Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I Feel This Has "Eye Appeal"; 1913 German 2M (Lg Pics)

This one has "Eye Appeal" in my opinion. Picked this one up from NE Numismatics. For me this was one of those "Wow" coins. It just struck me as real nice?

NE Numismatics Pics
imageimage

My Pics

Comments

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Behold, young Cosmic von Cache.image

Excellent images. Be warned, the Darkside quicksand is all about.image
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn! The reverse of that thing is one of the coolest designs I've ever seen. image
  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Very sweet piece
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Behold, young Cosmic von Cache. >>

imageimageimage

I like it!
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options

<< <i>Very sweet piece >>

imageimage
  • Options
    I _REALLY like that eagle !!!!

Wish the US coins would use a similar design (maybe with the 'war' eagle perched on top of the "Great Seal") ?
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Very Nice Coin! Nice pics, too image - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NICE

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I Feel This Has "Eye Appeal"

I feel The same.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    koincollectkoincollect Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    Very nice and artistic. Nice pictures too! Congrats on this acquisition!
  • Options
    Lee,

Nice pick up and great pics, image I think you have a pattern coin, but don't hold me to that.

cacheman can tell you for certain, I'm just guessing, but the X 1B is a clue .image

Anyhoo............here is a pattern I own, it doesn't have the "Eye Appeal" that your coin has, as a matter of fact the coin looks to have a few problem spots. When I bought the coin I was clueless and will not be making that mistake again.

I need to reshoot the coin, these were some of the first pics I ever took.

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Thanks for the compliments guys! I'm very happy with it. Herb those are interesting designsimage
  • Options
    Lee,

Did cacheman ever reply to your PM.

BTW........the game was small last night, 6 people...........I walked away with money<----------------this makes it coin related...image

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice !!
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    Awesome coin LeeG. I love German coins like this.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Thanks Cameron!

<< <i>Did cacheman ever reply to your PM. >>

Not yet Herb.

Just got this sent to me via email.image

In 1913 Karl Goetz designed his first patterns. He made two sets, one depicting Emperor Wilhelm II, on its obverse side, and the other set showing King Ludwig of Bavaria, also on the obverse side. The reverses for both sets are identical. The pattern sets were made in pure silver and number only six sets of each (I own one of the Bavarian sets). Goetz was not allowed to sell any 'after strikes" in rare metals according to law so he struck up five coin sets in values of 2, 3, 5, 10 and 20 Mark pieces. The metals used were either brass, bronze, bronze-copper, or copper. Any of these metals, with the exception of the brass, can also be found in silver gilt (versilbert) or gold gilded (vergoldet) examples. The bronze and copper examples are the most prevalent. None of these patterns (K-76,K-77) were accepted as designs for regular currencies. In the case of these Emperor Wilhelm II and King Ludwig patterns, the outbreak of World War I and its outcome determined the fate of these pieces. They were discarded when the rulers were deposed. There are examples made from gold and platinum too but these were probably struck after it was known that the patterns would not become official German coinage. Goetz made many more pattern designs but none were ever accepted as coinage.
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Here's a small 10 Mark silver piece I picked up from Moeller's shop when I was over visiting Germany.