Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Check out this 1935D Buffalo Nickel!

If you are in the market for a 1935D MS65 buffalo nickel that is much better than typical, check this one out:
Fleabay Linky
Not my auction, no affiliation, blah blah blah... just admiring the coin image

Comments

• Options
    Well, make that my newp 1935D Buffalo Nickel. I couldn't resist. I even have one already in PCGS MS65, but the luster and strike on this one look incredible for the date/mm. I've seen many a 66 in PCGS and NGC slabs that are lack luster and struck like mashed potatoes.
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VERY nicely struck for a '35-D!
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [q]Well, make that my newp 1935D Buffalo Nickel. I couldn't resist. I even have one already in PCGS MS65, but the luster and strike on this one look incredible for the date/mm. I've seen many a 66 in PCGS and NGC slabs that are lack luster and struck like mashed potatoes. >>

Why, just hours later, is the same coin (same slab) being offered again?

peacockcoins

• Options

<< <i>[q]Well, make that my newp 1935D Buffalo Nickel. I couldn't resist. I even have one already in PCGS MS65, but the luster and strike on this one look incredible for the date/mm. I've seen many a 66 in PCGS and NGC slabs that are lack luster and struck like mashed potatoes. >>

<a class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://cgi.ebay.com/1935-D-PCGS-MS65-BUFFALO-5c-NICKEL-C724_W0QQitemZ320078099568QQihZ011QQcategoryZ11954QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target=blank>Why, just hours later, is the same coin (same slab) being offered again?</A> >>

Yep--identical cert #--maybe Buffnut changed his mind?
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options
    I didn't change my mind. Looks like probably a clerical error- I have emailed the seller to find out. I will give them the benefit of the doubt until they give me reason not to!

If that approach fails- it will be a showdown at high noon in front of Ebay town hall.

(Cue the music to "The good, the bad, and the ugly")

"We don't take to kindly to yur type round heah..."
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. Very nice strike for the date. Pick all of those you can find.image
  • Options
    Turns out the seller had an automated relisting program that messed up. He killed that second auction, and I'm getting the one that was pictured. Weee!
  • Options
    gyocomgdgyocomgd Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    Boy, that's a great 35-D! That's a sharp-eyed find, Buffnut, nice going.
    Speaking of buying issues we already own, here's a raw one I couldn't help but snipe yesterday. Lord knows I have enough of these, but check out the head of that bison, the central obverse and the clarity of LIBERTY. I couldn't help it.
    eBay find

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file