Options
Couple of new seated dimes
rhedden
Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here are a couple of Seated dimes I picked up today (seller's photos). Paid retail for them from a well-known dealer's website, which is against my nature, but I thought these two were particularly nice. The 1839-P was graded AU-55, but I put it at AU-50, with a nice strike. The 1851-O is just a difficult issue to obtain. It was graded at EF-40, though some might argue it is VF-35. I like this particular coin because it has nice, even color and is free from nicks and cuts. Very few of these appear at auction in any grade, and I would rather have this date than an 1849-O, which seems to be commoner than its reputation would indicate (seated dime collectors may want to comment on that). Hope you liked seeing these.


0
Comments
Very pleasing examples. I like them.
Congratulations!
Congrats.
I love those O-mintmarks for some reason. Particularly when it's inside the wreath.
Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.
The 1851-O is just as nice as its picture suggests, evenly worn and without distracting marks. Ever look at the PCGS populations on the 1851-O dime?
The 51 O however is only slightly more common in f-xf, once you get into AU the 49 O is even harder. As for an UNC both are really rare coins to come by.
The prices on the 49 O's sometimes tend to bring more to market. The 51 O is really underpriced.
Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.
Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.