Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1865/3 Halfpenny, XF-ish, on eBay, ends ~10 PM EST 1/2/07

HERE

I guess it pays to look at everything with a loupe. This was in a box full of random foreign junk in my dad's safe. Go figure. I doubt he paid more than 50 cents for it.
mirabela

Comments

• Options
    Got it started..... image
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Are those scratches I see to the right of Britannia, most prevalent just below her knee?

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are those scratches I see to the right of Britannia, most prevalent just below her knee? >>

The marks you mean are there, but they are much more pronounced in the pic than in person. Basically, it is just part of the various circulation scuffs & wear in the fields, and you don't see anything that stands out in that spot with the coin in hand. Those particular marks must have caught the light right.

mirabela
  • Options
    It's still there.

By the way, since I don't usually spend any time over here, being more a US coins guy myself, if it is poor etiquette to bump this now and then, let me know by posting or PM and I will stop doing it. Obviously, I want to promote this thing I am selling, but I do not wish to annoy anybody.

Cheers --

MD
    mirabela
  • Options

<< <i>It's still there.

By the way, since I don't usually spend any time over here, being more a US coins guy myself, if it is poor etiquette to bump this now and then, let me know by posting or PM and I will stop doing it. Obviously, I want to promote this thing I am selling, but I do not wish to annoy anybody.

Cheers --

MD >>

I'm not a regular here either--but this would get lost on the BST forum. It doesn't annoy me, although it might not be accepted by regulars--guess they'll have to tell you. This forum doesn't seem to move quite as quickly as the US side (30 or 40 threads a day). Must say I prefer the more relaxed pace--also no US Mint threads!!

Bill image
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options
    ttt
    mirabela
  • Options
    It gotz bidz!!image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the experts convinced this is the overdate?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    ends tonight ~10 PM EST.

<< <i>are the experts convinced this is the overdate >>

None have weighed in. It is tough to see in the pic, but with a loupe the underdate is pretty unmistakeable. In any case, I have a full return policy. Heck, buy it, don't like it, I'll refund your s&h too.
    mirabela
  • Options
    From the bids I'd say confidence is high on the variety. Spink list it at 285£ in British XF, so how high will it go???image

$131 cool! image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders