Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bought a 1993 Topps Refractor...

13»

Comments

• Options
    The thing is I won't be dealing my cards out when I am arrested. So what is the charge?
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    topps doesnt care what happens to past products. they only care about current and future sales. they dont see that if the integrity if an older products are compromised, it affects the future.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    LMAO this whole thing cracks me up!!!
  • Options
    I'm glad they don't care!!

What cracks you yankee? How I could corner the market on an endless supply of refractors?

Or is this all a campaign to promote a fear of backdooring in order to corner the market?

What is real and what is fake??

Well, when people start bidding a grand for the 1993 Mcgwire refractor we will see who is right.

I mean look at the bidding, all those people want this card, thay are getting frustrated, the more they lose the more they want it.

They won't ever win though, because they are cheap.

Eventually though they will start to bid higher and higher all in a vain chance to win. When that happens other people will take note and want in on the action. Isn't that why you have bid?

My high bid is $300, if you want it, Bid higher, Beat me! Bid to $500. What ever it takes. But be wary, because there are other snipers and other people watching the auction. They may decide to get involved, too.

All this is a perfect storm for an ebay auction and will drive the price higher!!

Basically you can't win, here. In fact, I have already won. Just by doing what I am doing makes my cards that more valuable. And Thirty of the 1993 refractors is alot!! The more bidders like you get frustrated and want to drive up the price to beat me, the more valuable my collection becomes!!

So get me good! Bid over $300. Make Doctor-daddy happy. Make me happy, and feel good that you prevented me from accomplishing my self-centered goal!

Do it!!

Go to $500! Because I may join you there once you do!

So you know what that means! that emans you might have to bid higher.

How HIgh?

Even that is beyond my psychic abilities..because I don't control other people unfortunately.

One day to infamy.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Well, when people start bidding a grand for the 1993 Mcgwire refractor we will see who is right.

Make Doctor-daddy happy

Do you think he would sell a refractor raw when he KNOWS he can get 10x more $$ if it was graded?
  • Options
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Maybe you will win this one for 140...and the price keeps dropping! image
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    jgarci11- you outta mention the 1993 refractors to the guys over on the net54 forums. some of them guys have really deep pockets. you get those guy on board and the refractors will shoot sky high no matter how many were produced.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like I'm in the wrong profession. I think I'm gonna quit my job and focus on cornering the 1990 Donruss Juan Gonzalez reverse negative market.
    Travis
  • Options
    Were they backdoored too? Maybe Juanfan from ebay knows??

• Options
    From Yankee: "Maybe you will win this one for 140...and the price keeps dropping!"

yeah maybe I will, then I can get more!!

What happened to:
    "I'm never going to allow you to get my refractors, blah blah blah?"

Afraid of Bidding against me???
  • Options
    Yes! I shake in my boots! I was never truly afraid to bid against someone until I met you!!! image

And what do my refractors have anything to do with this? Did I mention somewhere that I was going to sell to you? Hmm...maybe one too many Sam Adam's cuz I dont remember that.
  • Options
    First off, I LOVE SAMUEL ADAMS!!

It is filled with so much Yeast that it reminds me of sweet smellin' 'gina after every gulp!

Hmm...'gina!!

Secondly, I wish you would sell me you 1993 Mcgwire Refractors. How many do you have, and are any graded? I am willing to jock you if you are willing to sell them to me!! Name your price!
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    This is the worst internet forum thread ever. I'm just happy to be part of history.

Lee
  • Options
    Why is it the worse? Explain.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    No one cares that you're trying to corner the market on a card no one wants, other than people who are trying to put together the 93 refractor set. The player pictured on the cards you're cornering the market on could be conservatively described as "Sportscard Market Poison". Your posts make no sense to anyone. You ignore the fact that everybody in this forum is making fun of you. There's nothing of substance in this thread that anybody can take with them to improve their knowledge of collecting sportscards. That is why this is the worst thread in the history of internet forums. But I'm not here to talk about the past.

Lee
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    CDsNuts, image
  • Options
    You guys are wrong. I have educated ALL OF YOU!!

I can answer ANY question about late 90's Inserts, if only somebody would ask me. I show you guys cards that are VERY relevent to your collections!

I mean I don't see the above Ripken collector showing off his 1996 Mirror Gold.
    I see him showing off his $120 Glass Frames filled with $1.20 Commons.

But not anything else.

That's why 3 other Ripkin collector kick his butt!!

In fact, the top dog is a million times more acclimated with the modern inserts, going so far as to wanting his 1997 Pinnacle 1 of 1's graded by PSA, too.

You guys don't like my posts because you don't like modern card issues.

My posts are entertaining, funny, and filled with intelligence.

Your post lack creativity and are just like the same guys around here.

You guys all say the same thing!!

You have brought nothing new to the forum and you don't pose a direct threat to ending the prejudice of Blue Chip card collectors which is sufficating our hobby.

I know and show more than you give me credit for and I while I ma NOT insulted that you say negative things against me, I am upset that you think I have contributed Nothing.

In fact, you have said nothing new, because you hated me since day one!!

All because I am bold enough to say something you disagree with.

I am not history!!

I am the future! I said that before and it's true! And my plans to change this Hobby are just beginning.

Someday in the near future, Beckett will read a letter by me telling them and showing them that a particular 1993 refractor is owned by me!
    They will then posts a blurb in their 1993 Refractor listing that says the 1993 Mcgwire Refractor is hoarded and that it is now considered rare!!

This Blurb will stay there for decades!! and every collector will learn that the card is rare!!

This will not happen for any of you!! All because you guys have chosen to be fixated on what other people from another generation chose to collect!

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Someday in teh near future, Beckett will read a letter by me telling them and showing them that a particular 1993 refractor is owned by me!
    They will then posts a blurb in their 1993 REfractor listing that says the 1993 Mcgwire Refractor is horded and that it is now considered rare!!

This Blurb will stay there for decades!! and every collector will learn that the card is rare!! >>

I have come to the conclusion that your are either drunk or just retarded.

I'm leaning toward the latter.

<< <i>My posts are entertaining, funny, and filled with intelligence. >>

image You just keep on believing that
  • Options
    oh, I am both, especially after teaching.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Great, now I'm gonna lose sleep tonight knowing I don't have the best Ripken collection, thanks a lot. image

Get a life, I mean really.
  • Options

<< <i> That's why 3 other Ripkin collector kick his butt!! >>

Funny, aren't there 3 McGwire Collectors ahead of you, jgarci? image
  • Options
    yep, and they have mucho graded cards!

Kudos to them!!

oh, and their "rare" cards and "dynamic" scans are a true testiment to their high ranking!
  • Options
    Sorry to hurt your feelings, jeffcebay.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    Holy Underwear! This thread actually made me dumber.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    You must have read the whole thing!

Kudos to you, now!!
  • Options

<< <i>I'm glad they don't care!!

What cracks you yankee? How I could corner the market on an endless supply of refractors?

Or is this all a campaign to promote a fear of backdooring in order to corner the market?

What is real and what is fake??

I mean look at the bidding, all those people want this card, thay are getting frustrated, the more they lose the more they want it.

They won't ever win though, because they are cheap.

Eventually though they will start to bid higher and higher all in a vain chance to win. When that happens other people will take note and want in on the action. Isn't that why you have bid?

My high bid is $300, if you want it, Bid higher, Beat me! Bid to $500. What ever it takes. But be wary, because there are other snipers and other people watching the auction. They may decide to get involved, too.

All this is a perfect storm for an ebay auction and will drive the price higher!!

Basically you can't win, here. In fact, I have already won. Just by doing what I am doing makes my cards that more valuable. And Thirty of the 1993 refractors is alot!! The more bidders like you get frustrated and want to drive up the price to beat me, the more valuable my collection becomes!!

So get me good! Bid over $300. Make Doctor-daddy happy. Make me happy, and feel good that you prevented me from accomplishing my self-centered goal!

Do it!!

Go to $500! Because I may join you there once you do!

So you know what that means! that emans you might have to bid higher.

How HIgh?

Even that is beyond my psychic abilities..because I don't control other people unfortunately.

One day to infamy. >>

Britney is that you?
    Somewhere Jimmy Piersall is laughing.

• Options
    OMG Brittney is really a MAN!!! image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You guys are wrong. I have educated ALL OF YOU!!

I can answer ANY question about late 90's Inserts, if only somebody would ask me. I show you guys cards that are VERY relevent to your collections!

I mean I don't see the above Ripken collector showing off his 1996 Mirror Gold.
    I see him showing off his $120 Glass Frames filled with $1.20 Commons.

But not anything else.

That's why 3 other Ripkin collector kick his butt!!

In fact, the top dog is a million times more acclimated with the modern inserts, going so far as to wanting his 1997 Pinnacle 1 of 1's graded by PSA, too.

You guys don't like my posts because you don't like modern card issues.

My posts are entertaining, funny, and filled with intelligence.

Your post lack creativity and are just like the same guys around here.

You guys all say the same thing!!

You have brought nothing new to the forum and you don't pose a direct threat to ending the prejudice of Blue Chip card collectors which is sufficating our hobby.

I know and show more than you give me credit for and I while I ma NOT insulted that you say negative things against me, I am upset that you think I have contributed Nothing.

In fact, you have said nothing new, because you hated me since day one!!

All because I am bold enough to say something you disagree with.

I am not history!!

I am the future! I said that before and it's true! And my plans to change this Hobby are just beginning.

Someday in the near future, Beckett will read a letter by me telling them and showing them that a particular 1993 refractor is owned by me!
    They will then posts a blurb in their 1993 Refractor listing that says the 1993 Mcgwire Refractor is hoarded and that it is now considered rare!!

This Blurb will stay there for decades!! and every collector will learn that the card is rare!!

This will not happen for any of you!! All because you guys have chosen to be fixated on what other people from another generation chose to collect! >>

Wow.

When James Beckett gives you an interview, tell him I said hello.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> That's why 3 other Ripkin collector kick his butt!! >>

Funny, aren't there 3 McGwire Collectors ahead of you, jgarci? image >>

Oh yeah plus jgarci has a WHOPPING completion percentage image
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget that, in the past, hoarding is what has made things common today. Look at the unopened 1951 pack find. Today, that pack is very cheap relative to other 50's packs because somebody took the effort to maintain a large amount of them over the years. Another example is the Fritch collection. A lot of people are hesitant right now because they think he may have hoarded large numbers of 60's and 70's packs, boxes, and singles. If these items come out in large amounts, the values will certainly go down.

I understand that today's collector is a little different in that most items are protected and saved. But I would think that if someone has all of a certain card and keeps them nice, in 50 years, that may be one of the cheaper cards of the set due to so many nice copies being maintained through the years. I don't know if prices would ever reflect that, but it certainly wouldn't be one of the tougher cards to obtain.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options

<< <i>oh, I am both, especially after teaching. >>

"Those who can't do....TEACH"

-George Bernard Shaw

"..and those who can't teach....teach GYM"

but somehow I can't see Jgarci being a Phys ed coach image
  • Options

<< <i> I don't know if prices would ever reflect that, but it certainly wouldn't be one of the tougher cards to obtain. >>

Just look at "Mid-week pictorials" from the NY times with Ruth on the cover. Absolutely beautiful pieces!! They can be had for 100$ since EVERYONE saved ANYTHING with Ruth on it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You guys are wrong. I have educated ALL OF YOU!!...

...I am not history!!

This will not happen for any of you!! All because you guys have chosen to be fixated on what other people from another generation chose to collect! >>

>>

As if none of us own low pop cards that were considered commons at the time of manufacture but are now worth hundreds because so few were kept in mint condition.

I collect '59 Topps (Master Set 25% complete in PSA 7 or better), anything Aaron Mays or Clemente, and am also 50% through a Julius Erving Master Set in PSA 9 or better. You don't see me plastering the board with self aggrandizing BS posts about acquiring this card or that piece of memorabilia. Many of us choose this approach. My sets are not even in the Registry.

I also dabble in modern and in fact most of my raw cards are 1980 or later, with thousands less than 3 years old.

The problem is that you're practically accosting this board with claims of cornering the market, blah blah and then expect no dissenting opinion. It doesn't happen that way. Your attempts to take the Registry Board by storm are amusing at best.

Lighten up Francis, and maybe a valuable informative dialogue will ensue. Starting threads to hear yourself talk under the guise of raising a topic or asking for advice just doesn't fly here. We're all smart enough to understand the motive. If you have a hard time with that then medication would be the appropriate course of action.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>oh, I am both, especially after teaching. >>

"Those who can't do....TEACH"

-George Bernard Shaw

"..and those who can't teach....teach GYM"

but somehow I can't see Jgarci being a Phys ed coach image >>

I suggest that we give him a new name...Special Ed. image
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Let's not forget that, in the past, hoarding is what has made things common today. Look at the unopened 1951 pack find. Today, that pack is very cheap relative to other 50's packs because somebody took the effort to maintain a large amount of them over the years. Another example is the Fritch collection. A lot of people are hesitant right now because they think he may have hoarded large numbers of 60's and 70's packs, boxes, and singles. If these items come out in large amounts, the values will certainly go down.

I understand that today's collector is a little different in that most items are protected and saved. But I would think that if someone has all of a certain card and keeps them nice, in 50 years, that may be one of the cheaper cards of the set due to so many nice copies being maintained through the years. I don't know if prices would ever reflect that, but it certainly wouldn't be one of the tougher cards to obtain. >>

Don, what are you trying to do here - posting an intelligent analysis of hoarding cards in the middle of this madness? C'mon, I want to hear more from Yoda on his plan to conquer the McGwire refractor world, it's amazingly entertaining.
  • Options
    I've got to agree with ctsoxfan. At first, I always thought that jgarci was just trying to cause/start problems/fights on the board. Now I'm starting to think that he's more like Anchorman -- you don't really get it at first but once you get on that wavelength it is hilarious and entertaining. I think jgarci is doing a great deal of this tongue-in-cheek and I enjoy it. Thanks jgarci, good luck on your quest for McGwires.

Arthur
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I really need to stop using these as toilet paper, my roids are going to flare up image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Ut oh...someone is struggling for the high bid! You know, if you dont win, you can think that you have driven up the price but at the end of the day by your "theory", you will lose big time in the long run! Better up that snipe!!! And for your sake, better hope its higher than mine!
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Pff. Figures a Dodger fan would be into the "Dark Arts." image

The dead should stay dead...

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25