let's see your Prussian coins!

2»

Comments

• PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

<< <i>imageimageimage >>

I have the same one image -Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    image This came with a Wilhelm Coronation medal I purchased a couple years back and I have always enjoyed posting it, even if it isn't contemporary.
  • I'd like to show this again (it's one of my favorites). The coin has much more color than this pic indicates. The dark area behind bust is blues and reds when you roll the light around the coin. The reverse has areas of every color on the rainbow when light is reflected. The surfaces are semi- PL. Paid a bunch but was well worth it.

• Here is one of every obverse, reverse and denomination in post unification Prussian gold... All of them look much better in hand but I have given up trying to get better pics of them. I still con't shoot proofs or gold worth a hill of beans.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • 3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Here is another 1914 Prussian:

Pic
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.

<< <i>Here is another 1914 Prussian:

Pic >>

Here's yer pic...Very Nice image -Preussen

• DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    I just picked up this Coronation Thaler. It is a quite common coin, but always thought it was cool looking.
    This one has nice obverse toning, and the reverse has also developed the milky "phlegm" toning skin over the years.

• 3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Steve:

Good pic of your 1902 proof 5 mark. How about your 1901 5 mark proof (regular issue, PCGS PR67Cam) and I know you have a lot moreimage3Mark
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
    Thanks; I'd love to share pics of the 1901 (non-commem) 5 Mark, but it has been impossible for me to photograph well image. It is so brilliantly mirrored (& big) that I just can't get a pic without terrible glare and reflections image ...I just don't know how to do it, but I'll keep trying. Meanwhile, how about a pic or 2 from your collection? image -Preussen
    PCGS Proof 67 Cameo image

Nice 3M image

• theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Awesome, drop the picture into your photo editor and reduce the brightness and increase the contrast for an improvementimage

<< <i>Awesome, drop the picture into your photo editor and reduce the brightness and increase the contrast for an improvementimage >>

Thanks for the tips image ...I'll continue playing with it. -Preussen
  • DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

with all the new forum members we've had join, I thought this thread deserved a bump!