Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

THE INFAMOUS JGARCI11 LOVER POST

----------------------------------------END OF THREAD------------------------------

Comments

• Options
    This should be the post where I display my PSA Mcgwire cards!
    Like this one!! 1 of 30 made!!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    you should strive to find all 30! Then you could really corner the market!!! Then you just need to find buyers...and without him getting into the hall, looks like you have some time to buy the rest.......CHEAP!!! CONGRATS imageimage
  • Options
    I agree, the longer he's out the cheaper they are. 29 more to go!!
  • Options
    Why dont we post what "better" Mcgwire stuff we have then the "MAn Crushed" Jgarci11. I hope you likey, I scanned them just for you

these 2 prolly worth as much as your "mini refractors and PSA 10

oh and these I had had sitting for a while. Hey guys I think I "cornered" the market on 1987 topps racks with (little) Big Mack showing, got another 50 or so YIPPEE

It's perfectly fine if you soiled your underoos image
  • Options
    hmm, lets see! Rack packs. Wow I am so impressed!
  • Options
    OOOOH, you wanna duel!! I love it!!!
    Pure Mcgwire Mania!! JAy your next, k!!
    AND!!
    and
  • Options
    SMR

1985 topps Tiffany mcgwire ps 9 $180
    1985 topps mvgwire PSA 10 $450

Looks like you can "drool" over this "duel"
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh! Me next! Me next!

Poor little guy, only got 23.5% of the vote... image
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    Now that last post is funny. image I can see it now: PSA 7 BN qualifier (BN=Burn).
  • Options
    Yes, burn cards. DO it for me guys. In fact burn any 1985 tiffany Mcgwires in my honor!! DO it. Hey while you're at it, Why don't you cheapos burn your Common 1981 Dorusses and common 1950's Red Menace cards while your at it! Do it in protest of me!!
    Burn all modern cards in fact!!

Since I love the modern stuff and Despise the oldy and Moldy stuff, burn any common Score or Donruss or Stadium Club you have around!!

Just do it!!

Just burn things like Hitler did, to make a political point that you are prejudice against Modern Card issues.

See, this is why we need a seperate board for Modern card collectors.

This way I won't bug you guys that troll around ebay all day looking for $10.00 1950's Topps card auctions containing pictures that have obviously been photoshopped.

Give me a seperate board and I won't bug you older card collectors at all.

Of course, I may pop into the Registry board from time to time!!

Now for the Ripken collector, why are you jumping in on this argument.

You struggle against Modern card insert prejudice just as much as I do.

Aren't these guys no help to you in finding the Limited late '90's inserts?

That guy that collects Will Clark is dying for some help with these Late '90's issues as well.

We need to be divided because this Umbrella Sports card collector forum is just showing us to be prejudiced and mean spirited people.

Do you hear me PSA, Do something about splitting up the Boards!! PLEASE.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I actually think this board got a lot more entertaining since jgarci11 started coming around. It started to suck for a while but it's been good reading lately.
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭

<< <i>Yes, burn cards. DO it for me guys. In fact burn any 1985 tiffany Mcgwires in my honor!! DO it. Hey while you're at it, Why don't you cheapos burn your Common 1981 Dorusses and common 1950's Red Menace cards while your at it! Do it in protest of me!!

Since I love the modern stuff and Despise the oldy and Moldy stuff, burn any common Score or Donruss or Stadium Club you have around!!

Just do it!!

Just burn things like Hitler did, to make a political point that you are prejudice against Modern Card issues.

jgarci11- did you ever hear of Godwin's Law??

Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies) is a mainstay of Internet culture, an adage formulated by Mike Godwin in 1990. The law states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

There is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever debate was in progress. This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's Law.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yes, burn cards. DO it for me guys. In fact burn any 1985 tiffany Mcgwires in my honor!! DO it. Hey while you're at it, Why don't you cheapos burn your Common 1981 Dorusses and common 1950's Red Menace cards while your at it! Do it in protest of me!!

Just do it!!

Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies) is a mainstay of Internet culture, an adage formulated by Mike Godwin in 1990. The law states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

There is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever debate was in progress. This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's Law. >>

This only supports my theory from the othe thread
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

Just do it!!

There is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever debate was in progress. This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's Law. >>

This only supports my theory from the other thread
  • Options
    Why don't you cheapos burn your ... common 1950's Red Menace cards while your at it
    1951 Bowman red menace cards from most recent pop report

CARD NO NAME VARIETY 1-2 3-4 5 6 7 7Q 8 8Q 9 9Q TOTAL
    Total: 10 88 161 258 211 3 208 22 8 2 987 total

There has only been 987 TOTAL red menace cards graded to date

Total ONLY 8's, 9's, and 10's of your beloved tiffany Mcgwire
    Psa 8's 571 PSA 9's 407 PSa 10's 26

So a total of 1004 1985 topps Tiffany (little) Big Mac's NM-MT and above graded, compared to the whole "common" 51 red menace set having just 987 graded??? Step up, just to get beat back down image
  • Options
    Don't get your panties in a bunch, Scumbag RepublicanAss.
    I was just using the crap you buy on ebay as an example of the cheap crap alot of collectors here like to buy...And grade.LOL!!

Oh, does that mean I stalked you?

Just returning the 'F'-ing favor, Turd wad!!
  • Options
    Who is JGARCI?
    My Topps Heritage site.
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭

<< <i>Who is JGARCI? >>

i figured she is doctor daddy's girlfriend. not sure though.
  • Options
    It's actually MARK MCGWIRE!!! He is trying to corner the market on himself!
  • Options
    he is a crazy mcgwire collector who is trying to author EVERY THREAD ON THE BOARD

soon they will call this the jgarci message boards, or thats what he hopes....
  • Options
    don't forget I want my own modern card board se we can talk about Mcgwire and Pujols cards with other dedicated Mcgwire and Pujols collectors until we're blue in the face!

um, yeah..don't forget to mention it, fandango.

Can you mention it to PSA, too, while you're at it?!

Mention it to what's her face..Cosetta, Constella, Cosandra..You know who. She seems to get things done over in PSA!!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>don't forget I want my own modern card board se we can talk about Mcgwire and Pujols cards with other dedicated Mcgwire and Pujols collectors until we're blue in the face!! >>

I believe beckett dot com would be the perfect place for you.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    And why not here at PSA?

is it because too many collectors here are prejudiced against and ignorant of the complexly diverse modern cards issues.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And why not here at PSA?

is it because too many collectors here are prejudiced against and ignorant of the complexly diverse modern cards issues. >>

You know the enviornment here. If you don't like it, stop complaining or go somewhere else.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>
    I was just using the crap you buy on ebay as an example of the cheap crap alot of collectors here like to buy...And grade.LOL!!

Oh, does that mean I stalked you?
    >>

I never said what you buy is crap, in fact I actually posted two cards, very nice examples if I may add, of 1 card you are missing from your master set (don jennings) and PSA 10 1985 topps which is "better than the 8 which you currently have and 3X smr of a Tiffany 9. Sad thing is a PAID 700$ for it back in the day! As far as Stalking me, it must be really tough since I HAVE A LINK DIRECTLY TO MY EBAY AUCTIONS. You are a true genius! I just happened to come across MORE of your foolishness on the "2pac" forums nacho-breath
  • Options
    38 refractors and counting!
  • Options
    Hey seriously folks, his cards still have some worth, don't they???I have all the chrome HR cards 1 to 70 that I collected the late 90's. I have a whole album of his cards all PSA graded from 1984 to his last year. I know they have dropped in value but he was the one that got me back into collecting. That year he and Sosa batted for the HR title was exciting baseball. Remember he won the HR title as a rookie with 49 and I don"t think he was using the juice then. Mantle is still the man for me, but for a brief shinning moment there was Big Mac.image
  • Options
    I doubt half the vintage collectors in here even watch baseball anymore and wish they could still suck the hinde teet of Mickey Mantle (peace be upon him) and look like their idol Don Mossi ! Theres nothing wrong with modern or McGwires pimply arse.
    Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    McGwire...Am I wasting my time chasing McGwire PSA's???

Seriously, very few threads come up about McGwire PSA's...I know most of the collectors on the "Bay", but I have read very few threads on the PSA boards.

I am the #1 McGwire Master Set Guy. 1,212 PSA Graded Regsitered McGwire's and counting. That doesn't include another dozen or so that I am waiting to be added or too few exist that they won't add.

jgarci11 or anyone else on this thread, LET'S TRADE!! I have a couple of pretty rare doubles and am always looking!!

