Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

i know this is something stupid to ask about but....

my coins were stolen (safe and all), lucky the only ones that weren't stolen were my wheat cents (i keep those in a different location), and well i was wondering if anyone here was willing to maybe help me get some of the coins i had back, many of them were in 2x2s, mostly silver dimes and wheat cents (extras). is tehre anything i can do to get back to where i was?

gene2393

Comments

• Hi,Sorry to hear about your loss ,that really sucks it happened to me also,but they missed most of the good stuff image
    Just post what you are looking for types,grades, etc,and what you are willing to spend and I am sure you find that many members here can help you out, most of us have duplicates, some may even just want to trade ,MoJo
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>my coins were stolen (safe and all), lucky the only ones that weren't stolen were my wheat cents (i keep those in a different location), and well i was wondering if anyone here was willing to maybe help me get some of the coins i had back, many of them were in 2x2s, mostly silver dimes and wheat cents (extras). is tehre anything i can do to get back to where i was?

gene2393 >>

So, you are 16? Were these stolen in your parent's house? Burglary of the whole house or just your stuff?
    Were these coins you collected or that were handed down to you?

You say you are wondering if people here will help you get some of your coins back but it sounds like you are looking for replacements and not your coins. You don't give much info......how did your safe get stolen, etc....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    the safe was in my bedroom closet. i came home from work one evening and went to go get in it and well it wasn't there.

gene2393
  • hmmm....

If it was in a safe in your closet:

a) Person knows you and knows where your coins are
    b) Person wants revenge
    c) You might have left it open
    d) Was the room messed up if so he was looking for coins
    e) do you have other valuables in your house, why coins?

TKC!
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • image I am sorry about your safe and coins. My daughter has been robbed several times but they took everything they could and even made several trips back to get more since they were in a small pickup. We could tell by the tire tracks. they were caught getting into someone else's house not far from them. they got a lot back but no money that was missing but now that they are out of jail they have to pay restitution. You might go to the local bank and see if anyone has cashed in some old coins recently. When I get some like that I keep them for a while to see if anyone comes in looking for stolen coins or currency that is really old. Not all tellers do though.
  • You might go to the local bank and see if anyone has cashed in some old coins recently.

Good idea, esp. if it's a small town.

Coins not common to banks but not questioned like kennedy half or eisenhower dollars would prob. still be in the bank.
  • Sorry to hear about your loss! This is why I keep everything in my Safety Deposit Box--at $30 to $50 per year it is worth it!! Bill
    Curmudgeon in waiting!