Home PSA Set Registry Forum

New Additions to Existing Sets

How PSA decides what cards belong to a set is starting to make me really upset. I collect Pirates team sets and submitted to have all of the 1972 World Series cards added to the Pirates team set as they had stats and were very related to the team that year. I was told that only the cards that actually show a pirates player (even if its just someone in the background or a foot) would qualify. So instead of having all of the world series cards in the set there is like 6 of 8. Now in my 61 set someone has added the "Haddix pitches 12 perfect innings" card to the team set. This is getting stupid as that card is part of a subset of greatest events in baseball history and the event did not happen in 1960. The two issues I have are as follows. These are team sets not every card with a Pirates jersey on it sets. Secondly some of these sets have been set for years and now they add a new card. Topps didn't all of the sudden release new "1961" cards on the market. I think that for any set that has been unchanged for 2 years they should let the people with registered sets vote if they want to add a new card to the set.
Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

Comments

• BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    If you want to start a psa 9 1981 Topps Pirates team set, I have about 15 different that you can have for cheap.

Just PM or leave another post

Brian
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I would be interested. Email me jjacobs@redgold.com
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set