Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

15,000 post giveaway/contest (prize updated 10/13)

Comments

• Options
    10/14/06@ 2:22 am

this is second/edited guess....actually this is what 1st should have been.....................

VOIDVOIDVOIDVOIDVOIVOIDDVOID
    "SAY NO TO SULFIDE MINING"
    US ARMY WITH THE BIG RED 1, MI NATL. GAURD--1982-1997
  • Options
    Oct 14, 2006 @ 00:15 AM
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Editing posts is cheating and should increase the post count....so, I should win image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    Sat.October 14, 1:00 AM image
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    Congrats on the longevity and all the good posts.
    10/14 07:14
    Thanks for the chance.
    can't get enough!!!
  • Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey - count me in: I went to the University of Wisconsin-Madison !!

Numen Lumen !!!
    “When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

The winner will be announced and verified by Longacre when he return.
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    congrats RYK...contest or no contest, you still have your sanity here after 15,000 posts!
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    RYK, congrats on your 15,000th. You're a great poster and a loyal Steelers fan!

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    RYK,Hell,i am in for the terrible towel.Congratsimage
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats RYK on 15k.

If I am not mistaken, Longacre's audit will show I just missed my terrible towel by 3 minutes image

Your post was 8:06 CST

Baley guessed 5:30 PST - so 7:30 CST - Off by 36 minutes.
    I guessed 8:45 CST - off by 39 minutes.

Close contest. Congrats Baley (Assuming I didn't miss anyone).
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats RYK on 15k.

If I am not mistaken, Longacre's audit will show I just missed my terrible towel by 3 minutes image

Your post was 8:06 CST

Baley guessed 5:30 PST - so 7:30 CST - Off by 36 minutes.
    I guessed 8:45 CST - off by 39 minutes.

Close contest. Congrats Baley (Assuming I didn't miss anyone). >>

StrikeoutXXX,

Since you are a loyal Steelers fan, you will indeed get a Terrible Towel. Please PM me your address.

Baley will get the modern commem and a choice coin from the Battle Axe Collection (and a TT, if he wants one).
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, what a terrific surprise! Thanks for a fun and enjoyable contest, and congrats on your milestone!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    BTW, Strikeout's results are preliminary, pending confirmation by Counselor Longacre. I doubt he will have a problem with the results as posted.

• Options

<< <i>Sunday 10/14 at 8:15pm - you'll be here seeking consolation from a reeling defeat at the hands of the CHIEFS image >>

I learned long ago that the BEST time to trash talk is AFTER the game. Since you called me out, I will relish the opportunity later (it's 28-0 in the second quarter, right now). Unfortunately, I am going to the baseball playoffs tonight and will not be available at your 8:15 PM time.
  • Options
    I gussed 10/14 @12.00...I win You cannot accept those who guessed within hours of you posting. The cutoff should be the day your thread started!
  • Options

<< <i>I gussed 10/14 @12.00...I win You cannot accept those who guessed within hours of you posting. The cutoff should be the day your thread started! >>

Any complaints should be directed to Mr. Longacre.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should win, 'cause I thought that your post would be at 8:06 CST on 10/14. The fact that I did not post same should not stand in the way of fairness.

Congrats on wasting all that time image
  • Options
    I was the 1'st to post 10/14. The so-called winners posted days after you started the contest! Any thread over 24 hours is void!
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    RYK I just want to say Congrat's and I enjoy your post's. Looks like the Steelers may actually win oneimage I'm a Redskins fan so I know how it feelsimage
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was the 1'st to post 10/14. The so-called winners posted days after you started the contest! Any thread over 24 hours is void! >>

Why, I'll bet you could just reach though your monitor and strangle smoeone right about now!
  • Options
    no...not mad just disapointed in a crummy giveaway. He started the contest way too early. Some people just kept waiting until he was real close which was like 4 days from the start of the thread. Probably some of the "circle of trust" bunch. I was the 1'st to post 10/14
  • Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>no...not mad just disapointed in a crummy giveaway. He started the contest way too early. Some people just kept waiting until he was real close which was like 4 days from the start of the thread. Probably some of the "circle of trust" bunch. I was the 1'st to post 10/14 >>

Hey - you may still win - you only need about 15 entries voided in front of you by Counselor Longacre.

BTW - The contest started 10/10 @ 6:52am
    Steve guessed 10/14 on 10/10 @ 7:13am - so he beat you by a day.

My guess was on 10/10 @ 9:50 - 39 minutes off
    Baley who I think won with 36 minutes off guessed @ 10/11 - 11:35 pm

So those who waited to guess until near the end were close - but no cigar anyhow image
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options

<< <i>no...not mad just disapointed in a crummy giveaway. He started the contest way too early. Some people just kept waiting until he was real close which was like 4 days from the start of the thread. Probably some of the "circle of trust" bunch. I was the 1'st to post 10/14 >>

Dude,

It was a clean giveaway. I added prizes over time, added a second winner. I have given away a ton of stuff here: coins, books, Terrible Towels, etc. I have never seen such complaining. image
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he indicated in his guess post that he would be complaining.

congrats to the Steelers on a great game

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>he indicated in his guess post that he would be complaining.

congrats to the Steelers on a great game >>

You are right! I forgit about that.

PBFloyd:
    10/14 06 @ 12.00 am............If a 'circle of trust" member wins I am crying foul!

He is about to disqualify himself for future giveaways!
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and you have a forum attorney? image

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Go ahead and do that . Your prizes are crap, and you have no clear rules.
  • Options

no...not mad just disapointed in a crummy giveaway. He started the contest way too early. Some people just kept waiting until he was real close which was like 4 days from the start of the thread. Probably some of the "circle of trust" bunch. I was the 1'st to post 10/14

Edited: Sunday October 15, 2006 at 5:06 PM by pbfloyd

Go ahead and do that . Your prizes are crap, and you have no clear rules.

Edited: Sunday October 15, 2006 at 6:20 PM by pbfloyd

I have given away somewhere north of $500 worth of stuff since I have been here including silver and gold American eagles, coins of all sorts, books, auction catalogs, Terrible Towels, gift certificates, etc. When you have a similar record, come back, and we will discuss it further. Until then, take a hike.
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I hereby certify the results of this contest. The winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes.

Longacre, B.S., C.P.A., J.D., LL.M.
    10/16/2006
    8:20 AM EDT
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    My last word on this "contest" You started it way too early and didnt have a cutoff on when you could guess. I respect you as a collector and really like your coins. But as a contest promoter you suck!
  • Options

<< <i>My last word on this "contest" You started it way too early and didnt have a cutoff on when you could guess. I respect you as a collector and really like your coins. But as a contest promoter you suck! >>

My last word: I ran my contest in a similar fashion as others have done in the past, and I do not care what you think. The fact that you are the only who ever complained about this and that I have received numerous PMs of support (mostly from people who never PMed me before) tells me all I need to know.
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    pbfloyd, that is so assinine to flame a giveaway. I know who will never win one of mine also.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    pbfloyd, that is so assinine to flame a giveaway. I know who will never win one of mine also.

So yours are fixed too?
  • Options

<< <i>pbfloyd, that is so assinine to flame a giveaway. I know who will never win one of mine also.

So yours are fixed too? >>

I am at work and do not have the time to do so. I encourage you to search the archives of my previous giveaways (there must have been between ten and twenty) and see if you can find any pattern that suggests that they were rigged.

I have searched your giveaways, and noticed that you have not had any giveaways. Keep arguing, though. The entertainment value is priceless. image
  • Options
    If RYK is guilty of anything, it is being too generous for giving away a coin for no particular reason. To flame him and continue to complain just simply shows your level of maturity.
  • Options
    I said he didnt have any clear rules and started the contest too early. that other guy assured me I wouldnt win won of his . If it is a true contest how can he say that? RYK I have no problem with you . Just your contest. Lets let it die. If you get a kick out of me good for you. You wont hear me complain about making someone smile.
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    FLAME THE GIVEAWAY!! BWAAAHAAAA!!image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I gussed 10/14 @12.00...I win You cannot accept those who guessed within hours of you posting. The cutoff should be the day your thread started! >>

Who the hell do you think you are making rules for someone else's giveaway? If you don't like them (or lack of them) don't enter. What a jackass!
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My last word on this "contest" You started it way too early and didnt have a cutoff on when you could guess. I respect you as a collector and really like your coins. But as a contest promoter you suck! >>

My last word: I ran my contest in a similar fashion as others have done in the past, and I do not care what you think. The fact that you are the only who ever complained about this and that I have received numerous PMs of support (mostly from people who never PMed me before) tells me all I need to know. >>

Honestly, I'm shocked at the messages from some contest participants. I can vouch for RYK and how he ethically runs his giveaways. I do not see any wrongdoing here, and frankly I am insulted that someone would raise these sorts of complaints.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    IGWTIGWT Posts: 4,975

This has gotta be a joke. image
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    pbfloyd,

You're an idiot.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I think you have called just about everyone here that at one time or another Russ.
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>This has gotta be a joke >>

I agree there is no way someone could be upset over a contest....is there?? If it is not a joke than dude you have some serious issues.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    deleted

Thanks for the givaway RYK and congrats on 15,000.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think you have called just about everyone here that at one time or another Russ. >>

Pink B. Floyd, you should quit while you can still crawl out of that hole you dug for yourself.
  • Options
    Hey.It almost made 150......and got moved from the us coin forum
  • Options

<< <i>I think you have called just about everyone here that at one time or another Russ. >>

Only those that have earned it like, for example, clueless nitwits who are so inane and so stupid that they whine and complain about giveaways.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>

Only those that have earned it like, for example, clueless nitwits who are so inane and so stupid that they whine and complain about giveaways.

Russ, NCNE >>

Nice SLSD. image
  • Options
    Yeah, he's the one I was thinking of when I posted in the other thread. image

Russ, NCNE