Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Predict the day I receive my grades and win a prize....WE HAVE POPPAGE!

Comments

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Robmm77 and tkd7 are on the clock today with their 1/19 predictions. Feel free to keep guessing!

Stay classy,

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    grades always pop on Fridays
  • Options
    Sportscardcollector is at the plate today with a couple of guys on deck for tomorrow! If this drags on, we'll have a winner by default! Feel free to keep guessing.

Stay classy,

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Jan. 26th, with 16 8s.
  • Options
    Jan 23............13 8's
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Feb. 10
    3 eights
  • Options
    does the tiebreaker also work like the price is right. Meaning closest without going over?
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    1/29/07 2 8s
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    Yes, tiebreaker also works like Price is Right. Closest without going over.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭
    1/25/07
    3 8's
  • Options
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've had a submission logged in since 12/8 and it hasn't popped yet, so I"m guessing yours will be Feb 16th with 5 8's.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    February 6
    21 8s.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Four guys are on tap today - meteoriteguy, baseballfanatic, asphaltman, and another gent, and it is not looking good for them. Oh well boys, keep giving those predictions because the beat rolls on. With the holidays, it's only been 19 business days so it may be a few more weeks before poppage occurs.

Stay classy,

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    Four more gents are on tap today: bigfische, alfonz24, bearkat21, and goose3 all have 1/24 as their predictions. Good luck guys, hope you win and I get poppage. Feel free to keep on predicting!

Stay classy,

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    My original selection of February 6th remains unchanged, but I just noticed I never indicated how many PSA 8s you would receive. I will say 5.

Good luck. Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    Yankeeno7, onlyanumber, and digdug are up today with their predictions of 1/25. I've got a feeling it might be today.....................but keep on guessing just in case!

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options

<< <i>Yankeeno7, onlyanumber, and digdug are up today with their predictions of 1/25. I've got a feeling it might be today.....................but keep on guessing just in case!

Ron >>

I truely hope yours pop on the second. What're the prizes?
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    The prizes will be vintage cards from the 50's, 60's and 70's, including at least one hall of famer well known star from the 50's.
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    These wait times are killer right now!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    1-30 10-8's

Good luck with those 57's
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Options
    Tedw9, stingray, and chippy are all up today. I hope you guys are on the money!

Feel free to keep guessing..........your chances of winning are increasing with many people being eliminated by the day.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    1-29

3 8's

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    I predicted 1/27/07 thinking it was a week day so I can change my day to 1/29/07?

same guess on 8's!!!
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    Sure, 1/29 is fine. Hope it's then if not today!

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    2/14/07 with 19 8's. Happy Valentines Day!!image
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Rose14 com, Fiveniner, Bunker and 1980's collector are on tap today. Hopefully it will pop as another sub I sent in on the same day popped on Friday. Keep guessing if you wish!

Stay classy,

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Alright I will take another guess, Jan. 31st with 13-8s.
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    2/9/07

17 psa 8's
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    alright another guess 1/31/07
    5 8's
  • Options
    2/7/07

Peace
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options
    1-30

4-8's

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭
    2/2/07
    3 8's
  • Options
    2/4/07 4 8's.,
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
    (If you want peace, prepare for War).........Semper Fi
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    A few hours left until my prediction goes poof!
  • Options
    Not optimistic about today..........thinking it will be mid-Feb before we see poppage.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    ooo
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    Well today is another day. One clarification to the contest: one guess only. When you're eliminated, you're eliminated. That said, sfmays24 is at the plate today.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    rounding3rdrounding3rd Posts: 287 ✭✭✭
    2/8/07 with 6 PSA 8's!

Mike
    Working on Baseball HOF Autograph Set Registry
  • Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Hi Ron,

I just spoke with Joe O. and he assured me today will be the day for your grades to post, be sure to check every 5 minutes!

Good luck with the grades.

Mike
    sfmays24
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well today is another day. One clarification to the contest: one guess only. When you're eliminated, you're eliminated. That said, sfmays24 is at the plate today.

Ron >>

To those who tried getting in multiple guesses..

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    To those who tried getting multiple guesses.. HA HA. But they did
    pad their post count.image
    Hey, if they did not hit on Jan 31, that means I am up today!

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    A few people up today. Keep the guesses coming, as it looks like this will extend well into February.

Stay classy,

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    2/6/07

14 PSA 8's
    1981-82 Topps Basketball PSA 9 or 10
    1992-93 Topps Basketball PSA 9 or 10
    1976 Topps Baseball PSA 9 or 10
    1981 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1982 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1986 Topps Los Angeles Dodgers PSA 9 or 10
    1975 Topps Wacky Packages Series 15 PSA 9 or 10
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Shoot. Lost, but +1.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Surprised this thread is still going. I'll throw in for my Dad's birthday, February 11.

Geordie
  • Options
    Nobody has predicted today, but several people are on tap over the coming week. Feel free to keep guessing, it's got to happen in February, doesn't it?

Stay classy,

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

• Options
    I will go with Feb. 6th. (I hope for your sake anyway) Oh yeah and 7 8's image

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I am still waiting for my submission that was entered on 12/19. I would take a guess on yours, but I was one of the first one eliminated. This is by far the longest I have ever had to wait. They passed the old record two weeks ago.
  • Options
    Mark J - I saw that a couple of submissions similar to mine that were received on 12/18 popped last week. Both were roughly 50 card submissions in years similar to mine. Hopefully that means both you and I will be getting good news this week.

This is the longest I have had to wait as well.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy