Home Metal Detecting

Ok... Who did it?

Well, for those of you who follow the giveaway threads... you may have come across my giveaway, where Boom stated that my detector was stolen from my vehicle one evening. I had the Garrett Ace 250. Keep in mind, I didnt have the money to buy the thing in the first place... but curiosity got the best of me. I was really pissed about the situation... but there wasnt anything I could do.

This was discussed between Boom and I over pm's and was publicly mentioned in 2 posts between him and I in my giveaway thread. I went to the post office last night to get my mail from my P.O. Box, and there was a retrieval note from the P.O. for a package that was too big to fit into the box. I went today, and retrieved my package... got back to the shop here, and opened it up... Garrett Ace 250 read the box, with a note attached... "Merry Christmas". No return address, nothing. I have no idea who sent it... but it had to be someone on here. Either way, to whoever you are out there... Thank you.

Comments

• too cool!....i'm sure with karma like that, you and your new machine will make some great finds....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • coinnut86coinnut86 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to lie, there are some really kick arse people on this board!

Kudo's to whoever it was image
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    WOWimage

Someone here is VERY nice

And by the way did I mention my 1933 Double Eagle was stolenimage

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    That is awesome! Great to hear a happy ending (and a new beginning) to this story.
  • WOW!!!! Now thats generosity. Congrats anv, and to whoever sent it, NICE.
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • WAY TOO COOL!!

• That is awesome Anv.HH,Tom
  • Kudo's to whomever sent it!!! it's great when a community (aka. forumites) help out fellow members!!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • That is so awesome. Congrats on the new MD

• That was tremendouly kind gesture on someone's part. I've always felt that humanity as a whole remains kind and generous in spite of the bad press we read/hear every day.
    The question on my mind isn't who was it, but how did he/she get your PO Box address? With privzcy laws being what they are these days, the US Postal Srevice cannot achkowledge a box exists, let alone hand out the number!!!
    Be Still and Know
  • I have put my PO Box, and my physical address out on NUMEROUS occasions across the public forums. Everyone can access it. If anyone has paid attention at all... they can find it very easily if they wish around here.
  • I guess you answered that question Bill. image
    Be Still and Know
  • gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    iw as just thinking. so through out the last few years, and on various websites you have posted ur address. maybe someone who purchased an item or sometihng of that sort from you is the one who sent you the metal detector.....

gene2393
  • I really dont know. I havent sold MUCH over the last year or so. Mainly gold bullion on EBay. Nothing really coin related other then that. Its really been from tags and swaps. I just sold coins to two different people here... both are mailing me checks... and neither of them asked for my address. (3 days ago, I decided to part with a large part of my collection, and am liquidating certain things, and going to focus on certain things).
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I could afford to be that generous! Wow!

I knew there was a lot of good karma goin' round on this forum, but that is pretty impressive.

Say, if you ever wanna sell that chauffer badge you dug while you were down here, it's worth twenty bucks to me. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭
    Some of you might know that I recently returned to work after 3 months on strike. Three months without a paycheck can be rough. About 2 months into the strike I got a package with a note from a forum member (coin side). The note said, "From a fellow Union brother. Hope this brightens your day." The package contained a US commerative half dollar worth over $100. Needless to say it brightened more than one day. Stuff like this makes you feel good about people in general.
  • >>Stuff like this makes you feel good about people in general.<<

AMEN

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool... I am happy for you. Cheers, RickO