Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Winner Revealed in last post.

Well, after speaking to a few people, it has come to my attention that 1 or more people on this forum feel I am a thief. With that being said, I am going to give away the only coin I ever received in a tag/swap. I will pick a random winner Christmas morning, and once I receive their shipping information, I will no longer be coming to this forum. I am a Marine, not a thief, and will not be accused of being one.

1881-S PCGS MS63PL Morgan Dollar.

All you have to do is post here.

My letter to Augie.

Augie,

Here is why I feel your actions reguarding this tag are completly two faced against two different people. I know your going to rally back, but you have to at least admit where im coming from is correct.

Nov 27th, I received the package
Dec 3rd, I updated the list with the new contents
Dec 3rd, pm sent to me with eyoung429 shipping information
Dec 5th, I am accused of being a thief (not by you), and wish to replace the original contents of my trade, and ship the box to you for verification to release me of any liability. You did not want this.
Dec 14th, Package is shipped
Dec 16th, Package was attempted to be delivered, however no one was there to sign for it

At this point, my process is over, which took 19 days, from receipt, to first delivery, which included a 2 day dead time between the point where you send the shipping information, and I actually received it due to being out of town.

During this point in time, you change the thread name, post in MY giveaway thread degrading me, still have your thread aimed at degrading me, and completly humiliate me in front of the entire forums. Without getting personal, I try to explain that I am busy, and have a lot of things to do running a business... I said this because I didnt want to explain to the entire ******* world that my mother is a crack adict and had to go to the hospital because she almost died of an overdose. She inherited $63,XXX from my aunts death, and has managed to blow approx $20,000 of it on crack.

Thats why I wasnt around here much, and why I couldnt get to the post office. Neither here or there... I did not adhere to the TAG rules as posted... so you have a right to be upset...

HERES WHERE I GET PISSED (Im sure you allready know whats coming)

Oct 20th, Boom posts saying he received the package on the 19th.
Oct 24th, Boom says hes going through the package, and should have things updated by the evening. Later on that night, he does update his post with new package information.
Oct 26th, Claychaser requests the package
Oct 30th, The package gets shipped
Nov 3rd, Package delivered.

Total time in process... 16 days, a mere 3 less then mine. Were there EVER any deragatory posts about him? No. Did you ever change the name of the thread to degrade him? No. Did you ever so much as post a single thing other then "any updates?"? NO.

Granted, im sure you guys were in contact by phone... yet you have my phone number, and even made a comment stating you were going to try to contact me from work since you have a 800 number, and dont want to pay big money trying to "track me down" also implying that I have been avoiding you. Did I EVER receive a phone call? Nope... did you ever post that up saying you never tried to call? Nope... once again, making me look like the bad guy. Did you EVER even give me your phone number so I could call you? Nope. So, you make me look like a complete ass across the entire forums... even when though this same situation has been relived by a different person. This situation in itself has caused me to lose a lot of respect for you reguarding this. I am going to post this entire message for all to see, and let them determine how they feel. I am also asking you to apologize for singling me out when others have done similar things.

Respectfully Submitted

William J Bennett
Cpl, USMC

Comments

• Options
    Nice givaway 30anv... sad to hear your leaving, you sound pretty nice to me... well thanks for the givaway.
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Sorry to hear about that. Sometimes your replies might be a little slow but I wouldn't call you a thief.

Please enter me in your generous giveaway (BTW: this coin would have been mine if you hadn't grabbed it first)

Millertime
  • Options
    Sorry to see you go.

Please enter me in the giveaway.
  • Options
    add me to the random giveaway, hate to hear you are doing it for the reason listed, all trades can be resolved. Its ok to have a mutual disagreement but don't let words inflate to name calling.

Bill Holland
    L@@king for graded silver eagles 1986-date MS69 preferred
  • Options
    Hate to see you leave. please enter me.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    hey, didn't we swap once whan you were in japan, you sent one box that never came and then you did send a second one that did get here.
    I don't think your a thief, Marines wouldn't do that to Americans- maybe Iraqies though

Jim

Please include me in your giveaway
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    raycycaraycyca Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭
    People here can be pretty rough. Sometimes they get over trivial matters, sometimes not. Like the military (I'm retired), you can't please everyone, so don't even try. You should at least stay here and observe even if you don't post. They are a LOT of lurkers! Good luck. Ray
    You only live life once, enjoy it like it's your last day. It just MIGHT be!

• Options

<< <i>hey, didn't we swap once whan you were in japan, you sent one box that never came and then you did send a second one that did get here.
    I don't think your a thief, Marines wouldn't do that to Americans- maybe Iraqies though

Jim

Please include me in your giveaway >>

Musky... your the ONLY person on these forums that has a rightful reason to complain or accuse me of being a thief... and what you said in your response is true... I have no idea what happened to the first box... but im glad that the second one made it at least.
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry to hear about that. Sometimes your replies might be a little slow but I wouldn't call you a thief.

