Home Metal Detecting
Options

So... Im cruising through Wal Mart...

Picking up some random things with the $623 I won in poker last night. Walking around, picked up Monopoly, a scrub brush, some milk, ect. Wal Mart is packed, no lines ect. I finally choose a line, and proceed to check out. I put $40 into the machine, and im getting $3.XX back in change. I get my receipt, reach in to get my change... and notice something...

See what I see....???

Here is the kicker...

Wildcard find for me!!!

Comments

• Options

<< <i>Wildcard find for me!!! >>

That's a cool one fer sure!

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm trying to understand the differance between a 1945 S and a 1945 S with the PCGS distinction of FS. Can anyone help? And, which is the coin (that is very cool!!) that Bill found?
    Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options

<< <i>I'm trying to understand the differance between a 1945 S and a 1945 S with the PCGS distinction of FS. Can anyone help? And, which is the coin (that is very cool!!) that Bill found?
    Mary >>

Mary, FS stands for: Full Steps.
    Term applied to a Jefferson five-cent example when at least 5 steps of Monticello are present.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Nice find Mary.

Gary
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Nice find. image
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    I'd have started buying packs of 25c gum out of that machine.
  • Options
    Gary,
    I only wish I had found that coin in my change but it was Bill aka 30AnvZ28.
    Mary image
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    John, thanks for the education. You realize I'm now going to scour my 1945 Jefferson's, right? image
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    I thought about it being a full roll of war nickels... however, I drove about 45 min away for the evening... and think that today might be too late... but I am going back to Wal Mart just in case it isnt.....

oh yes, on a side note... my wildcard find win (in sig) was from the same Wal Mart... same self checkout machines... 3 MS 1959 D Nickels that time. Im wagering that was a full OBR in the machine for those.
  • Options
    nice find!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I nominated your chauffer badge for the Relic category.

But you'll have to post your Wildcard entry yourself.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Its posted... thank you!
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice find.... sharp eyes... it pays to be on the lookout. Change can be quite rewarding. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Lol, I got a 1947 jefferson out of the self checkout line at walmart too lol. no S but still old lol. Nice.

Joe