Home Sports Talk
Options

Too many yankee 'fans' stinking up the joint...

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
That is all.

They've come out of hiding since the yanks have overtaken the best record in baseball (but then, with (by far) the highest salary in baseball, they should be winning).

Hopefully, once the yanks have been eliminated from the playoffs, they'll go scurrying back under their rocks and leave this forum in peace. As it is, its unbearable here.

Since you all share one brain, and one mindset (yanks rule! everyone else sucks!), is it possible for you trolls to limit your posting to one ID? You all utter the same crap over and over and over, so there's no real need for everyone to post.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you're gonna get many replies on this thread.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Actually when the Phillies win the NL pennant, I'd like to see the Yankees get in the World Series. Then the Phillies can get revenge for the 1950 World Series.
  • Options
    As it is, its unbearable here.

If it's so unbearable here, why don't you do everyone a favor & get lost?? image

Sad to see how all this NY winning gets you so upset and angry!

Edit: Dope!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Axtell is po'd because among other things, his Mariners stink and his Bucs stink. The basketball, hockey, as well as every other team he roots for probably stinks as well.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    The only Yankee fans in here are the same ones that were here from game one this season. The same ones that were here through the good and the bad this season.

Try posting on a Mariners thread or topic every so often and you'll avoid 98% of Yankee talk.

The only moron on these boards that talks about teams that suck is you. No Yankee fan bashes other teams, we are too busy being fans of our own team.

Your take on our "mindset " truly proves that you have no mind.

DOPE.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As it is, its unbearable here.

If it's so unbearable here, why don't you do everyone a favor & get lost?? image

Sad to see how all this NY winning gets you so upset and angry!

Edit: Dope! >>

<< <i>Axtell is po'd because among other things, his Mariners stink and his Bucs stink. The basketball, hockey, as well as every other team he roots for probably stinks as well. >>

<< <i>The only Yankee fans in here are the same ones that were here from game one this season. The same ones that were here through the good and the bad this season.

Try posting on a Mariners thread or topic every so often and you'll avoid 98% of Yankee talk.

The only moron on these boards that talks about teams that suck is you. No Yankee fan bashes other teams, we are too busy being fans of our own team.

Your take on our "mindset " truly proves that you have no mind.

DOPE. >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what an a$$ image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Too many Yankees fans waaaa waaaaa waaaaa!!!!
    Go tell mommy they arent playing fair and its no fun!! waaaaa waaaaa waaaaaa!!!! The Yankees are winning waaaa waaaa waaaaa!!! My teams suck waaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaa I hate NY and its fans waaaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaa Im too dumb to realize that no one has alt id's waaaaa waaaaa waaaaaa Im a DOPE waaaa waaaaa waaaaa!!!

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Let me start by saying this: I detest the Yankees. And no, I'm not a Red Sox fan.

Having said that: Why should I begrudge the Yankees from doing what the system allows them to -- sparing no expense to put a winner on the field? Winning IS the goal, isn't it?

I think there are "competitive balance" problems in baseball. And I think it's in the best interests of the game to create an economic system where some teams aren't eliminated in April almost every year, and where the "spare no expense" teams aren't all but guaranteed a spot in the playoffs.

I just don't know how to do it. Luxury taxes? Spare me. Most of the "low budget" owners just pocket the money instead of using it to put a better product on the field. And as long as that's the case, they don't deserve a cent from the Yanks or anyone else.

I think complaints about the unfairness of the baseball status quo are legitimate to a point. But I don't think creating a bona fide welfare system is a good idea, either.

I have a huge amount of respect for the Yankees organization and everything they do right. I hate them with a passion, but I respect them.
  • Options
    Axhole - you actually have some intellegent things to contribute on occassion, but this type of post demonstrates your ignorant and incendiary side. Yankee fans are as diehard as any other fan of a MLB team. In addition, Yankee lore is steeped in winning and tradition. So why do Yankee fans have to shut up to suit you?

I have been a life long Yankee fan, being born in the Bronx. I have a great deal of respect for other organizations such as the Redsox, Orioles, Tigers, White Sox, Twins and other long time AL franchises. I don't piss on them, I just root for the Yankees.

As far as the payroll, this is a point of constant ignorance for Yankee haters and the uninformed regarding business. Steinbrenner took over a failing franchise in the 70's, and continued to invest into it and build it. Any other MLB franchise has had the same opportunity, but nobody with his stones did so. The revenue you generate enables you to keep investing in the product if you are good at it. The average Yankee home attendance this year is 54,000. So, what comes first - the chicken or the egg? Shut up about the payroll.

I saw an HBO documentary today that linked baseball to the tragedy of 9/11/01. The impact that the Yankees had in helping to heal this immense wound did not strike me untill I saw this. Besides their (failed) World Series efforts of that year, the team went out in mass and visited fire stations, refuge stations, lost person stations, hospitals, and personally responded to fans who had lost loved one's (mostly fathers) who were Yank fans. These high priced atheletes did this on their own.

So, Ahole, why don't you just shut it. You know nothing about what it means to be a Yankee fan. You are just a disgruntled fan with no island who likes to play point-counterpoint with true fans.

"A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Having said that: Why should I begrudge the Yankees from doing what the system allows them to -- sparing no expense to put a winner on the field? Winning IS the goal, isn't it? >>

The "system" also allows for many large corporations to get away with paying a disproportionate amount of taxes, because they can afford to hire accountants and lawyers to find "loopholes" for them, while the average joe cannot. You think people don't begrudge them?

You think people don't begrudge wealthy people that get away with crimes that poor people can't? Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you always should. It's going to take serious erosion of more of the league's fan base, or maybe a few more teams to bleed money, before MLB has to step in and correct the situation, which is sad.

That is where most of the resentment for the Yankees comes from. It shouldn't have to come to that.
  • Options

<< <i>As far as the payroll, this is a point of constant ignorance for Yankee haters and the uninformed regarding business. Steinbrenner took over a failing franchise in the 70's, and continued to invest into it and build it. Any other MLB franchise has had the same opportunity, but nobody with his stones did so. The revenue you generate enables you to keep investing in the product if you are good at it. The average Yankee home attendance this year is 54,000. So, what comes first - the chicken or the egg? Shut up about the payroll.
    >>

DH, you are off base here. The NY market, and the YES network, are just a few examples of the large advantages the Yankee franchise enjoys over most every other. Even if the Royals ownership wanted to, they would never be able to put together a monster like NY has done, because they don't enjoy the same benefits of location, population, and other regional factors. It is a never ending circle, because as the payroll grows and grows, it allows the Yankees to not only resign all of their "home-grown" players, but to go after all the major free agents as they become available (or drive the price up to where only NY can afford them). Imagine if Florida was able to resign all of its players (that it wanted) year after year? There is really no way to deny or hide this fact - the Yankees payroll gives them a huge advantage, call it good business, call it whatever you want, but don't try and gloss over it.

• Options
    Ctsoxfan - you make my point. The Sox have done a great job in marketing the franchise of late - almost as good as the Yankees. Expanded Fenway to put more paying fannies in the seats. Got some more favorable cable contracts. This has enabled them to grow the payroll and be very competitive. It's all business. Pot calling kettle black if you want to be Yankee naysayer on spending. They are just better business and baseball people right now.

• Options
    As I correctly assumed, the yankee fans would scramble en masse to this thread, using every 'insult' in the book in an attempt to 'bash' me.

I don't begrudge the yankees for using the system, I begrudge the system. I begrudge the 'fans' who think the system is fine because of the disproportionate advantage it gives them, simply due to geography. I begrudge the fans who think that yankees management wants to win more than other teams, because they are willing to spend $200+ million on payroll (while ignoring the obvious reality that the yankees are the only team that can *afford* to spend that kind of money on payroll).

I begrudge the 'pile on' mentality that has overtaken the so-called 'fans' of this board...they see a lone voice of dissent and, like typical chit stirrers, pile on. These are the same chicken chits who, at a fight, are the ones egging the combatants on, but never man enough to get involved without their friends there.

I begrudge the entitlement that I see in every one of these yankee 'fans' who think, because the team spends so much on payroll, they automatically deserve the playoffs.

That, my friends, was the point of this little exercise. To see the 'fans' come out in force, and even worse, people like stown come and only quote other posts, with no real insight of his own.

Thank you all for participating in my experiment. It was truly enlightening.
  • Options
    As I correctly assumed, the yankee fans would scramble en masse to this thread, using every 'insult' in the book in an attempt to 'bash' me.

I don't begrudge the yankees for using the system, I begrudge the system. I begrudge the 'fans' who think the system is fine because of the disproportionate advantage it gives them, simply due to geography. I begrudge the fans who think that yankees management wants to win more than other teams, because they are willing to spend $200+ million on payroll (while ignoring the obvious reality that the yankees are the only team that can *afford* to spend that kind of money on payroll).

I begrudge the 'pile on' mentality that has overtaken the so-called 'fans' of this board...they see a lone voice of dissent and, like typical chit stirrers, pile on. These are the same chicken chits who, at a fight, are the ones egging the combatants on, but never man enough to get involved without their friends there.

I begrudge the entitlement that I see in every one of these yankee 'fans' who think, because the team spends so much on payroll, they automatically deserve the playoffs.

That, my friends, was the point of this little exercise. To see the 'fans' come out in force, and even worse, people like stown come and only quote other posts, with no real insight of his own.

Thank you all for participating in my experiment. It was truly enlightening.

In a word (or pic): image

Can the pompous hyperbole. You, dope, are more arrogant and insulting than any Yankee fan on these boards. Hypocrite.

• Options
    Axhole is obviously a master of sports and psychology in his own mind. He conducts "experiments" with members of this forum. He is above us, and judges us. He has a beard, and looks something like Freud. He is all knowing and all present. His self worth is based on his responses to this forum.

• Options

<< <i>As I correctly assumed, the yankee fans would scramble en masse to this thread, using every 'insult' in the book in an attempt to 'bash' me.

Thank you all for participating in my experiment. It was truly enlightening. >>

THAT is the SECOND funniest thing I have read on these boards!! image

waaaaaa waaa waaaa Board members on here 'bash me!! waaa waaa waaaaaa
  • Options

<< <i>As I correctly assumed, the yankee fans would scramble en masse to this thread, using every 'insult' in the book in an attempt to 'bash' me.

I have stated a number of times in other threads here that I strongly believe a salary cap is needed in MLB. No team should have to lose all of their star players, all of the time. Yes it isn't fair that some teams have a disproportionate advantage over other teams. But what's being a Yankees fan have anything to do with this? As long as these are the rules, and Steinbrenner plays by the rules, and puts the best product he can out there on the field, what is wrong with being a fan and rooting for that team? Of course there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

You wanna be po'd at somebody Axtell be po'd at the other MLB owners who for whatever reason don't want to change the system. Bottom line - these owners must believe that profitwise they are making more money this way than some other way, otherwise they would have installed a salary cap by now.
  • Options
    I just don't know how to do it. Luxury taxes? Spare me. Most of the "low budget" owners just pocket the money instead of using it to put a better product on the field. And as long as that's the case, they don't deserve a cent from the Yanks or anyone else.

When the new MLB baseball negotiations start up again, one of the new terms should be to penalize cheap team owners who do not plow some luxury money back into their teams.
  • Options

LMFAO

Good experiment image

2 things.....ONE, would you expect your hatred and bias to go unanswered or undefended when calling others out as stinking up the joint ?

TWO, you have no friends here.

DOPEY DOPE DOPE, with the SINGLE DOPIEST words every spoken in a thread here or elsewhere.........KING DOPE extraordinaire

If nothing else, thank you for the laugh of the evening DOPEY image
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

So, when are you and Stalin going to complete your thesis?

Nice try, but we all see right through you.

• Options
    I never said I was writing a thesis, but it was an experiment.

I have seen over the past couple of months the way the yankee 'fans' pile on to certain topics. They are not unlike the groups of guys who get into fights, but, alone, cower like beat dog. The same rule applies here.

Then you have the hangers-on like stownie, who don't have a stake in the fight, but feel the need to add their unwanted 2 cents. These are the guys, at the same theoretical fight, who are standing in the circle watching the fight but, again, would piss themselves if they were ever actually in one on their own.

• Options

<< <i>I never said I was writing a thesis, but it was an experiment.

I have seen over the past couple of months the way the yankee 'fans' pile on to certain topics. They are not unlike the groups of guys who get into fights, but, alone, cower like beat dog. The same rule applies here.

Then you have the hangers-on like stownie, who don't have a stake in the fight, but feel the need to add their unwanted 2 cents. These are the guys, at the same theoretical fight, who are standing in the circle watching the fight but, again, would piss themselves if they were ever actually in one on their own. >>

Your experiment !!!!!!!!!!!!

Try this experiment.....take about 3 dozen hungry and agitated rattle snakes, back them in a corner, then try poking them with an 8 inch stick. You'll find the results to be quite similar....only they wont leave you to yap on in the DOPEY fashion we apparently have to put up with.

Are you too blind to see you are hated by Yankee fans and Yankee haters alike ?

The only piling on is by the MASSES against a DOPE like you who continually joins in every topic to cause bitterness, anger, and hatred. You are a constant nuisance to everyone here, Yankee fans and haters alike.

You sir, are a DOPE.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    I thought this was interesting (from ESPN.com) -

The Yankees and the Marlins, theoretically, play the same sport. But if the Yankees are the Nordstrom of baseball, the Marlins are the Value City.
    So it's time to play the always-entertaining Yankees Versus Marlins Payroll Game. Let's throw out the first pitch.

Yankees pre-Sept. 1 payroll: $198,662,180.

Marlins pre-Sept. 1 payroll: $184,317,680 less than that.

Now, to help us play this game, ESPN.com's Dave Kull has contributed some sensational tidbits.

How many Yankees make more than all the Marlins? How about five -- A-Rod ($25.68 million), Derek Jeter ($20.6 million), Jason Giambi ($20.43 million), Mike Mussina ($19 million) and Randy Johnson ($15.66 million). Just A-Rod's salary alone would pay for 54.4 Miguel Cabreras.

The Marlins' current everyday lineup earns a total of $3.134,500. Which is only slightly less than Craig Wilson ($3.3 million) -- and less than 16 different Yankees altogether.

The Marlins' entire starting rotation makes $5.658 million. Which is a little more than Kyle Farnsworth ($5.42 million) but still less than 13 different Yankees (five of whom pitch for a living).

Which led Kull to the most entertaining question of the day: Suppose the Yankees had to play the Marlins with one key rule change in effect: The Yankees could only field a team that earned no more than the Marlins' payroll?

Well, it wouldn't be easy. And the Bombers probably wouldn't even be favored. But using the pre-Sept. 1 rosters, here's the cheapest Yankees team Kull was able to throw together:

Cheapest Yankees lineup
    C: Sal Fasano, 425,000
    1B: Andy Phillips, 331,150
    2B: Robinson Cano, 381,000
    SS: Nick Green, 356,700
    3B: Miguel Cairo, 1,000,000
    OF: Bernie Williams, 1,500,000
    OF: Melky Cabrera, 327,000
    OF: Aaron Guiel, 350,000
    DH: Craig Wilson, 3,300,000
    Total salary: $7,970,850

Cheapest Yankees pitching staff
    Chien-Ming Wang, 353,175
    Cory Lidle, 3,300,000
    Jeff Karstens, 327,000
    Tanyon Sturtze, 1,500,000
    Scott Proctor, 353,675
    Total salary: $5,833,850

Total salary for lineup and pitching staff: $13,804,700

After perusing that roster, we'll bet the 2003 World Series trophy on those Floridians.

Finally, if the Marlins do make the playoffs, that $184.3 million disparity between their payroll and the Yankees' will set a new record for (surprise) biggest payroll gap between two playoff teams.

OK, so it's a record the Yankees and somebody break every year. But a record is a record. The previous largest financial mismatch was $145.01 million, which was set by the Yankees ($208.3M) and Padres ($63.29M) way back last October.

• Options
    Whats the record for the team with the largest payroll to NOT make the postseason ?

If I had to guess it would be the 2006 Red Sox.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>I never said I was writing a thesis, but it was an experiment. >>

Yeah you're a regular Stephen frigging Hawking.

Search the archived posts for Stalin's thesis crock of bull.

You're peas in a pod.
  • Options

<< <i>Whats the record for the team with the largest payroll to NOT make the postseason ?

If I had to guess it would be the 2006 Red Sox. >>

Your right. I believe the Sox payroll is in the area of 150 million. Funny, seems like that didn't help them a bit in pulling away when the Yankees were hobbled and the Sox were HOT. Well....gladly the Sox collapsed and shutup some of their "fans".
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Whats the record for the team with the largest payroll to NOT make the postseason ?

Red Sox of course.

lol

hey axtell, if the forum is so bad why not just leave?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

hey axtell, if the forum is so bad why not just leave?

Steve
    >>

Because he is too much of a dope to realize that HE is the one that people dont want here.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Whats the record for the team with the largest payroll to NOT make the postseason ?

Your right. I believe the Sox payroll is in the area of 150 million. Funny, seems like that didn't help them a bit in pulling away when the Yankees were hobbled and the Sox were HOT. Well....gladly the Sox collapsed and shutup some of their "fans". >>

ToppsCollector, do you ever post a correct fact? I really think you just guess at a lot of what you post, jumping on the Yankee fan bandwagon here...

For the record -

Team Payroll Average
    Yankees $198,662,180 $7,095,078
    Red Sox $120,100,524 $4,448,168
    Angels $103,625,333 $4,145,013
    White Sox $102,875,667 $3,956,756
    Mets $100,901,085 $3,880,811
    Dodgers $99,176,950 $3,673,220
    Cubs $94,841,167 $3,387,185
    Astros $92,551,503 $3,559,673
    Braves $92,461,852 $3,188,340

This was from Opening Day 2006, before the Yanks added Abreu and Lidle and went over the $200M mark. Next time, know what you are talking about before you chime in.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

I have stated a number of times in other threads here that I strongly believe a salary cap is needed in MLB. No team should have to lose all of their star players, all of the time. Yes it isn't fair that some teams have a disproportionate advantage over other teams. But what's being a Yankees fan have anything to do with this? As long as these are the rules, and Steinbrenner plays by the rules, and puts the best product he can out there on the field, what is wrong with being a fan and rooting for that team? Of course there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

You wanna be po'd at somebody Axtell be po'd at the other MLB owners who for whatever reason don't want to change the system. Bottom line - these owners must believe that profitwise they are making more money this way than some other way, otherwise they would have installed a salary cap by now. >>

Very well said, Steve.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

This was from Opening Day 2006, before the Yanks added Abreu and Lidle and went over the $200M mark. Next time, know what you are talking about before you chime in. >>

yep, his numbers are wrong. BUT, that is a pretty gaudy payroll for a team that will be going home for the winter.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    If I were a Sox fan, the last thing I'd be complaining about is payroll disparity with the #2 payroll in baseball and no playoff berth to show for it.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Your right. I believe the Sox payroll is in the area of 150 million. Funny, seems like that didn't help them a bit in pulling away when the Yankees were hobbled and the Sox were HOT. Well....gladly the Sox collapsed and shutup some of their "fans". >>

ToppsCollector, do you ever post a correct fact? I really think you just guess at a lot of what you post, jumping on the Yankee fan bandwagon here...

For the record -

Team Payroll Average
    Yankees $198,662,180 $7,095,078
    Red Sox $120,100,524 $4,448,168
    Angels $103,625,333 $4,145,013
    White Sox $102,875,667 $3,956,756
    Mets $100,901,085 $3,880,811
    Dodgers $99,176,950 $3,673,220
    Cubs $94,841,167 $3,387,185
    Astros $92,551,503 $3,559,673
    Braves $92,461,852 $3,188,340

This was from Opening Day 2006, before the Yanks added Abreu and Lidle and went over the $200M mark. Next time, know what you are talking about before you chime in. >>

So I was wrong. The 120 Million dollar Sox didn't make it into the playoffs, am I correct there? Oh...That's right I am. Now, go back to talking chit but I can tell you the Yankees never dropped off the map in the way the Sox did with that much money wrapped up in a team. Enjoy the playoffs.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    You yankee 'fans' are such easy targets.

The payroll system is obviously broken, but, instead of admitting as such, you want to bring up the Sox spending $120 million, but, ignoring the fact that the $80+ million disparity between the Sox and yankees is higher than most every other team's payroll. Dolts.

Will you yankee fans promise to go crawl back under your rocks after they are booted out of the postseason? Please? And leave the sports forum for those of us who have a vested interest in sports, and not riding a bandwagon like you all do?

• Options
    And leave the sports forum for those of us who have a vested interest in sports, and not riding a bandwagon like you all do?

This coming from the most ridiculed and least respected of all posters on these boards. image

• Options

<< <i>
    Will you yankee fans promise to go crawl back under your rocks after they are booted out of the postseason? Please? And leave the sports forum for those of us who have a vested interest in sports, and not riding a bandwagon like you all do? >>

This is comical, because it's not just Yankee fans you have a problem with. It's Mets fans and NY Giants fans as well. Seems anything NY gets your panties all twisted up. Why don't you just acknowledge once and for all what everyone here already knows? You detest anything and everything about New York. First step to recovery Ax...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options

<< <i>And leave the sports forum for those of us who have a vested interest in sports, and not riding a bandwagon like you all do? >>

You truly are a product of intense inbreeding.
  • Options

<< <i>You yankee 'fans' are such easy targets.

The payroll system is obviously broken, but, instead of admitting as such, you want to bring up the Sox spending $120 million, but, ignoring the fact that the $80+ million disparity between the Sox and yankees is higher than most every other team's payroll. Dolts.

Will you yankee fans promise to go crawl back under your rocks after they are booted out of the postseason? Please? And leave the sports forum for those of us who have a vested interest in sports, and not riding a bandwagon like you all do? >>

NEWS FLASH !!!!!!!!!!

Yankee haters want you gone too DOPE.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Picture this. Axtell comes up with this thread. his right hand makes an up and down movement. he checks back frequently as his hand strokes...................he see's that he has some responses. Just as he stares into his dank basemant wall he climaxes..................his keyboard is now wet, as his brain exploded.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Picture this. Axtell comes up with this thread. his right hand makes an up and down movement. he checks back frequently as his hand strokes...................he see's that he has some responses. Just as he stares into his dank basemant wall he climaxes..................his keyboard is now wet, as his brain exploded.

Steve >>

Didnt happen, his viagra ran out.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Ahh that is why.............................he needs to get A) his rx filled and B) a whore.

Steve

edited to add: all the yankee fans put together do not 'stink' the joint up as much as he does.

what a dork to even create a thread like this. what is he in 8th grade?

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>The payroll system is obviously broken, but, instead of admitting as such, you want to bring up the Sox spending $120 million, but, ignoring the fact that the $80+ million disparity between the Sox and yankees is higher than most every other team's payroll. Dolts. >>

See, that's exactly my point. And - it's actually more than $80M (more like $100M) when you add in Abreu and Lidle. But, Yankee "fans" love to remain blissfully ignorant about this, and continue to mention how they "overcame adversity" this season with all their injuries. Please, spare me the nonsense. Your team has single players on it that make more than entire teams. Before you hop on the bandwagon, realize that perhaps this is the only reason the Yankees ever win anything. Not that they have won anything yet.
  • Options
    But when the Yankees lose you hear things like "I guess that big payroll is a waste of money hahaha"

It has been proven over and over and over again that payroll has nothing to do with World Series wins. Yes, it helps improve your chances into the playoffs, but as Red Sox fans know, it is not a guarantee!

This is obviously the last crutch for Yankees haters. Its an old, washed up arguement. I'm not saying that there shouldnt be improvements using salary caps or floors. The fact is, there isnt and this is baseball today. Until then, its fair play and has been proven that salary does not equal World Series Champs.
  • Options
    go yanks world series champs 06imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>go yanks world series champs 06imageimage >>

And another bandwagon rider hops on, to join the legion of clowns who inhabit this board.

<< <i>hat a dork to even create a thread like this. what is he in 8th grade? >>

And yet you wet yourself in anticipation and posted how many replies to it? Pavlov ain't got nothin on me!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>go yanks world series champs 06imageimage >>

And another bandwagon rider hops on, to join the legion of clowns who inhabit this board.

<< <i>hat a dork to even create a thread like this. what is he in 8th grade? >>

And yet you wet yourself in anticipation and posted how many replies to it? Pavlov ain't got nothin on me! >>

Dope
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>
    >>