Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

People (bidders), some I just don't understand

Check this out

This bidder has bid on 10-12 of my auctions, then retracts, then bids again, then retracts, then bids again!! all days apart!

He's had 75 bid retractions in the past 6 months. What the heck is he doing?

Bidding pattern
Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi

Comments

• Options
    Bidder's remorse?

Strange behavior from what one may consider an indecisive bidder.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Maybe he should be added to your blocked-bidder list.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    fool me once....
    fool me twice....
    fool me 10 times.....?????????????????
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Maybe he should be added to your blocked-bidder list.

I thought the same thing. But his feedback is pretty good and I'll take all the bidding action I can get when it comes to 1973's, so I'm just going to see how it pans out

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    And I felt guilty a few months back when I had to retract a bid when I hit the comma button instead of the period and placed a exceedingly large amount on a auction in error. I wonder when EBAY would deem to warn him about his behavior?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bid Retractions (Past 6 months): 76 >>

Well if that's not a bad case of premature bidulation, I don't know what is.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Mark,

Having bid against this person on many a '73 auction (including yours), I find that he tends to test the water to see where the current high-bid sits. When I was selling off my upgraded dupes, I noticed him doing this in my auctions and finally had to block his bids.

BTW, Would sure like to get a deal on your '73 vending raws, similiar to the 10K '74s you were selling! Your cards are always excellent!

Cheers,
    Michael

TGF Sports
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    "I wonder when EBAY would deem to warn him about his behavior? "

///////////////////////////////////////

Never.
  • Options
    MrG,

The 73 are awesome! I sold off half, but still have 5,000 plus raw nrmt to gem mint. I went through my graded 9's and will be listing around 100 more in February. I have 8 Jon Matlacks in PSA 9...LOL! Think PSA could have slipped a PSA 10 or two in there!!

• Options
    The killer is when you get that '73 PSA 10 of John Briggs and Leo Cardenas and can only manage $35 a piece on FeeBay. The last (4) 10s I bought from Roger at 4_sharp set me back a mere $170. The last PSA 9 I bought was the 1 of 2 #581 Steve Kealey for $366. Sucks for Roger I bet!

Noticed you recently listed a few 9s. Have my eye on a few oddballs. Fortunately for me I am now down to only 64 cards remaining until I get my 73 Master registry set to 9 or better. I had been picking up Bruce Budris' upgraded 9's but he sold his #1 set before the end of last year. Got a HUGH amount of $$$$!image
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    Did Bruce sell his set on ebay? broken up? or did he sell it to.............?

• Options
    Sold it off eBay to gregf5087 for a bundle. He told me that the deal was too good to pass-up. He was buying a new high-rise condo in Boston and made a hefty down payment! gregf5087 is also making a run at all of the '75 10s that come to market, based on his buying history. Might want to get some of those GEM-MINT '75s out of the warehouse!
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    Should have known. Greg was the guy who brought half my 73's. He also bought a ton of other stuff from me, including many PSA 10's

I deal alot direct with people I establish relationships with through ebay, Greg being one of them

Greg was at my booth at last years National and would look at a few cards in a box and say "I'll take the whole box"---!

He bought "Outof the bullpen" partial 9/10 1975 registery set for huge bucks last year

• Options

Maybe it's Peter Gibbons.
    NewJerseyMeatHook II
  • Options
    sharpie is up to his tricks again on tonights auctions!

Auction #1

Auction #2

What is the deal with all the retractions!
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all the things that are wrong with eBay, bid retractions pi$$ me off the most. Why does eBay continue to allow people to do this? The rules of bidding are clear and you are asked once after you bid to confirm it. If someone is in too much of a hurry and puts in the wrong bid he/she should have to rebid or the original bid should have to be honored.

NO MORE BID RETRACTIONS!

Enjoy the hobby.

JB
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    "If someone is in too much of a hurry and puts in the wrong bid he/she
    should have to rebid or the original bid should have to be honored."

////////////////////////////////

The instructions on the bid-retraction page of the EBAY TOS clearly
    instruct the bidder to immediately place the correct bid, following a
    retraction.

• Options
    FYI

76 bid retractions later, Sharp is no longer a registered user.

GONE