Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

EBAY-20th Anniversary SAE PR70DCAM (Wow!)

Auction link.

Sorely tempted to put my one 70 up for sale. Alas that kind of price won't last.
"It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." - Brendan Behan

Proud Participant in Operation "Stone Holey" August 7, 2008

Comments

• Options
    a fool and his money are soon partedimage
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>At the time of this auction there are only 11 of this grade in PCGS's Population! >>

And, next week there will be hundreds.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, and to think this coin can be purchased for $27.95 from the Mint, the exact coin. Well not exactly, but who could tell the difference??

morgans
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Russ, whats happinin??
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    All is madness.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the title only I hope the buyer realizes he is only getting the one coin.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is just so wrong.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    All is well in this land of Coinalot............!!!!!!!
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    Not Coinalot. King ArtR would never allow something so

wrong, to disturb the tranquility of the Realm.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Crazy, The same coin without the Anniversary label goes for $300.

Glad I don't need it for a registry collection.
  • Options
    ridiculous
  • Options
    I really feel bad for the poor dumb bastich.

I hope he doesn't have to sell too soon.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    'Tis true Bear..the peace and tranquility has been disturbed..........for quite some time now..!!
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    OK. I've been trying to bite my tongue but you guys are starting to get out of control. I have to step forward and defend the sale. Hey, so far there are very few of these coins available. The plethora of coins in this grade expected in the future is pure speculation as there aren't nearly as many coming out 70 as there were with the gold coins or the buffalos. This is a very popular collecting series and demand for this coin for personal or registry sets will be substantial.

Besides, some random forum member(s) may have one for sale. image

--Jerry
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    No surprise. After all...it has been especially graded "First Strike"

<< <i>It is very rare to find a single perfect coin like this, especially graded First Strike, PR70DCAM by PCGS, the #1 grading company. .... As an investment, it is tough to go wrong due to the small mintage and the super low PCGS Population for this coin! >>

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An endless loop! Now the seller can buy another 10 unopened sets and start all over again!
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Just to set the record straight. Currently there are over 470 2006 SAE PR70DCAMS graded to date by PCGS. Not rare or scarce at all. The one in the set is the exact same variety. There is no difference.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just to set the record straight. Currently there are over 470 2006 SAE PR70DCAMS graded to date by PCGS. Not rare or scarce at all. The one in the set is the exact same variety. There is no difference. >>

Objection. Witness is deliberately omitting evidence that he knows will persuade the bidder. --Jerry
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>At the time of this auction there are only 11 of this grade in PCGS's Population! >>

And, next week there will be hundreds.

Russ, NCNE >>

Russ you right look at the 70 DCAM for the 2006 Anniv gold proof pop. grew from 31 to60 .....wait on the silver sets... seems a mad rush for submitting the silvers will yield more numbers
  • Options
    Ohhhh....the power of "First Strike!" $$$ image
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Morgans Forever,
    Make you a deal. I buy one for $27 at the mint, and trade it to you for one graded 70 by PCGS. I will even add $25 for the grading!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, and to think this coin can be purchased for $27.95 from the Mint, the exact coin. Well not exactly, but who could tell the difference??

morgans >>

Exactly, Plus the Mintage for the Regular Proof will probably be 1 MILLION coins !!!

They ususally sell around 750,000 singles. Now add the 250,000 from the 3 coin set.

The Rev. Pr. in both the Gold and Silver set are the key dates.

Second is the Unc. "W".

Third is the Regular Proof.

• Options
    Actually, I agree the key for both will be the reverse in term. However, in terms of grading, the AGE PF70DCAM is the most difficult to get. I realize that there are plenty of 2006 Gold Proofs. However, people are really seeing the registry and slab aspect on these sets and are will to pay for it.

In terms of the Silver auction mention, that auction was mine. I was very suprised and thrilled by how high the coin got. I noticed a couple people suggest tricky marketing and that wasn't the case at all. The auction is VERY clear that it is a single coin, even in the sub-title of the auction as well as in the body. I was just one of the first to list it in an auction format that allowed bidding to go. I think there is a lot of demand (right or wrong) for this set, specifically PCGS 70 graded with First Strike. I didn't create the market, I just put the coin out there. Every other 20th Anniversary Silver PF70DCAM has gone at full BIN pricing or is continuing to go up in value via auction.

I didn't take major offense but I wasn't thrilled about it being suggested I marketed this improperly. If someone is not reading the auction completely, even the sub-title, there is nothing I can do. But from what I can see happening with the AGE PCGS sets compared to NGC, this fits the same pattern and I imagine we will see similiar results ahead.

Swest

• Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭
    So I can still order as many as 10 sets from the mint on their website for $1000?

Sure!
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    You can buy the whole NGC 70 ASE 20th Anniversary Set for only $7000.00 on Coin Vault. Talk about a ripoff. They are still trying to sell the AGE 70 set for 11,000.
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

The cut off date for FS was in doubt. Now that the date is for all unopened boxes, postmarked from the Mint, prior to 11/11, hunderds of 70's will be added to the supply.

The price may remain high, but not this high.

It pays to be first.

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    Winning bidder name "valuedeals4less". I hope they don't think they got a deal for less image
  • Options
    The Coin Vault. Just changed the price on the 20th anniversary Silver set from 6999 to 4999 they said the 2nd run of silver coins from the mint are comming back better No spotting problems it looks like they are fixing the spot problem and alot more will be graded 70 Hope it is true . I just got my set 2 days ago and going to submit them before the 11-11-06 Maybe some 70 out of themimage
    Brian
  • Options
    Well it looks like two more PR70DCAM sold at $1999.95 now.

So a new high has been set.

Swest
  • Options
    Sorry, was supposed to be a PM.image
    Camelotimage
  • Options

<< <i>Norman, I have come to believe, if you look deep

enough at any world leader, you will find anti jewish

tendencies in various degrees. The powerful ruling class,

tend to look down upon the that portion Abraham's children

that didn't inherit the lands with oil. I guess our contributions to science, medicine

technology, literature, music, psychology, theater and atomic energy are not as important

as oil. I wonder what the ratio of Jewish Nobel winners to Muslim Nobel winners would be?

Regards, Abe

For such a small number of people, we sure cause a whole lot of folks to be worried about us. >>

Uhh... why is this posted in this thread?image
  • Options
    Am I missing something here....Secret code for some Ebay transaction??? If you take every 4 letter and read it backwards it still makes no sense
  • Options
    Oh Wise Bear......................................image
  • Options

<< <i>Uhh... why is this posted in this thread?image >>

I think someone's honey fermented.
  • Options
    Old bear - you are strange.

BTW, I kept one of those PR70DCAMs...kinda wish I sold it lol...

Swest
  • Options
    Afraid not, got to leave some money for my new grandson.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    NeoStarNeoStar Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
    Bear has a new grandson? Congrats!!! image
  • Options
    ddinkddink Posts: 2,748

<< <i>This listing (280042584520) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number. >>

???
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This listing (280042584520) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number. >>

??? >>

Expired...more than 6 months.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file