Home Sports Talk
Options

Too many yankee 'fans' stinking up the joint...

2»

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>go yanks world series champs 06imageimage >>

And another bandwagon rider hops on, to join the legion of clowns who inhabit this board.

<< <i>hat a dork to even create a thread like this. what is he in 8th grade? >>

And yet you wet yourself in anticipation and posted how many replies to it? Pavlov ain't got nothin on me! >>

How does any of this nonsense relate to Pavlov?
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

And another bandwagon rider hops on, to join the legion of clowns who inhabit this board.

<< <i>hat a dork to even create a thread like this. what is he in 8th grade? >>

And yet you wet yourself in anticipation and posted how many replies to it? Pavlov ain't got nothin on me! >>

How does any of this nonsense relate to Pavlov? >>

Well, Pavlov conducted experiments....and as we learned earlier in the thread, Ax does as well.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I have heard that beyond this message board, he has been known as the "Sociologist Sorcerer"...once an experimental spell goes out on you, you are through!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

Gee, now that's a surprise. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The payroll system is obviously broken, but, instead of admitting as such, you want to bring up the Sox spending $120 million, but, ignoring the fact that the $80+ million disparity between the Sox and yankees is higher than most every other team's payroll. Dolts. >>

See, that's exactly my point. And - it's actually more than $80M (more like $100M) when you add in Abreu and Lidle. But, Yankee "fans" love to remain blissfully ignorant about this, and continue to mention how they "overcame adversity" this season with all their injuries. Please, spare me the nonsense. Your team has single players on it that make more than entire teams. Before you hop on the bandwagon, realize that perhaps this is the only reason the Yankees ever win anything. Not that they have won anything yet. >>

Sorry buddy, the Yanks won 26 World Series Pre-Payroll ballooning. Once again, your wrong.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

See, that's exactly my point. And - it's actually more than $80M (more like $100M) when you add in Abreu and Lidle. But, Yankee "fans" love to remain blissfully ignorant about this, and continue to mention how they "overcame adversity" this season with all their injuries. Please, spare me the nonsense. Your team has single players on it that make more than entire teams. Before you hop on the bandwagon, realize that perhaps this is the only reason the Yankees ever win anything. Not that they have won anything yet. >>

Hey Jerry, Manny Ramirez is a guy that makes more then the Florida Marlins. Why don't YOU spare us? You predicted the Yankees to finish in 3rd place. That backfired MISERABLY in your face and so predictibly you are here flailing your arms and legs about payroll. The last and only crutch left .... as usual.

Also, get your facts straight. You like to yell at others when they guess at certain things and are wrong. Well, you are wrong when you say

"Your team has single players on it that make more than entire teams"

That would be ONE team ..... the Marlins. Just like Manny Ramirez .... so again .... spare us image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Perhaps the one positive of the OF being closed ... you guys get Axtell back. image

• Options
    Yeah thanks for the reminder coincopwifeimage
  • Options
    <<And another bandwagon rider hops on, to join the legion of clowns who inhabit this board. >>

I've been a yankee fan since the day i was born so go image yourself ax
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Perhaps the one positive of the OF being closed ... you guys get Axtell back. image >>

You are so mean!!! image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Perhaps the one positive of the OF being closed ... you guys get Axtell back. image >>

You are so mean!!! image >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

I hope CCWjr never says things that cruel when she grows up. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

I hope CCWjr never says things that cruel when she grows up. image >>

She will if Axtell is still around.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

She will if Axtell is still around. >>

I think with no Open Forum, Sports Talk is now getting 100% of Axtell's anger. He has lately even been above and beyond his usual abrasive self. Can't we make a trade and ship him off to the "24hourforums"? We are willing to give you all the money in the world to take him, and anything else you may want. Name your price and we will gladly pay it - no questions asked. Please help...we're desperate. image
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    The one negative about the OF being closed is CCW has nothing to do with her time, so she's decided to post here.

And I don't have anger, I simply find it funny to see how predictable the yankee 'fans' here react to what I say.

80s, you've been a yankees fan since the day you were born? Really? How's that possible?!
  • Options

<< <i>The one negative about the OF being closed is CCW has nothing to do with her time, so she's decided to post here.

And I don't have anger, I simply find it funny to see how predictable the yankee 'fans' here react to what I say.

80s, you've been a yankees fan since the day you were born? Really? How's that possible?! >>

Ax, who are you a fan of ? If not for that icon above your name we might be liable to forget.

edit to add...DOPE
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    <<< And I don't have anger >>>

Gosh dam...Axtell, if your posts here at Sports Talk aren't anger, I'd hate to see you when you are angry. image
  • Options
    <<80s, you've been a yankees fan since the day you were born? Really? How's that possible?! >>

I was brought home from the hospital in a yankees uniform. My uncle brought me a roger maris auto ball to the hospital and my dad brought a yankees bat and mcgregor yogi berra mit. The rest was history. So yes I've been a yankees fan forever.

So once again ax goimage yourself and keep hiding behind that computer screenimage
  • Options
    Be careful! An experimental spell will be put on you! When that happens, you will live in your mom's basement, lights off, on message boards spewing your stupidity and anger!
  • Options
    ^^
    Better than driving a mini cooper. image
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>^^
    Better than driving a mini cooper. image >>

That is only a skill for a high level Wizard!!!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    extraordinaire*

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    douchebag*

Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    Since you all share one brain, and one mindset (yanks rule! everyone else sucks!), is it possible for you trolls to limit your posting to one ID? You all utter the same crap over and over and over, so there's no real need for everyone to post.

Can we get the same from Axtell, Commieboy and Skippy?

Same mindset (the bucs are the best, the refs blew the game for us, we won a ring in 2002, the eagles suck!) Is it possible you can post under just one ID too?

Thanks in return
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>
    Same mindset (the bucs are the best, the refs blew the game for us, we won a ring in 2002, the eagles suck!) Is it possible you can post under just one ID too?

Thanks in return >>

Hey moron, I've never blamed the refs for a Bucs loss. Why don't you pull your head out of your ass before you post next time, moron?

As far as the 'ring' thing go, it's a good way to put distance between quality clubs (Bucs) and pretenders (eagles).

What team do you root for again? It seems to change daily...you a saints fan this week?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks in return >>

Hey moron, I've never blamed the refs for a Bucs loss. Why don't you pull your head out of your ass before you post next time, moron?

As far as the 'ring' thing go, it's a good way to put distance between quality clubs (Bucs) and pretenders (eagles).

What team do you root for again? It seems to change daily...you a saints fan this week? >>

How can anyone NOT be a Saints fan this week? The only people who probably understand what it feels like to be a Falcons fan right now are the same folks who pulled for this most recent US Ryder Cup squad and had to root against Darren Clarke.
  • Options
    "The one negative about the OF being closed is CCW has nothing to do with her time, so she's decided to post here."

This brings up an intersting point IMO. I actually think that Axtell is probably a pretty decent guy who, for whatever reason, tends to get a little unhinged when the subject of sports comes up. He reminds me a little of a guy I knew in college-- just a salt of the earth fellow who always spoke in reasonable tones UNTIL somebody started bashing the rock band The Replacements. When that happened- and it used to happen quite a bit when those two terrible Paul Westerberg songs came out on the 'Singles' soundtrack, or at least it did in my group-- it was like Jeckyl and Hyde.

But I digress. My point is that no matter what one thinks of Axtell and his prolific posting habits, there's nothing about him that can rival the sadness of seeing all these people with post counts in mid 5-figures who now have nothing to do with their days once they closed the OF.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I actually think that Axtell is probably a pretty decent guy who, for whatever reason, tends to get a little unhinged when the subject of sports comes up. >>

and the Titanic took on a little water.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i> I actually think that Axtell is probably a pretty decent guy who, for whatever reason, tends to get a little unhinged when the subject of sports comes up. >>

and the Titanic took on a little water. >>

Well, it's always tough to know on the Internet. IMExperience there are some people who are unusually abrasive online who happen to be great guys in the flesh. He also doesn't believe in God, so that's an automatic 'big plus' in my book.....

In any case, I think he's made some good posts here and when it comes to how people present themselves online I like to try and give people the benefit of the doubt.
  • Options

What team do you root for again? It seems to change daily...you a saints fan this week?

Again (Axtell, Commieboy/Skippy) - I was raised in Atlanta and root for the Falcons and Bulldogs. Never rooted for another team, even after losing to the Saints - I'm here!

BTW, "moron" is the best you can do? Face it, all three of you are the same, can't debate facts - you get personal and ignore what everyone says.

Same lines over end over... "your team is great, the others all suck and if you don't agree you are (fill in the blank)" - thanks for making my point for me.

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

She will if Axtell is still around. >>

I missed you CCW!
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    I love how some of you folks (much like the USCF folks) act like OF posters don't belong here. I have been reading here and the collectibles forum for a long time now but because of the hostile environment I usually choose not to post. If I have questions to ask, I PM one of the folks I know who doesn't give me a boatload of crap over my post count or chosen posting location.

And hello onlyanumber. image

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Hi ccw image

Please feel free to drop by here anytime image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>I love how some of you folks (much like the USCF folks) act like OF posters don't belong here. >>

Don't worry CCW. You have Gemmint's permission image Just you know, none of those shall we say "Groin Threads".
  • Options

<< <i>I love how some of you folks (much like the USCF folks) act like OF posters don't belong here. I have been reading here and the collectibles forum for a long time now but because of the hostile environment I usually choose not to post. If I have questions to ask, I PM one of the folks I know who doesn't give me a boatload of crap over my post count or chosen posting location.

And hello onlyanumber. image >>

Don't ever mess with Coincopwife. She'll bite ya!

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    A more appropriate title for this thread would have been ' Too many Axtell 'posts' stinking up the joint......

JMHO

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>A more appropriate title for this thread would have been ' Too many Axtell 'posts' stinking up the joint......

JMHO

Steve >>

• Options
    CCW-Your secret is safe with me.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options

<< <i>I love how some of you folks (much like the USCF folks) act like OF posters don't belong here. I have been reading here and the collectibles forum for a long time now but because of the hostile environment I usually choose not to post. If I have questions to ask, I PM one of the folks I know who doesn't give me a boatload of crap over my post count or chosen posting location.

Please dont feel that people here are hostile. A certain dingbat who stirs the pot may make it seem that way, but 99% of us are perfectly civil and more than welcome to hear from everyone.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>

Please dont feel that people here are hostile. A certain dingbat who stirs the pot may make it seem that way, but 99% of us are perfectly civil and more than welcome to hear from everyone. >>

I did say "some" intentionally. I know that there are some good folks around here. In fact, most are welcoming and happy to help with a question or just carry on a conversation. But it is the few that spoil it. Lucky for them ... I'll be around more now. image (Getting ready to finally start digging through some stuff in my collection that I haven't looked at, ever.)