Home Metal Detecting
Options

I seldom do this and I know it is not the place...

but the 1794 Half Cent I found last year is up for auction on eBay , as well as a lot of my other Half Cents. The biggest reason I am listing it here is to let you see the pic. It turned out great. If there are any problems with my listing it here, let me know and I will remove this post....image

Comments

• Options
    You should remove this post immediately and mail me the coin to remove all evidence of you ever having had it in your posession and posting it here.

PM for my addy please image

• Options
    WOW!!That is a really sweet looking coin.

HH,Tom
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    To bolster the expectations of the rest of , can you tell us what you hope to realize in the auction? $$$$
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options

<< <i>To bolster the expectations of the rest of , can you tell us what you hope to realize in the auction? $$$$ >>

Actually, I hope to get around $300-$400 for it. The opening bid right after I put it on eBay was $123.00, so it looks promising. It has a great DATE and that will help it , I hope.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a very nice find. If I found a coin like that if would be real hard for me to part with it. I don't want to cash in the pocket change that I have found for 10 years.
  • Options
    I have never really sold any valuable coins I have found.....I did sell 9 pounds of wheat cents I found detecting, but none were great keepers. I am opening a business, and my collecting strategy will be going a different direction.....I hate to part with it, but I have other finds I value more.
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    It looks circulatedimage
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    Rats......I was hoping to sneak it in as proof like...LOL
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Rats......I was hoping to sneak it in as proof like...LOL >>

That is funny.
    Al
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice find.... Cheers, RickO