Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How to post photos

I've seen several folks frustrated on posting photos lately. Amanda just taught me an easy way so I'll post simple instructions:

1. Open a photobucket account (www.photobucket.com) edited to add that this is free.
2. Upload your photos.
3. Under the photo will be 3 boxes. Copy the link from the bottom box into your message.

done.

You'll want to resize the photos to the size you want to show up on screen. Most people use either 800 x 600 resolution or 1024 x 768 on their monitors. Perhaps 600 to 800 pixels is a good size.

This is much easier than trying to do it using the CU hosting (the process that has frustrated many including me [althought Amanda taught me how to do that too]).

Cheers,
Jerry

Comments

• Options
    Great idea, Jerry!

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭

That was easy.

Thanks.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options

Thanks for the instructions.

Tom
  • Options

I should post a better coin than that poor holed Morgan.

Tom
  • Options

I forgot about photobucket. Thanks.
  • Options

<< <i>I should post a better coin than that poor holed Morgan. >>

Much better! What grade? PCGS?
    image Monster Wavy Steps Rule! - 1999, WSDDR-015, 1999P-1DR-003 - 2 known
    My EBay Store/Auctions
  • Options
    That is a 65 RD. It is PCGS.

Tom

Also, it is not my coin. The picture reminds me of what I am striving for.
  • Options
    HalfsenseHalfsense Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    Cool! Thanks for the tip on easily posting images.
    -donn-

image[/IMG]

Walton specimen 1913 Liberty nickel, photographed at about 12:45 a.m., July 30, 2003, in Baltimore, a few minutes after the previously "missing" coin was authenticated at "the midnight meeting."
    "If it happens in numismatics, it's news to me....
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Works like a charm. image
  • Options
    Just trying what you said...Thanks If only the photos were good... can you see the pvc? image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oooops ...wrong picture....image

This is the one I meant...still loininimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've seen several folks frustrated on posting photos lately. Amanda just taught me an easy way so I'll post simple instructions:

1. Open a photobucket account (<a href="http://www.photobucket.com">www.photobucket.com</A&gtimage edited to add that this is free.
    2. Upload your photos.
    3. Under the photo will be 3 boxes. Copy the link from the bottom box into your message.

done.

You'll want to resize the photos to the size you want to show up on screen. Most people use either 800 x 600 resolution or 1024 x 768 on their monitors. Perhaps 600 to 800 pixels is a good size.

This is much easier than trying to do it using the CU hosting (the process that has frustrated many including me [althought Amanda taught me how to do that too]).

Cheers,
    Jerry >>

Works for me. However, I have to highlight the thumbnail first and enlarge it to full size before clicking on the 2nd, not 3rd box. The secnd box is titled "Direct."

In addition I also click on the window frame tool bar icon of the message text for the pasting rather than just pasting it into the message itself. Here goes:

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this thread when I first signed on.
    It was a huge help for me.

image Type2
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Funny to see myself as the OP having just learned how myself. Time is fun when you're having flies. --Jerry
  • Options
    unspendableunspendable Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    I have been trying to post a pic all day, always says file to big--over 50k...doing something wrong...
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have been trying to post a pic all day, always says file to big--over 50k...doing something wrong... >>

If the image is on your computer it has to be 50kor smaller.

If it's on a website (e.g. Photobucket) you can post any size as explained above.
    You would be posting a 'link' not an image file off your hard drive.
    Hope that helps a bit.
  • Options
    Thanks, I downloaded photobucket this morning and gave up and started using my nikon software, I'll try photobucket again, quite frustrating, I think its about beer thirty with all the ice outside....
  • Options
    "I downloaded photobucket" thats a pretty good trick in itself!
    I am serious! and don't call me Shirley
  • Options
    It helps to know more than I do..image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares how to post them ? It's mastering the technique of taking them that baffles me.
  • Options
    I dont understand about the copy the link from the bottom box into my message part, I see an img code to the right, wouldn't all those letters and numbers be in the message. man I feel kinda dumb..image
  • Options

<< <i>I dont understand about the copy the link from the bottom box into my message part, I see an img code to the right, wouldn't all those letters and numbers be in the message. man I feel kinda dumb..image >>

right click on the photo with your right mouse button. A box will come up. Use the cursor to scroll down to "Properties". Right click again. Another box will come up. Put your cursor next to the Address or "URL" listing. It starts with "http://"... Right click on that. Another box will come up. Scroll down to select all and right click. It will highlight that address in BLUE. Now right click on it again and scroll to copy where you will use your mouse click one more time. Now the address is saved into your mouse button. Come back to the text message box here and click on that window that looks like a picture.

A new box will come up. Put your cursor in that blank area and right click your mouse button one more time. A box will come up. Scroll to "PASTE". Right click. Voila. Now click "OK". and you can then scroll to the bottom of the text message box and click on "REPLY TO THREAD".
  • Options
    oh, before you click on that photo, make sure it is saved to "photobucket" or another photo hosting site.
  • Options
    I think I got it, find out in a minute, thanks that was a lot of typing... mike
  • Options
    thank you very much twosidesofacoin, if you only knew how long I was at this computer trying to post a pic....mike
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Bump for newbies.
  • Options
    DarrellDarrell Posts: 87 ✭✭✭
    I have always had trouble posting pictures. I hope this one works.imageimage
  • Options
    MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Worked great, Darrell, except you need to put the
    pasted link on a different line than the text.

Great looking dime, by the way!!

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    TTT
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    photo-bucket was a mess to me

www.tinypic.com was a breeze...it's an upload for dummies site...."pure-plain and simple"

no sign up or registering...no using that lil mountain icon on the top...no resizing to do

just go to tiny pic....hit upload which a browse your files pop's up...then click open on the image you want

then it's as easy as a copy n paste job using the 2nd line down and pasting into where we type our replies...done

everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    how did you get the pictures side by side ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file