Thanks for the post!!!
    Mike
  • Options
    Trade, hmmm, I do have some refractors.. not many (sic)

Does anyone have the 1996 Liberty Sports Mcgwire?

Jay picked up a SUUUUUPER rare mcgwire on March 1st.

It's some hokie Viewer thing, but it does have a card.

Man, you REALLY lucked out there Jay!

In addition, we have seen a Thousand Plus graded card Player sets go largely ignored just so that some pathetic plain 40's-ish Weinee card issue could hog up the spotlight.

We have faced the Upper Deck era, Refractor Era, and 1 of 1 era head on, while many people on this board hide from it because it is too hard and not "Profitable".

The mcgwire collectors here do need to trade in order to complete our sets, oh so we think.

That is why I have started buying up as many serial numbered cards from 1996-now, so that I can get them garded...I mean 'Graded'

A 'common card' serial numbered card like a 1996 Donruss Staremaster? GONE. It's going to be graded.

The only way to trade is if we have extras.

In fact is a uniquely serial numbered card really an extra, or a different card entirely.

Anyhow, in case you bozos don't know, the 1985 Mcgwire rookie and tiffany cards in the Mcgwire Player reg set is weighed LOWER than a "common" insert like a 1996 Select Certified Mirror Red (Since there are Really only 90 of these made versus the '85's monumental printing!)
    It is now a war for these inserts, and all you other player collectors had best know that it will spread to your checklists and ebay auctions too! (Hear that Clark and Ripken fans)

That also means a coded message is being sent out whereby I am telling the MM collectors here that the 96 Mirror red will be heavily contested for BY ME. So SHields up and set you snipers for level 100...dollars that is.

oh and my "Precious 38?"
    The beloved 1993 Mcgwire refractor is an 8 in the Registry set.

The fact of EVERYTHING Mcgwire Cards, centers on how this registry set will usher in a second great graded card era.

You all need to see what is happening and help us.
  • Options

<< <i>

Speaking of grading and Mcgwire cards, TupacNacho, MDJDOB, and Bane50 have just as many as me, Jay, Walt, and Berhardt.

You all need to see what is happening and help us. >>

What about sterlingcollectibles does he have "just as many as you"

you crack me up, but you cant "throw me off the case"

• Options
    That sterlingcolectible guy is a fricken JerkKoff.
    He bids at the end like a little biotch.
    I have lost at least 50 auctions because of Sterling.
    He is a pain in the AZZ worse than you, RepugnicaninAss!
    Now stay out of my thread, Biotch!

oh, wait it's your wackazz thread.
  • Options
    You know the enviornment here. If you don't like it, stop complaining or go somewhere else.

Yeah so leave!!
  • Options
    I suppose there is ANOTHER weirdo who LOVES McGwire and 2pac...besides yourself?? God, you just dig yourself deeper every postimage
  • Options
    I'm diggin like a scorpion that torture they enemies
  • Options
    jgarci11, you wouldn't happen to be the infamous "onionring" that bids with 6 seconds left on every decent McGwire auction...would you?

88 refractors and counting!!!
  • Options
    oh I hope not! I HATE onionring9. If he is, he has some odd bidding habits. But who I do love beating out is mdjdob. I actually like going against him on that high priced stuff, showing him he doesn't have every dollar ever made.
  • Options
    It is interesting how each of the McGwire collectors on eBay have their moments....lstreeter, mrwally3, mcgwiremuseum (yes, you), abaseballworld, 2pacnacho, bbdirtbum, mac70jd5, etc. sterlingcollectibles has been less noticeable over the last few weeks. mrwally3 only bids on the PSA stuff, but onionring9 consistently bids on the high end stuff with just seconds to spare. I did win one last week that I was surprised he didn't snipe me on...99 Flair Showcase Legacy /99 PSA 10. Picked it up for @ $35...first good one I have won in a while.
  • Options
    dont forget the new guy, mgsinc. he's been going after the early Oakland PSA 10's, and he's got me a couple times on ones I wanted. I bid lower than I should of in hindsight, but I based it on Walt having it in a 10 already, you having it in a 9 or 10, and knowing the others dont really go after PSA stuff. abaseballworld likes to try to outbid me on the rare stuff like the 1/1's, but Ive got him beat at the hammer all 3 1/1's. mgsinc and onionring9 are my least favorite, as they have no qualms about bidding way high just like myself. I have cooled on the PSA 10 Cardinals McGwire, as I would rather go after just the memorabilia that I don't have yet, and the Oakland PSA 10's and rare 9's from 1994 back. I'll get the PSA 10Cardinals cards later.

edited to add: And divertic, cool guy but when he wants something, look out. You're going to pay way too much for it
  • Options
    I haven't seen too much of mgsinc. I have to admit, I am all over the board on what I bid on. I am trying like HE|| to get to 50% completion on the master set. There are a lot of common issues that I don't have, so I am bidding on some of these that look like they could grade out well. I have 50-100 cards at any one time ready to go to PSA. I need to get another submission in by the end of this month.

