Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question on 1973 Team Blue checklists

I know the 1973 Blue team checklists are hard to find in good shape, but what kind of value do they have in PSA 6 and 7. I have a Giants and a Padres listed on Ebay. I have 18 people watching the Giants card and 13 watching the Padres after 24 hours. I have received 2 offers asking me to end the auction early and sell to them. One was for $28 for both and the other was for $18 for the PSA 7 Giants. I only paid $5.00 for the pair.

Any help on the value would be great.
Scott

Comments

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    sorry , I was listing the blue opc ones. i didn't even realize the topps were scarce . I have a few from a couple packs I opened that I will dig out to get graded. they were high # packs so I guess that goes along with the story or why they are so scarce that they were only in the high #'s
  • Options
    For some strange reason, there seems to be lots of OPC checklists around. My friend believes that the topps sets were availible through mail order. I know about the late series packs.
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Scott,

The 73 Blue checklists are very scarce in any condition. Not only were they only found in the last series, they were only in certain regions. I grew up in Dallas and opened many last series packs, but never received a single blue checklist. (I think this was a test case for the following years 1974 green team checklists.) I also heard that you could get them mail order, but I was too interested in the Cowboys by that time of the year.

A quick look at the pop report gives a clue to the interest level in your two auctions:

67 total slabbed, (0) PSA 10, (0) PSA 9, (1) 9Qs, (7) 8s, (30) 7s, (19) 6s, (7) 5s, (2) 3-4s

I have bought 155 raw blue checklists in the last two years and sent the best (9) cards of the lot into PSA.
    The outcome: (8) PSA 6s, and (1) PSA 5. These are very tough indeed!

Let the auctions ride, and enjoy the windfall!

Edited to Add: I opened the bidding at $0.99. Let's see how I long I last!

MichaelG
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Scott,

The 24 team set of raw '73 checklists sold tonight for $103.76. You should know the full value of your graded cards when they close on Monday!

Cheers,
    Michael
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports