Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Head up concerning Registered mail and paypal.

2»

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Ram.

Perhaps the key issue here is to both ship registered and
    to insure full value.

Because then, the P.O. will have some incentive to do
    something when someone claims non-receipt.
    And Paypal will be aware the that P.O. will back them up.
    >>

Sounded like early someone said that the insurance on registered mail only covers loss and damage. I guess the PO would simply say it was delivered and they have the proof so their part would be done. I don't think they would investigate anything other then I guess you could try and file a claim for mail fraud...Im sure others here know how this would work.
    ---------------------------------------------

"The Villain"

Shiba Rescue Organization
    A Shiba Inu is a terrible thing to waste! image
  • Options
    Hugegut, your method will only work if you never intend to use EBAY or PAYPAL again. If, however, you want to continue to sell on EBAY, you are shooting yourself in the foot bigtime. There is only one way to win in this situation and that is to buy full insurance and to buy DC and whatever else you need. It only takes a few moments of your time and a maybe an extra few dollars. Just do it.
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options
    sweetwillietsweetwilliet Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭
    Here is another question, forgive me if it was answered above. How about priority (or regular, doesn't really matter) with insurance and delivery confirmation? Anything insured over $100 will require a signature, so if you bought the insurance for it, you should have a signature for valuable items. The delivery confirmation is available online. The only difference I can see is if signature confirmation is available online (i.e. can actually pull up the signature online).
    Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Will’sProoflikes
  • Options
    Pay-Pal must be getting tired of footing the bill for USPS's boo-boo's.......and now they pass it on to us........

I'll add this to my book....reason 4,936,385 NOT to use feebay & Bay-Pal

AL
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's assume I send something Registered to someone who paid by non-PayPal means. They say they didn't get the item and attempt to exact a refund from me. I fill out the paperwork at the post office and they tell me after an investigation which includes having the buyer sign another form saying he didn't receive the item that the buyer is full of crap. I tell the buyer he received the item and any further attempt to get money from me would be met by a chat with a postal inspector about mail fraud. Buyer wisely acquiesces.

Now add PayPal to the above equation. Since they take the side of the buyer in this case and actually play the part of wiseguy, taking your money and giving it back to the buyer, they, too, should be receiving a knock on the door from a postal inspector.

If I put in my auctions that USPS Online Übertracking must be purchased if paying with PayPal, how long before my auctions are cancelled?
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "If I put in my auctions that USPS Online Übertracking must be
    purchased if paying with PayPal, how long before my auctions
    are cancelled? "

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

In the context of accepting PayPal, such lingo would be considered
    a "surcharge" and constitute a TOS violation under the reportable
    category of "fee circumvention."

However, if you make the same policy mandatory for all forms of
    payment, there would be no TOS violation.

IF you do not accept PayPal, NONE of the perils hereinabove discussed
    (IN THIS ENTIRE THREAD) will ever befall you.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    You folks are making me feel like I was
    very lucky to get my money back.

Regards, Steve.
  • Options
    I just picked up a registered package for PCGS Friday, and it also had delivery confirmation. Even the post office worker said she never saw it before. I guess it is possible to have both.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just picked up a registered package for PCGS Friday, and it also had delivery confirmation. Even the post office worker said she never saw it before. I guess it is possible to have both. >>

The clerks here comment on that too. I just tell them its computer printed from an online site. Don't some places offer it free or really cheap when you print your labels from an online source?
  • Options
    Fellow Board Members: Are we still in agreement that when shipping Registered Mail on an eBay/Paypal transaction, that we should also use Signature Confirmation (along with shipping only to confirmed addresses within 7 days)?

My apologies for reviving this pain-inducing thread, but since Paypal policies change over time, I do want to confirm.

Thanks...
    "Giving away an MS-65 $20 St. Gaudens to everyone logged in when I make my 10,000th post..."
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Get a return receipt by email. You will receive an electronic signature which Paypal requires. You have to request this on the USPS website. After you request the signature it takes a day for the PDF of the signature to be sent, but you must request it on their site by pluging in your registered number. This is only for registered mail packages over $200. The USPS wont do an email receipt unless it is insured for over $200.
  • Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Registered Mail is completely trackable online and must be signed for. I've never needed it, but I'm sure that a copy of the signature could be obtained if necessary. >>

But Paypal can't verify it online, thus if you did not pay addition for signature confirmation, Paypal will automatically chargeback the seller if the item sold for over $250. Really sucks.
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Fellow Board Members: Are we still in agreement that when shipping Registered Mail on an eBay/Paypal transaction, that we should also use Signature Confirmation (along with shipping only to confirmed addresses within 7 days)?

My apologies for reviving this pain-inducing thread, but since Paypal policies change over time, I do want to confirm.

Thanks... >>

That's total bullsh*t. Having to pay for someone to sign for a package twice is asinine, especially on top of Registered Mail.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Like I said, paypal sux

Paypal is so intent on satisfying the buyer , to screw the seller . How long will a business model of this sort continue ?image
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Registered Mail is completely trackable online and must be signed for. I've never needed it, but I'm sure that a copy of the signature could be obtained if necessary. >>

But Paypal can't verify it online, thus if you did not pay addition for signature confirmation, Paypal will automatically chargeback the seller if the item sold for over $250. Really sucks. >>

The way I see it, if someone has obviously received a package, having signed for it by registered mail, and has the orbs to issue a chargeback, threaten to file theft and/or mail fraud charges. They might have a change of heart.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you try to purchase a label with your online usps account, DC and SC are only available with Priority (off course you can't buy Registered on line). But you can only purchase one or the other, no DC and SC at the same time. In addition you can then purchase insurance. Does this mean you cannot purchase DC and SC for the same package when paying over the counter at the PO?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>I did not find a reference to the "Domestic Return Receipt" on Paypal's current website info including that for SPP. Can the original poster of this information provide a link?

Here's what I see at Paypal's site (emphasis added) link to SPP in detail

11.3 Eligibility. In order to be eligible for coverage under the Seller Protection Policy, you must meet the following requirements:

You must have a Verified Business or Verified Premier Account at the time of the transaction,
    The transaction must be between a US, UK or Canadian buyer and a US, UK or Canadian seller,
    The payment must be listed as "Seller Protection Policy Eligible" on the “Transaction Details” page,
    You must accept a single payment from one PayPal Account for the purchase,
    You must not charge a surcharge for accepting PayPal,
    You must ship the purchased item to the address listed on the “Transaction Details” page, and that address must be identified as a Confirmed Address,
    You must ship the item to the buyer within 7 Days of receiving payment,
    You must have trackable online proof of delivery from an independent shipper to the address on the “Transaction Details” page. For transactions involving $250.00 USD or more, you must provide a proof of receipt that was signed or otherwise acknowledged by the buyer, and
    You must respond to PayPal’s requests for information within the time period PayPal specifies.

Please note that in order to be eligible for our Seller Protection Policy you must ship the item as required in this section. If you hand deliver an item, or provide delivery in any manner other than required in this section, your transaction will not be eligible for the Seller Protection Policy. >>

I have a PERSONAL account for buying and a PREMIER account for selling.... I do NOT list that I accept paypal in my auction listings NOR in my settings..... I set it up primarily for my overseas transactions....

I have some questions ( all applying to the premier account, since it the ONLY one that I use to accept payments).......

1: Based on the above statements, I assume that I would NOT be eligible for seller protection since I do NOT "The payment must be listed as "Seller Protection Policy Eligible" on the “Transaction Details” page"...... am I correct????

2: Is it permitted to limit accepting paypal to NON-DOMESTIC buyers (as I have seen done by many sellers), or is that a violation of their TOS???

3: If item 2 is NOT permited and If I DO comply with that particular requirement (The payment must be listed as "Seller Protection Policy Eligible" on the “Transaction Details” page), since I do this as a convenience for my NON-DOMESTIC buyers, would I still be covered under seller protection, AND how do I manage to provide the ONLINE signature requirement that paypal DEMANDS for those NON-DOMESTIC transactions????

Consider that this would apply primarily to shiments to CANADA and the UK.......

4: Additionally, how do these seller and/or buyer protection policies apply to private transactions??? ie: NON-EBAY private tranactions and/or purchases from NON-DOMESTIC websites????

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file