Home U.S. Coin Forum

Money orders from Albertsons.......

I've just been thru hell because of this company! After dealing w/a local store of this chain, I've been on the phone w/t regional C.S. to file a complaint due to the way they deal with thier own M.O.'s........just not worth the hassle!

And to keep it on topic, the money order was for a coin purchased from me.

BOYCOTT ALBERTSON/OSCO!!
Monday April 10, 2006 9:04 AM

SM1 calls me a troublemaker....image

--------------------------------------------
Sunday August 19, 2007 9:17AM

A mentor awarded " YOU SUCK!!"

Comments

• SciotoScioto Posts: 955
    Next time use a USPS Postal Money Order.
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!

• <<Next time use a USPS Postal Money Order. >>

I didn't use an Albertsons M.O. , I ACCEPTED one for the coin. image

• SciotoScioto Posts: 955
    Then next time insist on payment with a USPS Postal Money Order. No Un-Brands! image

Albertson's? image
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    What was the problem?
  • HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What was the problem? >>

Give us the dish on this?
  • Can you not specify what kind of money order like USPS money order on Ebay?
    Retired U.S. Army Paratrooper 1977- 1992 Served Proudly. 100% DAV
    All The Way - And Then Some
    I collect Modern Commemoratives
    and anything Franklin.

• The store policy which apparently the store customer service was not aware of , is that the store does NOT accept or cash thier own money orders......WTF!!

After making a couple of calls to H.Q and then to the store manager, I was just informed of this info.image

• <<Can you not specify what kind of money order like USPS money order on Ebay? >>

This was by private treaty....

• << <i>The store policy which apparently the store customer service was not aware of , is that the store does NOT accept or cash thier own money orders......WTF!!

After making a couple of calls to H.Q and then to the store manager, I was just informed of this info.image >>

What is the point of that?

On that note, I can issue $1MM worth of DEM money orders that I will not accept as payment or cash. Any takers?
  • StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wal-Mart money orders are the same way - you can only cash them at the store it was bought from. You think you had a tough time with Albertsons, check this story:

Albertsons Money Order Complaint

I quit trying to cash them and just deposit them and wait for them to clear at my bank. If they aren't USPS or a bank money order, they are pretty much about the same as a personal check now adays if they're store brand.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101

• StrikeOutXXX........that complaint is on target for what ALBERTSONs locally is about. What a bunch of idiots!!

I just signed the m.o. and had the wife deposit it at our bank while running some errands...that store has lost a customer and hopefully anyone reading this will avoid this hassle.

BOYCOTT ALBERTSON/OSCO!!image

• BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    ANOTHER Money Order to avoid is "Western Union" !!

(If) you ever have to file a non-delivery or request a refund from W.U. they charge $12 for that service. grrr

Learned my lesson & now ONLY use USPS money orders....
  • ILikeMercsILikeMercs Posts: 1,392

<< <i>StrikeOutXXX........that complaint is on target for what ALBERTSONs locally is about. What a bunch of idiots!!

I just signed the m.o. and had the wife deposit it at our bank while running some errands...that store has lost a customer and hopefully anyone reading this will avoid this hassle.

BOYCOTT ALBERTSON/OSCO!!image >>

for you Chicagoans, Albertsons own Jewel Food stores.
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • John91CJohn91C Posts: 300 ✭✭
    Well around my neighborhood the Albertson's closed...Parker, CO which is about 30 mins east of where that story.

John

Are western union MO the same? Can you cash them at any Western Union?
  • eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Hated albertson's when I was in SJ and never used them since moving here to Elizabeth,CO
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Just so you will know, most banks will not cash their own money orders either unless you have an account at that bank. Our Money orders are from Intergrated Systems so they are the ones who the money orders are from and if one is lost or stolen you have to pay $8.00 to get them replaced and it is not imediate. It is however cheaper than a stop payment if you loss a check in the mail or some other way. I would say a Postal Money Order is the best if you are purchasing or selling a coin or maybe even have the money wired to you account. You are certain it is there when it shows up in your account. All I can say is you just have to wait and not send a coin until you are sure you have the money in your hot little hands!
  • i have yet to experience a problem with any brand of money order, maybe ive been lucky, but then i just deposit them at my bank and go about my life.
  • You can buy a cash request at any Albertson's area by going to the client support counter, rounding out the vital fields (payee, buyer data, and so on) and paying the charge. Despite the fact that the store will sell cash orders at specific areas, Albertsons doesn't money them. While there is no particular notice of this arrangement on it. I purchased a 40.00 cash request at Albertsons. I returned it to restore it and get my cash back. Simply get in line and request a cash request and reveal to them the sum you need it for. Most stores charge somewhere in the range of .19 and .99 pennies for them, however you can discover places where you can get them for nothing in case you're liquidating your check.

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is 13 years old. Why resurrect it?

• ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

@BryceM said:

Why not lol. Looks like fun.
    I got behind 2 dude's buying money orders yesterday a my Albertson's. I wanted to check the Coinstar but didn't want to lose my place in line. All I wanted was a pack of smokes lol

• RarityRarity Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭

Wow what a hassle. Thanks for the info.
    About 10 years ago, I sold some coins worth $850 to a guy in FL. The buyer mailed me his bank cashier's check but the check never arrived. After checking the address I provided him, I found out that I made an error in my mailing zip code (swapping 2 digits). Since it was my error, the guy asked me to send him my coins and I did. We kept in touch while I tried to track down his letter with USPS but not successful. A long time went by and he finally got his cashier's check returned to him but he could not resend to me because he already canceled the check thinking it was lost in the mail. In the end, I received my payment after months of waiting :smile:

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I am missing something. If the seller accepted a MO from a store why would they expect the store to turn around and give them cash for the MO? If the store was willing to do that why wouldn't they just have paid cash for the coin in the first place? :/

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@walkyle .... Welcome aboard....Cheers, RickO

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who uses a money order today?

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hiyosilver said:
    The store policy which apparently the store customer service was not aware of , is that the store does NOT accept or cash thier own money orders......WTF!!

After making a couple of calls to H.Q and then to the store manager, I was just informed of this info.

FWIW the state of Wyoming will NOT ACCEPT their own warrants as payment for a hunting license.

Why not just deposit it at your bank tho I have heard that some banks won't accept USPS MOs either.

theknowitalltroll;
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just had a customer mail a USPS MO to a PO Box at my local post office.

I do not have a post office box :o

I had to convince the postal supervisor to give me the Money Order mailed to a PO Box which is not mine, which he did :o:o:o

• vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommy44 said:

@skier07 said:

Lots of "unbanked" people standing in line in front of me at the post office around the 1st of the month because they don't want to mail cash to their landlord or the cable company. You would be surprised how many people in this country do not have bank accounts.

It's expensive to be poor!

Vplite99
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:

I'm a fan of USPS Money Orders.

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good bleep, I hope they never do away with cash.

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2020 6:30PM

@thisistheshow said:

@skier07 said:

I'm a fan of USPS Money Orders.

+1

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck

@walkyle said:
    You can buy a cash request at any Albertson's area by going to the client support counter, rounding out the vital fields (payee, buyer data, and so on) and paying the charge. Despite the fact that the store will sell cash orders at specific areas, Albertsons doesn't money them. While there is no particular notice of this arrangement on it. I purchased a 40.00 cash request at Albertsons. I returned it to restore it and get my cash back. Simply get in line and request a cash request and reveal to them the sum you need it for. Most stores charge somewhere in the range of .19 and .99 pennies for them, however you can discover places where you can get them for nothing in case you're liquidating your check.

@walkyle said:

@BryceM said:

Well, my friend, I know but many people just search for it and so I'm here to share what I have...

Is this spam? Or a bot?

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@walkyle said:
    You can buy a cash request at any Albertson's area by going to the client support counter, rounding out the vital fields (payee, buyer data, and so on) and paying the charge. Despite the fact that the store will sell cash orders at specific areas, Albertsons doesn't money them. While there is no particular notice of this arrangement on it. I purchased a 40.00 cash request at Albertsons. I returned it to restore it and get my cash back. Simply get in line and request a cash request and reveal to them the sum you need it for. Most stores charge somewhere in the range of .19 and .99 pennies for them, however you can discover places where you can get them for nothing in case you're liquidating your check.

@walkyle said:

@BryceM said:

Well, my friend, I know but many people just search for it and so I'm here to share what I have...

Is this spam? Or a bot?

Or Glicker. He was the "champ" at resurrecting old threads.

@hammer1 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@walkyle said:

@walkyle said:

@BryceM said:

Is this spam? Or a bot?

@hammer1 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@walkyle said:

@walkyle said:

@BryceM said:

Is this spam? Or a bot?

How about the signature line?

Direct 2hr dot net

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2020 8:42PM

@thisistheshow said:

@walkyle said:

@walkyle said:

@BryceM said:

Is this spam? Or a bot?

Very good question.> @thisistheshow said:

@hammer1 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@walkyle said:

@walkyle said:

@BryceM said:

Is this spam? Or a bot?

Direct 2hr dot net

I didn't click on the link but I did Google the url and it is "Albertsons online automated HR service system."

The odd wording of the OP's comments tells me it is either an automated AI response, or an offshore contractor surfing the web to try to counter negative comments about the client company.

edited December 5, 2020 9:06PM

@JBK said:

@thisistheshow said:

@walkyle said:

@walkyle said:

@BryceM said:

Is this spam? Or a bot?

Very good question.> @thisistheshow said:

@hammer1 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@walkyle said:

@walkyle said:

@BryceM said:

Is this spam? Or a bot?

Direct 2hr dot net

I didn't click on the link but I did Google the url and it is "Albertsons online automated HR service system."

The odd wording of the OP's comments tells me it is either an automated AI response, or an offshore contractor surfing the web to try to counter negative comments about the client company.

Exactly.

In which case there is all sorts of ways the conversation can go. Why and how is it here? How omnipresent is it? I actually am aware of such things and look for them. Many people don't.

Edit to add: I just did something I've never done. I flagged it.

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Meanwhile back at the ranch!
    This could be PMD I’m not sure but I found most of it rattling around in the sink disposal today.

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was reading this thread about albertsons, thinking the one in my area has been closed for years, then realized somebody revisited this thread!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file