Home Sports Talk
Options

//

Comments

• Options
    That's crazy that ebay allows the sales of ammunition over the web. Pretty careless if you ask me, no background checks or anything just here ya go pay me and get the goods for such a dangerous item. I wonder if all of that will change because of this. It would be for the best.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    They were empty clips that were sold on ebay. I guess its really great to believe what is not real.

Too bad none of the students were allowed to protect themselves . The police or security sure didn't do it and have no obligation to either. 32 smart students murdered is better than letting them protect themselves, at least to some people, aaaaaa.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    I agree with everything you just said. It has been six days and it still seems unreal that it happened.
  • Options

<< <i>That's crazy that ebay allows the sales of ammunition over the web. Pretty careless if you ask me, no background checks or anything just here ya go pay me and get the goods for such a dangerous item. I wonder if all of that will change because of this. It would be for the best. >>

I think eBay will take a close look at this in my opinion. They HAVE to, after this tragedy.
  • Options

<< <i>They were empty clips that were sold on ebay. I guess its really great to believe what is not real. >>

You are right, eBay doesn't sell ammo, just empty clips...
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I realize to some people the facts never matter. This killer bought empty clips , NOT bullets, NOT ammo. If he had bought empty boxes from walmart to carry his bullets, I guess would be the same.

Please actually read the news.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Calaban sorry I'm 16 I don't watch CNN all day. I'm not saying I never watch but just not every minute every day. Ok I understand he bought empty clips, thanks for pointing it out.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    so is this now Ebay's fault or something?
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the killer bought toilet paper at Wal-Mart, burgers at Wendy's, and chewing gum at 7-11. Story at 11.

Please stick to the facts, not made-up stuff. And WTF doe sthis have to do with sports?
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    NONE of it is EBAY's "fault."

But, the guns/ammo prohibition in the EBAY TOS
    will now probably be extended to most accessories.
    That is fine with me; legit buyers can go to a retail
    shop and buy whatever they want --- at least the
    clerks will have a chance to eyeball those buyers.

MANY folks have tons of stuff they would like to list
    on EBAY --- stuff that would pass the TOS. They do
    not list these items because they do not want to
    contribute to the irresponsible distribution of items
    that MIGHT be used for illegal purposes.

Lots of "IFs" in this fiasco.

IF the authorities had been required to list the psycho
    as a psycho in the data-base used for purchase OKs,
    the psycho would have had to obtain his weapons
    illegally. Maybe, he would have been unable to do so.

IF the profs had been trained/armed, the psycho would
    have killed fewer students.

IF the campus had been locked-down after the first shootings,
    the last shootings would not have gone down.

Too many more IFs to contemplate.

The lesson is from the ref's final instruction:

Protect Yourself At All Times

.....nobody else can/will do it for you.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.