Home Metal Detecting
Options

The snow in Maine...

...is still falling!! wahhhhhhh At this rate, we won't be dectecting until June image
Be Still and Know

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maine has three seasons - Juyly, August and Winter... (I used to live there)... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    "The snow in Maine falls mainly on the plains." Or is that "pines"???image

It's still falling here in Michigan too in case that makes you feel any better.
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    The real Maine seasons are snow, mud, tourists and back to snow again. image

Omega, where in Michigan? My ex-in-laws live in East Jordan. Great area and great people!

Rick, where did you live in Maine?
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    We live in Grand Rapids but have a cabin in the U.P.
    That is not the opposite of down, it is the "Upper Peninsula".
    We heard a song up there describing the weather as "eleven months of Winter and thirty days of rain."
    I personally think it is more accurate to describe which bug season it is rather than mess with the supposed "four" seasons!
    Friends of ours lived on Lake Charlevioux until very recently so I have been to East Jordan a time or two.
    My brother used to live in Brunswick Maine back in the 80's.
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    I think you've got a few more days of it ahead as well image Its in the forecast here (northern NY) right up to Sunday/Monday, a good nor-easter
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    3" of wet slush last night and snowing right now though it be slushy and won't amount to anything .
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    Interesting seasons there Mary. I'd always heard there was a short spring-summer-fall in Maine. Usually runs for 3 weeks. We have two in the Antelope Valley. Really cold and really hot. Oh I forgot. We have an annual wind festival too. Jaunary 1 to December 31. Right Danny?

G.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    hey mary....after the storm passes it may be a great time for a walk on the beach....finds of a lifetime may be waiting for you...good luck ...hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    In Wisconsin we have four seasons

Summer,Early Winter, Winter,Late Winter
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    I heard it's that way in Minnesota too.

G.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255

<< <i>In Wisconsin we have four seasons

Summer,Early Winter, Winter,Late Winter >>

You're lucky, we get 11 months of winter and 30 days of very chilly weather.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marym.. I lived in Biddeford/Saco area... mid 60's.... worked in the Pepperell mills and the Navy yard. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Nevermind the snow in Maine, let's talk instead about the wind & rain. It began on Sunday morning with drizzle and light northeasterly breezes. Within a matter of two hours it turned to torrential downpours and winds gusting to 60 mph and above. Monday monring, 7:00 a.m. as I'm leaving my house, the power went out. Three days and nine hours later, it came back. I have electricity and heat, but still no water. I live on a farm with three wells, three seperate pumps, all of which are dead. Hauling water from a small pond is getting old...But the cows,goats and horse don't seem to be getting the hang of drinking bottled water. image
    Be Still and Know