Please enter me in your generous giveaway (BTW: this coin would have been mine if you hadn't grabbed it first)

Millertime >>

I know... I thought about giving it to you anyways... but decided that I would give back to the forums, what I have gotten from it.
  • Options
    i don't know you personally, but i'd encourage you to stick around.
  • Options
    like most things, possibly we can work through it here... but you'll have to fill
    in more details image
  • Options
    Its not a matter of details... Its simple... there is at least 1 person on these forums, who is a very active member, that feels as though I am a thief. That truely pisses me off to the point of not wanting to be around. Everytime I see his name, I get mad. This has been verified through messages between him and I, and a couple others.

Granted, I dont get on here everyday sometimes, I am slow about getting things out... but I am a Marine, and I do own 1 business, and am a partner in a franchise... I just dont have the time or energy to get on here some days.
  • Options
    stick around 30anv... and if anyone is going to call someone out as a thief, at least have the nads to do
    it out in the open.
  • Options
    Thats pretty much what I said in a direct pm to him. I have never had a direct swap with this guy (or girl... im not really sure) so I dont know where he gets off with his bs... but this makes me so damn mad... Im not a thief.
  • Options
    I liked your posts! Sad to see you leaving.
    Count me in for the giveaway...
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options

<< <i>I liked your posts! Sad to see you leaving.
    Count me in for the giveaway... >>

lol... not sure why... they never really had any substance to them.
  • Options
    Don't let one of these image's comments bother you
    Some people have no idea what they are talking about

Why be mad, all you do is hurt yourself

If you leave the boards-who wins?????

The other person, that's who

Stay and enjoy the good things and forget about the badimage

Sorry, Didn't know all the facts before,now I do

Jim

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>hey, didn't we swap once whan you were in japan, you sent one box that never came and then you did send a second one that did get here.

Jim

Please include me in your giveaway >>

Musky... your the ONLY person on these forums that has a rightful reason to complain or accuse me of being a thief... and what you said in your response is true... I have no idea what happened to the first box... but im glad that the second one made it at least. >>

I never told anybody about our swap and what went on until tonight, Nobody needs to know. everything turned out allright!!!

hey, and since you already have my addy. You can send that Morgan my wayimage

Jim

• Options
    I'm sorry to see you go, but please enter me in your very generous giveaway!
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for serving our country and I would love that coin!
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    William,

I would like to be included in this giveaway, but not before saying a few things out in the open.

Someone running another TAG asked me about you & I basically said what you already said yourself......you're slow in responding, probably to your own deteriment. Some of the coins you missed out because you're not online in my Tag where pretty nice (OK, not great, but nice).
    That you didn't verify the coins you got, but rather copied & pasted old information. You re-verified & made the necessary corrections.
    But the bottom line is that you could be trusted, which supersedes everything else, and that's what I told the other member.

Obviously, someone thinks otherwise & you have let him get under your skin.
    It is too bad when something can't be worked out between members, and if there's anything I can do to help out just let me know.

I have PM'ed you on the other PM I sent to another member, but seeing what he wrote here, that was not a problem.

Augie
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    If it troubles you so much, send it to the person who you Have the issue with. Then hang around. Semper fi
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    KISHU1KISHU1 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance

Frankimage
  • Options

<< <i>William,

I would like to be included in this giveaway, but not before saying a few things out in the open.

Someone running another TAG asked me about you & I basically said what you already said yourself......you're slow in responding, probably to your own deteriment. Some of the coins you missed out because you're not online in my Tag where pretty nice (OK, not great, but nice).
    That you didn't verify the coins you got, but rather copied & pasted old information. You re-verified & made the necessary corrections.
    But the bottom line is that you could be trusted, which supersedes everything else, and that's what I told the other member.

Obviously, someone thinks otherwise & you have let him get under your skin.
    It is too bad when something can't be worked out between members, and if there's anything I can do to help out just let me know.

I have PM'ed you on the other PM I sent to another member, but seeing what he wrote here, that was not a problem.

Augie >>

Augie,

Your words do mean a lot. Its nice to know that from those directly involved with (Augie, Musky, Ron from Rons Coin & Currency) at least have faith in me. Ron sent me a coin in a hurry, because I needed it, with my word on a check in the mail. Im not sure who he spoke with on the forums to give him the information he needed to trust me... but it was nice to know.

Granted, im slow to respond a lot, things get busy with the business, and I simply cant keep up with that... let alone my "fun" things. Ill stick around... but my participation in the tags/swaps may be limited. My giveaway still stands... I got it from the forums, and Im willing to give it back to the forums. Coins is just a hobby for me... im 22... and its something I enjoy to have, look at, ect. I dont know why I collect them, or what I should collect... right now im on a war nickle kick... well see what it is next week. Keep entering... the coin is up for grabbs.
  • Options
    TCoinsTCoins Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Please enter me in your give-away. I love morgans but do not own any "PL". This would be awesome.

BTW - Glad to see your staying. You can't make everyone happy. Some people hate themselves let alone others. Forget what some idiot is snickering. You know your not a thief. Keep your head high and move forward.
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for serving! I appreciate it.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Thanks for the giveaway William.
  • Options
    Hi,I do not know you at all ,who started all that crap?
    Well ,I hate to see people get angry and upset about little things ,life is to short.

good luck and take care

semper fi. MoJo

cool giveawayimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Count me in but please stick around.image
  • Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    Please throw my name in the hat.

Thanks for the chance.
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, after speaking to a few people, it has come to my attention that 1 or more people on this forum feel I am a thief. With that being said, I am going to give away the only coin I ever received in a tag/swap. I will pick a random winner Christmas morning, and once I receive their shipping information, I will no longer be coming to this forum. I am a Marine, not a thief, and will not be accused of being one.

1881-S PCGS MS63PL Morgan Dollar.

All you have to do is post here. >>

I am sorry that you will not back coming back. Thanks for serving our country. Please toss my name into the hat for your giveaway!

Thanks,

TorinoCobra71

• Options
    mcheathmcheath Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭
    i wouldn't let the feelings of one or two forum members bother you. please enter me into you giveaway and best of luck in the future.

edited to add: i just read that last few posts and i am glad you are staying around. dont let one or two forum members stop you from enjoying and learning about the hobby. also thank you for serving the country.
  • Options
    sorry to here you are leaving, please enter me in your giveaway.
  • Options
    Some people take this coin thing way too seriously. I love collecting/investing and if someone bugs me I blast them off my radar and move on. You know what caliber of person you are and that's what's important.
    Oh yeah...I would love the Morgan
  • Options

Stick around and give the coin to a YN..."-)

Thanks for your service to our country...

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chance...
    to be free
    to win the Morgan
    to watch you stick around!
  • Options
    Please enter my son Stephen in your give-away!!!

Glad to have you stick around....
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    As with the Usenet they're always people who love to create 'drama' (for the attention)

I honestly don't know the circumstances that lead to your decision to leave CU but do reconsider...

You have as much right to post here as your accuser.. Simply ignore them & let's get back to Coins image

**PLEASE enter me in this very generous giveaway..
  • Options
    Dear fellow Marine---Count me in----and a BIG BUT I don't recall Marines whinning about what someone said or thought about them. Get down and gimme twenty puke. Stand up for yourself ALWAYS. I wouldn't let some penty ante scumbag say anything about me that wasn't true. Stand tall, these words or any words against you should fall off your uniform when they hit and fire back in a fury. AND further the panty waste will have to answer to you WHILE you are HERE. Don't EVER run away.
    Semper Fi
    John
    CPL
    USMC ret
    VMA221
    Its a foul ball by a fair margin.
  • Options
    tggrtggr Posts: 748
    Please include me in your giveaway
  • Options
    keezkeez Posts: 842
    Please add me to your giveaway. Don't be driven out by the things others say.
  • Options
    Please add me to your giveaway.

Thanks for chance...
  • Options
    Wow,... Nice giveaway.
    Please put me on list...

Hate to hear about your negative experience and please reconsider your decision.
    There are a lot more positives and positive people on this forum.. don't let this negative push you away.
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving - - I hope some of the responses above have convinced you to stay. Look at it this way..... it could be worse - - this could be happening on the LITESIDE!! imageimage

In the meantime, please allow me to separate you from that lovely coin via your giveaway!

Thanks, and hope to continue seeing you posting here!

- - Daveimage
  • Options
    Semper Fi........please count me in.
  • Options
    papabearpapabear Posts: 849 ✭✭
    Please enter me in your generous giveaway.
    Thanks for serving our country!

Papabear image
  • Options
    I don't know what transpired, but i would appreciate being part of the giveaway
  • Options
    I think in the end you'll stick around. Nothing or No-One gets a Marine down for such a little thing.

Please enter me in your drawing.

Semper Fi.........

Dick.......Alfa Co., 1/26 Marines 1967-69 - Hills 881-861 Khe Sanh (Boy does typing that bring back memories)
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    count me in on the giveaway and sorry about grief there
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    count me in.

thanks

Craig