Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Which Waiting Is Worse - POLL

As I wait and watch to see if and when a "refund credit" will hit my Paypal account; I had time to ponder. Which waiting is worse ?????

Comments

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Personally I hate waiting for the arrival of a purchased coin the most. It seems like the few days after the purchase until its shows up on my door step takes forever.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    A couple of tough ones there of which I have numerous grey hairs to show for it.

but the worst is still:
    #2 Waiting to See Your Grades Posted

I always check the status 2-3 times a day.
    Even the same day they get received.

OCD Obsessive Coin Disorder.

Rookie Joe

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Normally it would be:

2. Waiting to See Your Grades Posted

But right now, (and for a while yet), it'll be waiting for a particular coin to come back from NCS.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Waiting to see if US Mint will fill your order , or out of stock , after six week wait.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>But right now, (and for a while yet), it'll be waiting for a particular coin to come back from NCS. >>

At which point you will still suck.
  • Options
    Number 4 (waiting on that elusive coin).

It's even worse when you've previously passed on that elusive coin, and now need to find it again.

"Giving away an MS-65 $20 St. Gaudens to everyone logged in when I make my 10,000th post..."
  • Options
    Gots ta be waiting on grades. I have a steady stream of stuff coming to the house but grades are only once in a while. I have 2 submissions that were received on the 4th and I check them every time I'm near the computer. I have OCD for sure!!!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for a coin... since I do not participate in the plastic chase... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Normally it would be:

2. Waiting to See Your Grades Posted

But right now, (and for a while yet), it'll be waiting for a particular coin to come back from NCS.

Russ, NCNE >>

Is this the Kennedy you showed me a couple of months ago?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is this the Kennedy you showed me a couple of months ago? >>

Nope. It's a new acquisition.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Russ, I just talked to NCS and they are putting the proof coin conservation team right on it...

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost said #4, except there you never know if the wait will ever end. I've been waiting nearly ten years for some coins for my Lincoln set to simply appear in the market. #2 is much more painful to endure because you *know* the grades are eventually coming.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    #2 by far. I get Modern Grades in 7 days and then have to wait 40+ days to get Economy grades...... image

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to add waiting for PayPal to unfreeze your account after some putz decides three weeks after receiving his purchase that he really didn't want it afterall and files a claim.

BTW: Nice Accented Kennedy!
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely #4, Waiting to find that elusive coin, is the most difficult.

But the longest wait wasn't on the list: waiting for the oft-delayed issuance of the Cherrypickers' Guide! image

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    #8 by a landslide for me. Especially when the UPS guy comes down my cul-de-sac three times that day but not to my house. I always think he is giving my coin to a neighbor.

Freak
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Waiting to see if US Mint will fill your order , or out of stock , after six week wait. >>

That use to bother me but now I just give up on the Mint.

Now I just order and forget about it.

If I get it I get it.

So far I have always gotten what I ordered.
    The 1/2 oz Platinum may be my first no show.
    backordered to 2/15/2007

Rookie Joe
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139

<< <i>8. Waiting on a Purchase To Arrive. >>

Easily this one mostly for me and most online cherrypickers. From the time you buy, you cannot wait to confirm your attribution.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all the waiting is good -- part of the fun of the hobby.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Wow. I have to admit I was surprised at the results...looks like we're more addicted to plastic than I thought.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file