Another good place to look for McGwire's is in the eBay Stores. I come across stuff from time to time that I get. This morning, I bought a GAI graded McGwire that according to Beckett, Standard Catalog of BB Cards, etc., only 4 of these exist...I believe they are skip numbered. I picked it up for $9.95 Buy It Now.

I will bust from the case and send it in to PSA. I have (2) of them and even if I get 8's or 9's, at least I will have them.
  • Options

<< <i> I am trying like HE|| to get to 50% completion on the master set. >>

Damn I must not be helping much! My main focus has been hunting down cards and grading those that arent in the registry yet. The next batch thats pops should be 60+, all the 1989 Topps Stickers variations (17) and the 1988's (33) as well as handcut cards, (maybe 9?) and the rest of the 88 Stars
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I wished Griffey Jr. got this kind of PSA loveimage Actually I am glad he doesn't because I would be living in a tent.....................
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options

<< <i>I wished Griffey Jr. got this kind of PSA loveimage Actually I am glad he doesn't because I would be living in a tent..................... >>

I just had a rare Griffey in a 9 with none higher, and it went unsold on ebay. I couldnt believe it. Last time Im sending in any Griffeys!!
  • Options
    What was it?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    mcgwiremuseum...you ARE killing me. I have been close to the 50% threshold for soooo long. Please stop doing that crap. Just one card per issue will be fine with me.

I know that everyone has their own agenda when getting cards graded. It is kinda cool trying to keep up. Once I get the kids to bed, it seems like I spend the next few hours every night chasing McGwires. I feel like if I can get over the 50% threshold, I should be able to stay there. I started this collection about 2-2 1/2 yrs ago, so it has come a long way. I don't know if anyone will ever get much past 65-70% on this just because it is so big and is growing so quickly...definitely a moving target.

Regretfully, PSA does not even recognize this in the quarterly LeaderBoard that is printed in SMR. They say it has to be 85% or 90% complete or something to that effect. Strangely enough, they recognize it as #1 at awards time, though.
  • Options

<< <i>What was it? >>

1990 Publications International sticker hand cut. Pop report 1/1 9 with no 10's. The pops are low on all these, but thats because its hard to find the sheets, especially the set that wasnt crammed into the blister package, creating 6 serious waves throughout all the pages
  • Options
    I was actually watching that one , it is the one he was sitting on the fence?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    yeah I think thats bull about the SMR, I look for it every time and wondered why its not there. 85% is crazy, this set will end up around 4000+ by the end, Im sure. Im not trying to get the list insane on purpose, just trying to get it to match my complete checklist thats Ive made over the years, minus the issues PSA wont grade or recognize. Strange thing is I just sent in the 88 Platinum set, and they returned them saying they didnt grade them. But in my other sub IN THE SAME BOX 2 of them came back 10's. Next in line are my 1992 Collas, the 1988 Star McGwire/Davis GLOSSY version, and the 1988 O Pee Chee sticker variations. I also recently nailed 2 10's on the 1987 Barry Collas, which I was very excited about. I have like 12 raw sets, and always buy more when available, but its so darn hard getting quality cards from that issue. I have 7 Im sending in that should grade 9 - 10.
  • Options

<< <i>I was actually watching that one , it is the one he was sitting on the fence? >>

yeah that was it. I guess $15 might have been a little high? My Bonds did VERY poorly as well. No more grading him for me either. All 9's with no 10's or I had the only 10 graded, all unsold. Now Schmidts and Ryans on the other hand!! Oh and my Mattinglys did poor. Seems they only want 10's, ignoring the low pop 9's with no 10's?
  • Options
    Did you bust a case or two each of the 1988 and 1989 Topps Stickers to get all of the variations?