Home Metal Detecting

Major storm coming = beach erosion...

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
according to Accuweather.com this storm making its way to the east coast will cause "major beach erosion" which I hear is the best time to go to the beaches (after the storm of course, not during it). it is supposed to go through Sunday night into Monday in New England... My question is, will Wednesday be too late to hit the beach (the first day I can get off)? Will it be "hunted out"? Or will there still be finds to be had? I'm about 2 1/2 hours from the beach so I want to make sure it could be worthwhile!

Accuweather Link

Comments

• You just never know...The next tide can resand the beach. Sorry about that.
    Try to find a "beach cam" and keep an eye on it. Two and a half hours to get to the beach...you might make a plan B if the beach don't work out. Hit an old camp ground or picknick area. An old school or ??

Good Luck

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You just never know...The next tide can resand the beach. Sorry about that.
    Try to find a "beach cam" and keep an eye on it. Two and a half hours to get to the beach...you might make a plan B if the beach don't work out. Hit an old camp ground or picknick area. An old school or ??

Good Luck

Jerry >>

I'd like to, but there are still a couple of inches of snow on the ground over here and I'm not too familiar with the beach area of the state, unfortunately!
  • laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    What state? I cannot imagine any beach being hit so hard in a day or two to not make it worthwhile to go.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    New Hampshire
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go for it.. but pick your beach carefully... a popular one during the 'season'.. and hit it at low tide... Cheers, RickO