in!)
    DORAN COINS - On Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), & www.dorancoins.net - UPCOMING SHOWS (tentative dates)- 10/8/2023 - Fairfield, IL, 11/5/2023 - Urbana, IL., 12/3/2023 - Mattoon, IL.
  • Options
    At the rate the ANA is going right now, participating on these forums sounds like a sure way to get removed by the Board for communicating too much with the masses. Just ask Walt Ostremecki.
    IMHO
    Gary
    We are always better off than we deserve. image
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Another forum to ask questions and get into discussions online with them would be better. We don't need the governors on these boards.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    dorancoinsdorancoins Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Another forum to ask questions and get into discussions online with them would be better. We don't need the governors on these boards. >>

True Longacre, but I find these boards more fun. image
    DORAN COINS - On Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), & www.dorancoins.net - UPCOMING SHOWS (tentative dates)- 10/8/2023 - Fairfield, IL, 11/5/2023 - Urbana, IL., 12/3/2023 - Mattoon, IL.
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if there was someway to communicate with the board in a forum like environment! Maybe once a quarter or something like that. From their point of view I would think that it would help them stay in contact with the collectors that they represent.

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should start their own boards. Its ok to come here as a thread particpant, but no way should this place be turned into an ANA customer service [or lack thereof] forum.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Often times we hear that the ANA should be more collector focused.

Would it be beneficial to have at least one ANA officer that was a regular participant of these forums? >>

Zoins, if I win, I don't plan to leave the forums. But what I am able to talk about will depend on the terms of the confidentiality agreement (which will be one of the first things to go if I get in!) >>

Good to hear Michael. I look forward to your continued participation and the elimination of the confidentiality proposal. Good luck!
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    This forum is a bit to confrontational to expect ANA officers to actively participate. I have seen what has happened to good guy dealers over the years and I understand their reluctance to participate.

But I do believe it would be a real benefit for the ANA to have their own coin forums where all ANA officers and employees participated.
  • Options
    TrimeTrime Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭
    This is a forum where individuals participate. The concept of an organization participating is not really consistent with the spontaneously nature of the venue.
    That said, officers of the ANA can speak their personal views and educate us about ANA policies.
    Trime
  • Options
    they are here secretly right now! under generic names image
    lurking, listening....
  • Options
    pb2ypb2y Posts: 1,461
    Most dealers on this forum are ANA members. They are best known
    when making claims akin to mystical powers in coin grading ect ect.
    They are fakers flying on rugs and brooms sticks.
    Where is HOUDINI?

• Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    The ABILITY to provide a forum for COMMUNICATION between the ANA Board of Governors and the ANA membership exists today. It is at www.money.org (the ANA web site). Having them set-up a monthly on line chat session within their members only section would do a lot of good IMHO. Steveimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file