Home Metal Detecting
Options

Whats it worth?

bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
This is an old post now but i may want to try to sell this, does anyone have a clue what it may be worth, its from 1966 i believe and as you can see its in great condition, and I have all the original papers for it. Any help would be great.

Jim

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THE BATTERYS COMBINED ARE NOW $60 FOR THIS THANG AND I CANT AFFORD THEM. NOT SURE WHAT ITS WORTH IF ANYTHING AT ALL. ITS MINT BASICALLY.

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

Comments

• Options
    Man you mean your going to torture usimage

Well I'll guess it's a gold coin or a morgan dollar??
    HH,Tom
  • Options
    You're killin me. image

CC Morgan? Gold coin? Jimmy Hoffa?

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
  • Options
    This is bull crap.
  • Options
    Im leaving work right now, so the pics will be posted of what i got today...... image

Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    well, we're waiting!
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Come and see it!!!

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first true detector looked like that, with the metal box and all. image

It wasn't a Goldmaster, but a White's TR-Discriminator that I bought back in 1981.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Man, that handle does not look comfy at all! I don't see many 4 or 5 hour outings with that thing.
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Any info why the screws are out of the box?

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    cool!
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the find? The detector? Perhaps I am missing something here... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Yes the find was the original Whites Gold Master from the 60's in almost mint condition still.

• Options
    Hmm...We were all taken for a ride.

I guess that might be "eligible" to enter in the Wild Card category.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what this might be worth? And does anyone know where id be able to get batteries for it, it takes a 67 1/2 volt and a 1 1/2 volt, the 9 volt i can get.

• Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    67.5 volt? Good grief!

However, if you want to try it out using current commonly available batteries, I'm sure 7 x 9v (=63V) in series would be suffient, probably also 6 X 9v
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    The 67.5 you havelinked is actuallythe wrong one, the power ports are further apart. I did find a web site that has it and the 1.5 volt i need as well, thanks you for looking and helping though.

Linkage

Thanks,
    Jim

• Options
    Whoa! That's gonna be some weight to haul around!
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Whoa! That's gonna be some weight to haul around! >>

Yup ---

And probably NOT worth it in terms of sensitivity.

those old TR machines were a bit like holding a cup to your ear, bending over so that the cup was just at the surface of the lake, and dropping a rock into the lake and trying to "hear" the rock hit bottom, and guess how deep it was.....

as compared to a modern fish finder....
    I will never expect or accept any less from a President than what he should do to make America the country it can be and should be.

Never tolerate spin-doctoring and lies told to the people in the name of 'security' from the elected officials.
  • Options
    Please refer back to first post>>>>>