Home Sports Talk
Options

Fan Who Taunted Mutombo Banned by NBA

stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
Fan Who Taunted Mutombo Banned by NBA
Magic Fan Allegedly Used Racial Epithet
AP Sports

ORLANDO, Fla. (Oct. 30) - The fan who allegedly directed a racial slur at Houston Rockets center Dikembe Mutombo was banned for the season Monday by the NBA and Orlando Magic.

Dikembe Mutombo admitted he has forgiven the fan, but said the ban was out of his hands.

Season-ticket holder Hooman Hamzehloui allegedly called Mutombo a "monkey" Thursday at a preseason game between the Rockets and the Magic. Mutombo - a native of Zaire, which is now called the Democratic Republic of Congo - yelled back at Hamzehloui and gestured from the court.

Hamzehloui was ejected from the game. The league said Hamzehloui is also barred from attending games at any NBA arena this season. Orlando said it will refund his season-ticket payment.

Mutombo said after the game he would go into the stands if it ever happened again, but told Houston television station KRIV on Monday that he has already forgiven Hamzehloui.

"I will not say that I am happy about it," Mutombo said about the NBA's decision to ban Hamzehloui. "It is out of my hands. I have done my job. I have forgiven him.

"Whatever the commissioner and the league does, that's not my area."

NBA spokesman Tim Frank said no action was taken against Mutombo and the matter was closed.

Hamzehloui sent Mutombo a letter of apology obtained by The Associated Press. In it, he promised $5,000 to the charity of Mutombo's choice and vowed not to attend any games until the 7-foot-2 center gave his blessing.

"I am by no means a racist, and if you only knew me better you would never begin to have those thoughts," Hamzehloui wrote. "What I am guilty of is poor judgment in the use of words while doing what I do to many of the visiting team's players, 'heckle them."'

Hamzehloui asked to meet with Mutombo to apologize in person.

Mutombo told KRIV that Hamzehloui's promise to make a charitable donation "meant a lot" to him but a personal apology was not necessary.

"I thoroughly respect you as a player and as a human being and my only motivation when I have my fun at the games is to 'get under the player's skin' no matter what color that skin happens to be," Hamzehloui wrote.

A message was left seeking comment from Hamzehloui late Monday afternoon.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I guess now it's names, not sticks and stones, that hurt.
  • Options
    Can't wait to see this on sportscenter soon, accompanied by hordes of German soccer flags waving Swastikas around.
  • Options
    This isn't an exact correlation but guys like this and scumbags like Mel Gibson, obvious bigots, racists, anti-semites, etc., "always" seem to apologize after they've been "caught" so to speak or placed in uncompromising sutuations. What, they can't control themselves before they say this crap? It's only when nobody jumps on their filthy bandwagons of hate do these vermin become contrite.

Any doubts this POS will still call Mutombo racist names behind his back or that Gibson will continue to make anti-semitic remarks in private conversations among his friends? - no doubt in my mind. These pigs really aren't fooling anybody with their half-hearted apologies.
  • Options
    good...less idiot fans in the stands, the better

NBA games are not government sponsored events, so free speach laws do not apply.
  • Options

<< <i>NBA games are not government sponsored events, so free speach laws do not apply. >>

Exactly. Pimp on.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Does anyone think that this hasn't happened countless times before?

Does anyone think this isn't anything more than a PR move by the NBA to show they 'care'?

Does this, in the grand scheme of things, do anything at all?

No one is condoning what was said, but it's awfully strange the legs this story has grown.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    only strange to racists like you axtell. many here remember your racist comments directed at pandrews. maybe you should be banned from the boards.

steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>only strange to racists like you axtell. many here remember your racist comments directed at pandrews. maybe you should be banned from the boards. >>

Banned for what? And racist? Hardly.

Look, fans at sporting events EVERYWHERE get ugly. Don't pretend like it's this one isolated case of someone blurting out a racial epithet. Don't pretend the NBA is going to regulate every single case of this happening.

It's terrible it happened, it will continue to happen.

Now, pipe down.
  • Options

<< <i>Does anyone think that this hasn't happened countless times before?

Does anyone think this isn't anything more than a PR move by the NBA to show they 'care'?

Does this, in the grand scheme of things, do anything at all?

No one is condoning what was said, but it's awfully strange the legs this story has grown. >>

The only reason(in my opinion of course) that this story was given attention was that Mutombo reacted to the comment while on court. He could've just told someone while on the bench and pointed out the idiot. But, Mutombo is one guy who has done SO MUCH for his own and he(as all people of course, but him especially) didn't deserve to be racially harassed. Of course, in the grand scheme of it all this will do nothing. But, it may(hopefully) set a precedent on how in the future American professional leagues punish such acts. Although, if I was the Orlando Magic, I certainly wouldn't have only revoked his season passes for this season. I've heard similar outbursts while at minor league games(I've only attended home games of my hometown SAL A ball team) and luckily for those players, our fans love our hometown team and have gotten past the very racial past. Not from those who's families always lived in my hometown, but just the influx of "up north" transfers like my family from northern NJ(moved from South Plainfield NJ in 1985).
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    I'm not pretending anything.

fact: you are a racist. it was PROVEN by comments you made to Pandrews

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    <<< It's terrible it happened, it will continue to happen. >>>

I've been to a lot of live sporting events, college and pro, and I have never heard a racist or anti-semitic comment spewed from any fan - ever.

Will it continue to happen? - of course it will and it must be taken care of...one scumbag at a time. It's when things such as this don't get taken care of, is when there is a problem in society. Think what happened to the Jews in Germany, Africans in the world slave trade, Indians in North and South America, and other historical examples of systematic exploitation and extermination of a group of peoples can't happen again? Yes it absolutely can happen again unless we remain constantly vigilant against this. The problem starts with calling a black player a monkey, making a Jew wear a yellow Star of David on their clothing, and making statements such as "The only good Indian is a dead Indian." It starts with words and subtle actions, and ends up with gas chambers and mass gravesites.

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.
  • Options

<< <i>
    I've been to a lot of live sporting events, college and pro, and I have never heard a racist or anti-semitic comment spewed from any fan - ever.
    >>

While I myself have never heard such things, I find it difficult to believe that they don't happen. Ignorance about different people + sports competition + alcohol consumption = lots of moronic things being said.

<< <i>Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it. >>

No one is forgetting the past...and surely no one is advocating what the guy said as acceptable. The NBA has banned the guy who said this from all NBA games for a year, even though Mutombo, who the slur was directed at, has accepted the guy's apology and said let's move on. Anyone who thinks this is nothing more than a PR move by the NBA is kidding themselves. Stern and the league could care less what people say - I am sure there are all sorts of terrible things said at all sporting events (anyone care to imagine what types of things were verbally hurled at TO when he returned to Philly?) as an example.

The fact this happened a couple days before the season opened, with a majority of NBA players being black is why this guy received a one year ban from the NBA, more so than anything he said.
  • Options
    with a majority of NBA players being black is why this guy received a one year ban from the NBA,

Typical bigot reply from the closet racist axhole.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Anyone know the nationality of the heckler ?
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    From what I saw and hear, the fan was of arabic descent. So this is NOT a white/black thing!

And Axtell, you are correct, I am sure there is much more said at any and all sporting events that are much worse! You on the otherhand, cannot point that out, because if you do, you are labeled a racist.

About a decade ago, I went to a Pistons game with some friends, there were a couple black fans in our viscinity, that told my friends and I that "we do not even belong here," because of our race. I know that because they called us "krackers." Thinking back on then, I can see why I hate basketball and will never attend another game. I sure hope nobody sits there and thinks that racial expressions are a one sided street!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone know the nationality of the heckler ? >>

He was white.

<< <i>The fact this happened a couple days before the season opened, with a majority of NBA players being black is why this guy received a one year ban from the NBA, more so than anything he said. >>

That has to be one of the most racist comments I've ever heard on these boards.

No, I take that back...

That is the most racist comment ever said on these boards.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Anyone know the nationality of the heckler ? >>

He was white.

<< <i>The fact this happened a couple days before the season opened, with a majority of NBA players being black is why this guy received a one year ban from the NBA, more so than anything he said. >>

No, I take that back...

That is the most racist comment ever said on these boards. >>

Season-ticket holder Hooman Hamzehloui.....that name surely does not evoke white to me!
  • Options
    They first reported it on our local station as him being white. With a name of Hooman Hamzehloui , he most likely is not.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>They first reported it on our local station as him being white. With a name of Hooman Hamzehloui , he most likely is not. >>

THIS IS NOT A RACIST COMMENT, but if that man is white, then he surely has a dark tan!
  • Options
    And some proof regarding Axtey being a racist.

<< The fact this happened a couple days before the season opened, with a majority of NBA players being black is why this guy received a one year ban from the NBA, more so than anything he said. >>

No, I take that back...

That is the most racist comment ever said on these boards.

Stown i agree with you.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i> I know that because they called us "krackers." Thinking back on then, I can see why I hate basketball and will never attend another game. I sure hope nobody sits there and thinks that racial expressions are a one sided street! >>

Wouldnt hating a predominantly black sport because " a couple " of black people called you a cracker at a game be considered racist too ?

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>They first reported it on our local station as him being white. With a name of Hooman Hamzehloui , he most likely is not. >>

THIS IS NOT A RACIST COMMENT, but if that man is white, then he surely has a dark tan! >>

For the sake of argument, race is classified in the following manner by the US Census. The heckler if his name truly indicates his family's origin, would be classified as "White."
    Nationality and ethnicity would further indicate his specific heritage.

"The racial classifications used by the Census Bureau adhere to the October 30, 1997, Federal Register Notice entitled "Revisions to the Standards for the Classification of Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity" issued by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).

1. American Indian and Alaska Native. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America) and who maintain tribal affiliation or community attachment.
    2. White. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who indicate their race as "White" or report entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Colombian, Lebanese, Near Easterner, Arab, or Polish.
    3. Black or African American. A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa. It includes people who indicate their race as "Black, African Am., or Negro," or provide written entries such as African American, Afro American, Angolan, Negro, West Indian, Afro-Caribbean, Nigerian, or Haitian, Gullah, Creole, Isleno, West African, Afro-Latin, Afro-Brazillian, Congolese, Americo-Liberian, Bantu, Guinean, Moor, Pygmy and Liberian.
    4. Asian. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, Taiwan, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam. It includes "Asian Indian," "Chinese," "Filipino," "Korean," "Japanese," "Vietnamese," and "Other Asian."
    5. Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands. It includes people who indicate their race as "Native Hawaiian," "Guamanian or Chamorro," "Samoan," and "Other Pacific Islander."
    6. Hispanic. People from Spanish-speaking countries, or the descendants of people from Spanish speaking countries. People who are identified as Black or Amerindian in their country of origin are often reclassified as Hispanic in the United States.
    7. Other. Includes all other responses not included in the "White", "Black or African American", "American Indian and Alaska Native", "Asian" and "Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander" race categories described above. Respondents providing write-in entries such as multiracial, mixed, interracial, Wesort, or a Hispanic/Latino group (for example, Mexican, Puerto Rican, or Cuban) in the "Some other race" category are included here.
    8. Two or more races People may have chosen to provide two or more races either by checking two or more race response check boxes, by providing multiple write-in responses, or by some combination of check boxes and write-in responses."
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Does it only have to be a white person saying something to a black person for it to be racist? I hope no one is insinuating that an Arab person can't be racist towards a black person because that is just down right ignorant.

It matters NONE what decent the heckler was. The NBA did right and the heckler got what he deserved...and actually should be grateful that all that happened was that he lost his season tickets.

There should be no tolerance for racist comments...to professional athletes or someone on the street in any domain.
  • Options

<< <i>Does it only have to be a white person saying something to a black person for it to be racist? I hope no one is insinuating that an Arab person can't be racist towards a black person because that is just down right ignorant. >>

I don't think anyone was saying that - there apparently was some confusion over the heckler's ethnicity...some people actually thought he was white.

<< <i>It matters NONE what decent the heckler was. The NBA did right and the heckler got what he deserved...and actually should be grateful that all that happened was that he lost his season tickets. >>

What would you have proposed they do? Throw him in jail?

<< <i>There should be no tolerance for racist comments...to professional athletes or someone on the street in any domain. >>

Well there apparently was no tolerance in this case...though I think an appropriate punishment would have been kicking him out of the game. A year long ban seems excessive.
  • Options
    Again, why does it even matter if the heckler was white, arab, or any other ethnicity? Why even question it unless a point is trying to be made?

I wasnt proposing that the NBA do anything else other than taking his season tickets...my point was that he was lucky not to get his a$$ beaten!

So being kicked out of one game for yelling racial slurs is enough for you? That's insane. I believe he should be banned from attending games in that arena for life! Live with the consequences of your actions! Kind of shocks me that anyone would be so tolerant...but I guess that depends on your beliefs, eh?
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Again, why does it even matter if the heckler was white, arab, or any other ethnicity? Why even question it unless a point is trying to be made?

I wasnt proposing that the NBA do anything else other than taking his season tickets...my point was that he was lucky not to get his a$$ beaten!

So being kicked out of one game for yelling racial slurs is enough for you? That's insane. I believe he should be banned from attending games in that arena for life! Live with the consequences of your actions! Kind of shocks me that anyone would be so tolerant...but I guess that depends on your beliefs, eh? >>

Well, yeah-- in a sense, I guess, it depends on your beliefs. But it doesn't depend so much on your beliefs surrounding racism as it does your beliefs regarding appropriate justice.

I think stealing is wrong, for instance, but I wouldn't be in favor of throwing a guy in jail for 20 years for stealing a car. By the same token I think calling Mutombo a monkey is 'wrong', so far as that goes, but I think taking a guys' season tickets away seems a little over the top--- especially when you consider everything else you can get away with saying to an NBA player at a game.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with the season ticket holders tix being revoked for a season. Although, if a "settlement" was agreed upon as well as a greivance, I believe said "punishment" should be null/void.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    boop-

I couldn't have put it any better...and it was my point I was trying to make.

While I don't agree with what he said, I can't help but feel the 'we'll ban you from the NBA for a year!' seems excessive.

• Options

<< <i>boop-

I couldn't have put it any better...and it was my point I was trying to make.

While I don't agree with what he said, I can't help but feel the 'we'll ban you from the NBA for a year!' seems excessive. >>

Stop spinning, Tinkerbell. Everyone saw exactly what you said and what your point was.

You are a racist.
  • Options

<< <i>
    You are a racist. >>

Hey moron, say it again and we're going to have a REAL issue.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> I know that because they called us "krackers." Thinking back on then, I can see why I hate basketball and will never attend another game. I sure hope nobody sits there and thinks that racial expressions are a one sided street! >>

Wouldnt hating a predominantly black sport because " a couple " of black people called you a cracker at a game be considered racist too ? >>

Nope, the sport as far as I am concerned, is boring. If racism can be thrown my way, but I am a racist to toss it back, then what is up with that double standard? If hating the sport, means I am a racist, because only "predominantly black" people play it, then call me a racist, but then again, I do NOT care. Lemme sit in the stands and make "black jokes," I would be on the network news at 11. But I am not one who weighs much into double standards as the current state of the media pertains to. As IF John Rocker is a racist because of his current "Speak English" shirts say, well, unless you are CNN! I give him props for wanting immigrants to assimulate to the culture they choose to live in!

If I am a Kracker, then fine, I am a kracker, but if it can be tossed my way, then I can toss it back. Live near the Detroit, and you see all the double standard BS that one dude can stand to hear! Does it make me a racist, the fact that I toss it back, if so, then I suppose I am, and Axtell has not said 1/2 of what I can say, since he is labeled the "racist" on these boards!!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As IF John Rocker is a racist because of his current "Speak English" shirts say, well, unless you are CNN! I give him props for wanting immigrants to assimulate to the culture they choose to live in!

If you need to cite John Rocker, of all people, to make your point, well, then, you make the grade, for sure!

BTW: The word is spelled assimilate.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>As IF John Rocker is a racist because of his current "Speak English" shirts say, well, unless you are CNN! I give him props for wanting immigrants to assimulate to the culture they choose to live in!

If you need to cite John Rocker, of all people, to make your point, well, then, you make the grade, for sure!

BTW: The word is spelled assimilate. >>

OH, sorry Mr. English! To make my point, I cite John Rocker, and what in the world did he say, that is entirely incorrect? OH wait, it is because he spoke his mind about New Yawk, aww, poor lil innocent New Yawk! I have a "Speak English" shirt, bought off his website, and I wear it proudly when I fill up my gas at a non-English speaking gas station! They know what the shirt says by the way, but still cannot tell me what my total cost for gas and a coke is, in English!
  • Options
    I have a "Speak English" shirt, bought off his website, and I wear it proudly when I fill up my gas at a non-English speaking gas station! They know what the shirt says by the way, but still cannot tell me what my total cost for gas and a coke is, in English!

What I find most hilarious about the above post is actually one of your previous posts when you prefaced what you were about to say by saying "I don't mean to be racist" but....

I think we all know the answer now...

And John Rocker, well, yes, it's true he used the backdrop of NYC to spew his racist bile, but such ignorance transcends geographic boundaries, and you are an ignorant jerk for idolizing this clown to the extent where you actually bought a t-shirt off his website. I didn't even know he had a web site, lol! Guess that whole spiel he had about learning from his mistakes, and that he's not actually like that, blah blah blah, was a crock of chit after all. What a hero to be proud of!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I have a "Speak English" shirt, bought off his website, and I wear it proudly when I fill up my gas at a non-English speaking gas station! They know what the shirt says by the way, but still cannot tell me what my total cost for gas and a coke is, in English!

What I find most hilarious about the above post is actually one of your previous post when you prefaced what you were about to say by saying "This is not racist" but....

I think we all know the answer now...

And John Rocker, well, yes, it's true he used the backdrop of NYC to spew his racist bile, but such ignorance transcends geographic boundaries, and you are an ignorant jerk for idolizing this clown to the extent where you actually bought a t-shirt off his website. I didn't even know he had a web site, lol! Guess that whole spiel he had about learning from his mistakes, and that he's not actually like that, blah blah blah, was a crock of chit after all. What a hero to be proud of! >>

www.johnrocker.net.....what is wrong with he wanting immigrants to follow our culture and values, just like those in other countries would want us to follow in their native land. What though, makes John Rocker a racist? Because he spoke his mind about a city who tossed batteries and quarters at him on his sprint towards the mound? I idolize John Rocker now, just because I believe in the point he is trying to make? The dude who taunted Mutombo is not a white man, and if he is, then I wonder why I am casperish, and it has nothing to do with racism. Racism is OK in the double standard media, if the loser is of caucasian descent, but it is not OK if it is of African, Arab, or whatever descent is in this country. Let me go out, and tell everyone I prefer to be called a Caucasian-American, and let's see what sort of scorn I would take on by everyone! Racism is a double standard, if you hate, or do NOT hate, you are not allowed to speak your mind, unless you are of a minority descent. And for anyone who says I am incorrect, check yourself, cause I see it everyday!
  • Options
    And BTW, if you choose to move to my country I have served, or choose to live in the country I served, then you should speak the language that is perceived to be the #1!
  • Options
    I idolize John Rocker now

• Options

<< <i> I idolize John Rocker now

image >>

Why not take it into the context as to the way it was sent?
  • Options
    I can pretty much guarantee, if a bunch of African-Americans called Darko an H-word, if it works on here, honky, then we would not be having this discussion right now. The dude who called Mutombo a "monkey," was NOT a white man, and trust me, if he were, it would have been blown out of proportion more than it is now! Tell me I am incorrect in that!
  • Options
    Straight from the (Off Your) Rocker web site:

In my own personal experiences, I have lived abroad for over a year of my life, three different times in Puerto Rico and once in Venezuela. During my time in these countries, I did my best to speak their language even though my Spanish is barely adequate.

Wow, I never knew living in Puerto Rico was living abroad, and that Puerto Rico was a country! And this is the guy you idolize? image

• Options
    Living in Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and even Costa Rica, is living abroad, or since this is John Rocker we are talking about, he is not allowed to say how it is, but try to order a meal in France if you do not speak french. I went to London in January, and I had my U.S. Army duffel bag as my luggage bag, and I had muslims on the Underground tell me that "that is the wrong bag to carry around here!" BTW, John Rocker is NOT my hero as you think he is, but his thoughts are my thoughts almost to the tee.

My ONLY hero is my dad, but if you choose to ridicule the deceased, then that is your choice. My dad only paid for his life, 15 years after this country pulled out of Vietnam. My dad's only wish was that his three sons served this country, and all three of his sons did so, even though he died for his country outside of the combat zone, he still wanted his sons to serve. What does that say about others?

I say, if you live in MY country, work in MY country, then you speak THE language of MY country!
  • Options
    Living in Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and even Costa Rica, is living abroad, or since this is John Rocker we are talking about, he is not allowed to say how it is, but try to order a meal in France if you do not speak french. I went to London in January, and I had my U.S. Army duffel bag as my luggage bag, and I had muslims on the Underground tell me that "that is the wrong bag to carry around here!" BTW, John Rocker is NOT my hero as you think he is, but his thoughts are my thoughts almost to the tee.

My ONLY hero is my dad, but if you choose to ridicule the deceased, then that is your choice. My dad only paid for his life, 15 years after this country pulled out of Vietnam. My dad's only wish was that his three sons served this country, and all three of his sons did so, even though he died for his country outside of the combat zone, he still wanted his sons to serve. What does that say about others?

I say, if you live in MY country, work in MY country, then you speak THE language of MY country!

Nice spin try, there, pal, but your posts speak for themselves.

P.S. Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the United States of America.

• Options

<< <i> Living in Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and even Costa Rica, is living abroad, or since this is John Rocker we are talking about, he is not allowed to say how it is, but try to order a meal in France if you do not speak french. I went to London in January, and I had my U.S. Army duffel bag as my luggage bag, and I had muslims on the Underground tell me that "that is the wrong bag to carry around here!" BTW, John Rocker is NOT my hero as you think he is, but his thoughts are my thoughts almost to the tee.

Nice spin try, there, pal, but your posts speak for themselves. >>

Nice spin? Where did I ever say John Rocker is my hero?
  • Options
    I idolize John Rocker now

Obviously, you are are going to feel the way you do, and nothing I or anyone else can say can change that, but to support a racist bigot and ignorant jackass like John Rocker speaks volumes.

• Options
    Living in Puerto Rico is living "abroad"??

WTF?!?!?!

Puerto Rico is part of the USA...though I bet there's a bunch of so called "true Americans" who could not even find it on a map.
  • Options

<< <i>I idolize John Rocker now

Sad. >>

Why not post the original line, from my original post? A person with any common sense can see my hint at sarcasm with the question asked, "I idolize John Rocker now, just because I believe in the point he is trying to make?," so spin that spanky! Oh wait, sorry, I forgot, I am THE forum racist! But I am ONLY a racist, because I will not let a racist walk over me, and if you live anywhere next to a city, such as Detroit, anyone without any blindness can see the BS that comes out of that rat breeding ground!
  • Options

<< <i>Living in Puerto Rico is living "abroad"??

WTF?!?!?!

Puerto Rico is part of the USA...though I bet there's a bunch of so called "true Americans" who could not even find it on a map. >>

I thought no country would wanna claim to be of or part of the USA! Last I saw, Puerto Rico is abroad, as well as Venezuela, but John Rocker cannot speak his mind, because he is labeled in New York, and in the media, as a racist!

If a minority made a racist comment towards myself, since I am white, I have to sit there and take it in today's day and age.....and do not let me hear that it is untrue or false in that belief! I have worked with "African-Americans" in my younger days, and I had to listen to honky this and honky that, day in and day out. But OMG, let me say anything towards them, albeit, jokingly or not, I either a) ran the risk of losing my job, b) ran the risk of being sued, c) ran the risk of having to fight 20 in the parking lot, or d) all the above! It is an utter double standard, and anyone who thinks otherwise, is about as blind and deaf as Helen Keller!
  • Options
    I have a "Speak English" shirt, bought off his website, and I wear it proudly when I fill up my gas at a non-English speaking gas station! They know what the shirt says by the way, but still cannot tell me what my total cost for gas and a coke is, in English!

If hating the sport, means I am a racist, because only "predominantly black" people play it, then call me a racist, but then again, I do NOT care. Lemme sit in the stands and make "black jokes,"

As I said before, your posts speak for themselves. I happen to find them offensive, but hey, that's just me.

• Options
    What is wrong with myself believing that anyone in my country should speak english? I am sick of filling up at my local gas station, and the attendant behind the counter cannot even tell me how much I owe him, in between his talk on his cell phone, and said attendant only points to the register as to what my bill is.

And, it is ok for a black person to make honky jokes, whether they are flat out jokes, or malicious in content. Said basketball game I went to, had to be vacated by myself and my friends, because alleged security would do nothing about it. It was either leave, or throw fists. But that is right along the lines of the double standard that is allowable in the status quo, "because my family had slaves," although my family came from Italy at the turn of last century. Ray "Chocolate City" Nagin is in no way or no how a racist. Kanye "Bush does not care about black people" West can say what he wants to say too, even though I saw a Canadian white man look puzzled in the same breath! Appears to be a double standard to myself! And if you find it offensive, then you are just in denial as to how things really are!
  • Options
    The problem is that it is NOT ok for a black person to call a white person kracker or honky. That is obviously also racism. There are ways to fight racism other than being racist back.

The use of racism in any form is to support it.

And if any of your beliefs tend to be racist, they are much better kept to yourself and not expressed.

I am not saying this to anyone specifically on this board, I am just making the statement in general.