Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Is it just me, or does something not seem right with this seller??

Maybe I'm all wet, eh?

But, Monster gem French gold with no bidding activity....and Terner gold to boot.

And, it looks like 3-day auctions and 'private bidding'.

Comments

• Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Something stinks image
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    And a feedback of 3, all given by Chinese sellers on items that he recently bought. Frankly Mac, I think that you're over reacting a little. image

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I wrote it , then edited it because I wanted to verify it first. This 1812-A 40 francs Terner PCGS MS62 belongs to one of our forum members, and if memory serves, it's a relatively new acquisition:

From silvereagle's signature set across the street.

The entire set.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I hate to seem a little thick, but there you have it.... Does this mean that the seller hijacked the picture and will ship a fake?
  • Options
    He won't ship anything at all. But in this case, I think that only the real owner of the item is allowed to report this to ebay,so I hope that silvereagle will see this thread on time.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems too good to be true image, but the guy (?) really pulled together a fairly interesting set of related coins that easily could be from a single collection getting dispersed. Not to mention that a couple of these aren't exactly commodity-types (I can't say I've seen very many matte proof 20 Francs for sale lately--just two or three actually). Too bad, that pattern is kind of cool (who can resist the old bird-on-the-head theme??).

Thanks Dimitri for the confirmation. I'm pretty sure that to report someone using your photo only the 'real' owner of the photo can report. But, as an interested ebay community member I can report for all sorts of things:
    reporting link

Maybe it's time for us to get creative...fraud, fee avoidance, fraud, paypal fraud, etc. Does someone know Silvereagle well enough to confirm he hasn't suddenly decided to consign his collection to this experienced seller imageimageimage?

• Options
    Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe it's time for us to get creative...fraud, fee avoidance, fraud, paypal fraud, etc. Does someone know Silvereagle well enough to confirm he hasn't suddenly decided to consign his collection to this experienced seller imageimageimage? >>

No..... Nothing for sell or consignment from me !!!!!

I have reported this fraud to ebay.

Makes you wonder how often this really happens? I will be going to the bank this morning and making sure the coin is still in the vault image

Thanks to everyone for being so vigilant !!!
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Pure luck as I happened to be checking PCGS slabs in the /Europe category.

These guys need a little dose of the Singaporean cane treatment.image
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all item need $5.00(only papermoney)
    Because the coin is heavy,so it shipping fees will high

Sounds like French?

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    I imagine that this happens far more than people think and will only get worse in time.
    On another note I've been checking old emails and have found to my pleasure that
    I have won close to a billion quid in sweepstakes money!!! Lucky me eh? Bwahahahahaha!
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meet my friends in Nigeria.
    I ask them for pictures and they send me some!

Click here for pictures of Nigerian scammers

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    I got scammed earlier in the year on ebay for which I'm pursuing the seller legally after winning the claim with paypal. A few weeks later the same seller, still a member put up about a dozen auctions most for multiple imet like xboxes etc and all sorts of desirable stuff. I reported him to ebay who did jack and let all the auctions run, scammed thousands and didn't NRU him until the negs started pouring in.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the pictures are gone, at least when I looked from work. I 'reported' the auction but it's still running with 4 hrs or so left to go. Oh well. Once the auction is over you can see the winner, maybe an anonymous link to this thread will make it there before the buyer actually pays.

• Options

<< <i>Well, the pictures are gone, at least when I looked from work. I 'reported' the auction but it's still running with 4 hrs or so left to go. Oh well. Once the auction is over you can see the winner, maybe an anonymous link to this thread will make it there before the buyer actually pays. >>

It doesn't help with ebay trying to prevent contact outside of auction though.image
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    I just clicked the link to look at the stuff for myself and nyoonkim357 IS NO LONGER A REGISTERED USER... Maybe the thread and complaints had something to do with it. Great job to everyone.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    Just checked his completed auctions, he had a bunch of bank notes close on the 26th.

Good work guys!!!!!image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Now if we can just figure out why StaplesCoin is still NARUed....

Unusually swift action for ebay btw, what's up with that??

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Nice catch, Mac.

I love a good ending. image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.