Home Metal Detecting

Silver dimes and Playboy bunnies

Interesting day today. I was at the Tuscaloosa News (my former employer for which I am working on a project currently in my free time) and asked one of the editors who owns old property if I could detect around it today. This is an old lodge that Steven (Silver Dreams) and I have snooped around before. Tommy (the editor) said he didn't mind, but added the qualifier that I shouldn't come over Thursday or Friday. It turns out that the photographers who are in town to shoot the Girls of the SEC special for Playboy are going to use his log cabin for some of the photo shoots.

So after leaving work I headed to the cabin and long story short I found my first silver coin finally. It was a 1943 Mercury literally less than an inch under the ground. No scan yet as we are having printer problems. I'll add it later.
Who lusts for silver? I lust for gold.

Comments

• laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    Where is this cabin? I have thursday and friday off image
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • I would definitely make a point of showing up on one of those days! You could always say you forgot which days he told you not to go. image

Girls of the SEC = Girls of the Securities Exchange Commission? Interesting. I may have to pick up that issue... for the articles, of course. image

Bob
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a map? I have time on Thursday and Friday... imageimage Cheers, RickO
  • Time or not... im there... address please?
  • Congrats on your first silver!!

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage