• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, the Red Sox are still mathematically alive!! image
  • Options
    Nobody picked the Mets yet? Come on Mets fans, show your love! LOL
  • Options
    Yankees vs. Dodgers

Yankees in 6
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    that would be nice then i could drive to la to see my yank kill em dogers
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I don't think anyone wants to face the twins or the phillies right now...both teams are red hot.

Yanks will be lucky to get out of the AL, mets have been on cruise control so long they are going to suffer the same fate as so many of those braves teams - no pressure for so long, then, when the games really matter again, they'll choke.
  • Options
    The Yankees will take it all. Johnny Damon is the new curse for the Red Sox supplanting the old Babe Ruth curse. You would think the Red Sox owners would have waited awhile before starting another curse. image Bosox will live to regret letting him go. How do you Red Sox fans out in Collector Land feel about Damon being on the Yankees? I would think you guys have mixed feelings since in 2004 he helped you win your first title in 86 years.

Anyway, may the best team win!

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options

<< <i>The Yankees will take it all. Johnny Damon is the new curse for the Red Sox supplanting the old Babe Ruth curse. You would think the Red Sox owners would have waited awhile before starting another curse. image Bosox will live to regret letting him go. How do you Red Sox fans out in Collector Land feel about Damon being on the Yankees? I would think you guys have mixed feelings since in 2004 he helped you win your first title in 86 years.

Anyway, may the best team win! >>

Damon was a money grubbing twit who was overpaid by the yankees (but then, who DON'T they overpay?) I don't begrudge the guy taking the big payday, but it was ridiculous of him to sit there in may and say 'its not about the money' and then make it ONLY about the money.

Red sox will be just fine next year, competing again for the al east crown.

• Options
    Damon has had a very good first year in New York. He is 2nd in the league in Runs Scored (111) and Jeter is right behind him with 110. And how about that Robinson Cano, only in his 2nd year? He will have enough At Bats to qualify as Batting Champion and he very well might beat out Jeter and Maurer. Since August when he came back from his injury he is leading the Majors in RBI's.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    Twins. They're gonna do it for Kirby.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    zef204, is that a photo of Will Ferrell in your icon? It looks like him dressed up as an old geezer.

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>Damon has had a very good first year in New York. He is 2nd in the league in Runs Scored (111) and Jeter is right behind him with 110. And how about that Robinson Cano, only in his 2nd year? He will have enough At Bats to qualify as Batting Champion and he very well might beat out Jeter and Maurer. Since August when he came back from his injury he is leading the Majors in RBI's. >>

Dont talk to Ax about Cano, according to him Lopez on Seattle is a better player....just proves...he is a.....DOPE
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>zef204, is that a photo of Will Ferrell in your icon? It looks like him dressed up as an old geezer. >>

It is Will Ferrell and he is dressed up as Harry Caray. It's a great skit if your an SNL fan.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Damon has had a very good first year in New York. He is 2nd in the league in Runs Scored (111) and Jeter is right behind him with 110. And how about that Robinson Cano, only in his 2nd year? He will have enough At Bats to qualify as Batting Champion and he very well might beat out Jeter and Maurer. Since August when he came back from his injury he is leading the Majors in RBI's. >>

Runs scored is a very poor way of defining a good player. Its more a measure of the guys behind them driving them in than anything else. Talk about OBP and OPS before you bring up runs scored.

Robinson 'stone hands' Cano? The 'next carew'? hah good one. When does he move to the outfield or DH again?

• Options

<< <i>

Runs scored is a very poor way of defining a good player. Its more a measure of the guys behind them driving them in than anything else. Talk about OBP and OPS before you bring up runs scored.

Robinson 'stone hands' Cano? The 'next carew'? hah good one. When does he move to the outfield or DH again? >>

I think OBP may be a decent indicator of runs scored especially when the guys behind them are driving them in. No?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

Robinson 'stone hands' Cano? The 'next carew'? hah good one. When does he move to the outfield or DH again? >>

Have you seen Cano play dummy ?

He has 9 errors all year, Lopez has 14...his fielding PCT. is .983 to Lopez' .979....so if he is stone hands than not only is Lopez a worthless hitter compared to him, but a virtual statue at 2nd base.

pointless debate, but one you will obviously engage in...Cano is already one of the elite 2nd basemen in baseball, yet you will argue that the utility infielder you have on the M's is better....once again proves you are a DOPE.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Who said Cano is the next Rod Carew? He hasn't even won his first batting title yet. Cano is a very good fielder. Now A-Rod is another story. Compare A-Rod and Cano and see how many errors each has.

• Options

<< <i>Who said Cano is the next Rod Carew? He hasn't even won his first batting title yet. Cano is a very good fielder. Now A-Rod is another story. Compare A-Rod and Cano and see how many errors each has. >>

Perhaps if you were a fan of the yankees for more than, oh, say the last month you'd know where that quote came from.

Arod is another story? You're right. Arod is one of the greatest players to ever play the game. But then, as a one month fan of the yankees, you wouldn't know that.
  • Options
    zef, yeah I think I remember Ferrell doing Harry Caray on SNL. Great stuff.

• Options
    I have been a fan of the Yankees for several years but I never heard that. You seem to know a lot about the Yankees.

• Options

<< <i>I have been a fan of the Yankees for several years but I never heard that. You seem to know a lot about the Yankees. >>

Its hard *not* to when you are flooded with every minute piece of information from espn, and the group of do-nothing yokels that roam these boards.

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Its hard *not* to when you are flooded with every minute piece of information from espn, and the group of do-nothing yokels that roam these boards. >>

And THAT folks is from the biggest do-nothing yokel on this board! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Its hard *not* to when you are flooded with every minute piece of information from espn, and the group of do-nothing yokels that roam these boards. >>

And THAT folks is from the biggest do-nothing yokel on this board! image >>

yankeeno-

mommy know you are up this late? Didn't she tuck you in already?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

And THAT folks is from the biggest do-nothing yokel on this board! image >>

yankeeno-

mommy know you are up this late? Didn't she tuck you in already? >>

Brilliant image

Just kidding, you are still a DOPE
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    Well, we know that's Axhole's MO when he has no defense to the TRUTH. image
  • Options

<< <i>Well, we know that's Axhole's MO when he has no defense to the TRUTH. image >>

What truth might that be dipchit?

The only truth here is there are far too many ny 'fans' here for comfort, and they all share one 'quality': a startling inability to take in anything resembling criticism for their teams.

It's funny, to be honest, to see you all get so worked up when someone dares to critique 'your' teams. You all are so predictable!

• Options
    Barry,

isnt it comedic that this stooge actually thinks anybody gets worked up over him ?? he has no clue he is just the resident jester to laugh at !!!!!!!!!!
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>What truth might that be dipchit?

The only truth here is there are far too many ny 'fans' here for comfort, and they all share one 'quality': a startling inability to take in anything resembling criticism for their teams.

It's funny, to be honest, to see you all get so worked up when someone dares to critique 'your' teams. You all are so predictable! >>

Waaaa waaaa waaaaaaa too many NY fans waaaaa waaaaa waaaaaa!!! image
  • Options
    Bri,
    I'll have to say I think the only one that gets worked up is the one that cries that there are too many NY fans on this board LOL Thats really high blood pressure steaming in front of that keyboard for someone who hates NY and its fans so much!

I wonder how many new keyboards someone like that goes through in a month from pounding on it with anger?? image
  • Options

<< <i>Bri,
    I'll have to say I think the only one that gets worked up is the one that cries that there are too many NY fans on this board LOL Thats really high blood pressure steaming in front of that keyboard for someone who hates NY and its fans so much!

I wonder how many new keyboards someone like that goes through in a month from pounding on it with anger?? image >>

I definately picture veins popping, face red.....something tells me there were alot of weggies in his junior high days......it all comes back in the form of message board rage yrs later.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
  • Options
    Mets
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch out for the Twins! They have a habit of winning a world series when NOBODY ever even considered them to have a chance.
  • Options
    I said to a buddy yesterday that I wouldn't want to play the Twins in the playoffs. They have Santana, a great pen, and are the most fundamentally sound ball club out there. Their defense is off the charts - every night one of there players seems to be making a highlight catch.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus they play in that disgustingly awful ball park. A big plus for them. I still think the Yanks will eat them for breakfeast though image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I forsee a Mets victory in 06.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i> Have you seen Cano play dummy ?

He has 9 errors all year, Lopez has 14...his fielding PCT. is .983 to Lopez' .979....so if he is stone hands than not only is Lopez a worthless hitter compared to him, but a virtual statue at 2nd base.

pointless debate, but one you will obviously engage in...Cano is already one of the elite 2nd basemen in baseball, yet you will argue that the utility infielder you have on the M's is better....once again proves you are a DOPE. >>

Bri,

Axtell has WAY too much time invested in tearing down guys like Cano, Eli Manning, Derek Jeter, etc. His hatred and jealousy of these guys clouds his analysis and he mixes ALOT of HOPING into his remarks. When the inevitable happens, and these guys prove day in and day out how utterly wrong Ax is, he is left swinging his arms wildly.

Stuff like that won't ever happen to most of us bri, becuase we don't put any hatred, bias, etc into how we remark about players from all over the country and all sports. Whether we like them or not, we do give credit where credit is due to everybody and anybody.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    OK, Here's the winner of this yeras world series............... Oakland A's Just to prove you don't have to pay 200+ Million a year to be the best team in baseball.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think anyone wants to face the twins or the phillies right now...both teams are red hot.

Yanks will be lucky to get out of the AL, mets have been on cruise control so long they are going to suffer the same fate as so many of those braves teams - no pressure for so long, then, when the games really matter again, they'll choke. >>

METS!

Matt
  • Options

<< <i>OK, Here's the winner of this yeras world series............... Oakland A's Just to prove you don't have to pay 200+ Million a year to be the best team in baseball. >>

I believe that has been proven over many times. And old arguement that obviously holds no water.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I voted for the Mets. But, I think it would be great to see the Twins win - and if they had Liriano healthy, their chances would be excellent.
  • Options

<< <i>I voted for the Mets. But, I think it would be great to see the Twins win - and if they had Liriano healthy, their chances would be excellent. >>

Liriano or no Liriano, the Yankees will spank the Twinkies like they are their red headed step child.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I voted for the Mets. But, I think it would be great to see the Twins win - and if they had Liriano healthy, their chances would be excellent. >>

Liriano or no Liriano, the Yankees will spank the Twinkies like they are their red headed step child. >>

I don't know about that. Of course, we'll never know now - but in a short series, Santana would in all probability beat the Yanks 2 or 3 times, and Liriano would certainly contribute the other 2 wins. It's all about pitching in the postseason, and I don't have to remind you how tough that Santana/Liriano combo would be. Not to mention, the Twins have a far better bullpen, and their closer is younger and healthier than Rivera currently is.

As it stands, the Yankees stocked up and spent tons of money on everything but pitching. And, that will be their downfall this October.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Liriano or no Liriano, the Yankees will spank the Twinkies like they are their red headed step child. >>

I don't know about that. Of course, we'll never know now - but in a short series, Santana would in all probability beat the Yanks 2 or 3 times, and Liriano would certainly contribute the other 2 wins. It's all about pitching in the postseason, and I don't have to remind you how tough that Santana/Liriano combo would be. Not to mention, the Twins have a far better bullpen, and their closer is younger and healthier than Rivera currently is.

As it stands, the Yankees stocked up and spent tons of money on everything but pitching. And, that will be their downfall this October. >>

The Yankees have historically had Santanas number. He usually doesnt last more than 5 or 6 innings at best before he removes himself from the game against them. The Twins are too young and too inexperienced to hold up against the Yanks.

Of course, anything can happen, but I wouldnt bet the rent money on it.
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>
    As it stands, the Yankees stocked up and spent tons of money on everything but pitching. And, that will be their downfall this October. >>

Sounds like the same exact reasoning you used all last winter and into the regular season as to why the Yankees would finish 3rd behind both Toronto and Boston.

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sounds like the same exact reasoning you used all last winter and into the regular season as to why the Yankees would finish 3rd behind both Toronto and Boston. >>

It is - that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

But seriously, look at the Tigers, Twins, Oakland, and their pitching vs. the Yankees. Unless the Yanks plan on winning a bunch of 10-9 games, you have to be a bit concerned about the weakness of not only the starting pitching, but the bullpen as well.
  • Options
    Well, Twins and Oakland do have better pitching, not a whole lot separate the two...and with Yankees offense, the pendulum has to swing in their favor..

AL Pitching using ERA as the most important stat

RK TEAM G W L ERA Sv CG SHO IP ER R BB SO BAA
    1 Detroit 154 92 62 3.74 45 3 16 1371.0 570 621 465 956 .253
    2 Minnesota 153 90 63 4.02 37 1 6 1357.1 606 654 335 1108 .267
    3 LA Angels 153 82 71 4.06 46 5 10 1370.2 619 699 446 1112 .256
    4 Oakland 153 90 63 4.10 52 5 11 1371.0 624 670 499 946 .269
    5 NY Yankees 153 93 60 4.38 42 5 8 1364.2 664 716 470 968 .260

AL Batting using Runs Scored as the most important stat
    RK TEAM G AB R H 2B 3B HR TB RBI BA OBP SLG OPS
    1 NY Yankees 153 5331 871 1512 308 21 193 2441 845 .284 .363 .458 .821
    2 Chicago Sox 154 5391 831 1515 274 19 225 2502 802 .281 .343 .464 .807
    3 Cleveland 153 5330 813 1499 329 26 185 2435 785 .281 .350 .457 .806
    4 Texas 154 5381 804 1497 344 23 177 2418 768 .278 .340 .449 .789
    5 Boston 154 5370 791 1449 313 14 185 2345 749 .270 .352 .437 .788
    6 Detroit 154 5331 761 1456 281 37 191 2384 726 .273 .326 .447 .773
    7 Minnesota 153 5285 759 1508 264 34 133 2239 714 .285 .346 .424 .770
    8 Toronto 153 5285 753 1503 326 24 187 2438 725 .284 .349 .461 .810
    9 Baltimore 154 5343 736 1480 276 19 155 2259 697 .277 .339 .423 .762
    10 Oakland 153 5186 723 1348 247 19 169 2140 688 .260 .340 .413 .753

Not to say that anything can happen...it surely can. Lets all just hope for a Yankees World Series win! image
  • Options

<< <i>Bri,

I wonder how many new keyboards someone like that goes through in a month from pounding on it with anger?? image >>

You'll notice that the level of angst is directly proportionate to the Yankees level of success.

It's increased markedly in the last week. image

But hey, we know all of those Modesto Hillbillies can't let go of their hate for the New Yorkers. It's the one thing they took with them when they headed west from the hills of Tennessee.

image Jed move away from there!!!image

Ain't that right AxJethro!!!

• Options

<< <i> [It is - that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

>>

have it man .... keep sticking to that story about the 3rd place Yanks image