Home Metal Detecting
Options

Finds from this weekend...

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
Broke out the detector on my trip to N.J.

At first I thought this was silver, but it's at most likely silver plated, maybe pewter? At the top I see "Aries," but the "symbol" depicted below is not the "ram" in the typical sense... Can anyone make out what it really is???

Indian Cent... 100 years by the water's edge made it dateless! (I wet it a little bit to bring out the little detail is has)

Other than this, about 1 pound of lead fishing sinkers and dollar or two in change... It's a start!

Comments

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Cool finds, looks like someone is getting some...no idea with what? Might just be my eyes/mind.
  • Options
    A deferent kind of "Ram" 8-|

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I know what will win April's "Wildcard". Did I actually say that? Ooops image
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say, on another topic entirely and completely off the subject, I really like that circ early goldie in your avatar. Yours?

I've never had any pre-1834 US gold, for obvious reasons. But maybe I'll dig some one day. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Say, on another topic entirely and completely off the subject, I really like that circ early goldie in your avatar. Yours?

I've never had any pre-1834 US gold, for obvious reasons. But maybe I'll dig some one day. image >>

Thanks! Yes, it is mine. I got it from a Superior auction sometime last year. It's in an OGH PCGS VF20 holder. It still has a good bit of luster! Usually they're in higher grades so I had to jump when I saw the lower grade.

I'm not holding my breath unearthing one with my detector!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that first one is part of the 'sexual astrological' series... they have one for each sign... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe that first one is part of the 'sexual astrological' series... they have one for each sign... Cheers, RickO >>

If it wasnt for the word Aries I would have guessed the big dipper. image