Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Ending this TAG. New Revamped TAG Idea Coming Soon.

MEMBERS CLEARED TO TAG & CURRENT ORDER
1) Millertime
2) DocMortar
3) BOOM
4) claychaser
5) asnovell
6) ajia
7) eyoung429
8) Musky1011

COINS

Lincolns
1944-S MS66RD #7939156
1956 PR67RD #60128655
1992 MS66RD #72179150
1997-D MS66RD Lincoln #72938641
2001 MS67RD Lincoln #90038762

Jeffersons
1957 PR67 #21476308
1960 PR66CAM #71393363
1963 PR68CAM #71802179
1964 PR68CAM #71154675

Roosevelts
1955-D MS66 #7768311
1955-S MS65 #21420350
1961 PR67 #21499118
1961 MS66 #73222246
1962 PR66 #21494678
1964 PR68 #7952084
2005-S PR69DCAM #73329566

Washingtons
1956 PR67 #70005803
1958-D MS66 #60140096
1961 PR67 #7953116
1961 PR67 #3466453
1965 SMS MS64 #60100320
2000-S Silver VA PR69DCAM #7970121

Franklins
1955 PR66 #21233036
1962 PR68 #71523479
1962 PR67 #6308076

Kennedys
1966SMS MS67CAM #60032277
1969-S PR68CAM #60022950
1970-S PR68DCAM #2736769
1973-S PR69DCAM #72689291
2005-S PR69DCAM #02933380

SBA
1979-S Type2 PR67DCAM #21166576
1999-P PR69DCAM #60179664

Sacs
2000-P MS67 #73068265
2000-P MS67 #21456208
2000-D MS67 #72371778
2005-S PR69DCAM #73333083

SAEs
1994-P PR65DCAM #60153829

Commemorative
1893 MS64 Columbian 50C #10406447
1991-D MS69 Mount Rushmore 50C #08411915

These will be housed in 2 PCGS Blue Boxes for convience.

Thanks to all that participate.

RULES-This tag will be limited to PCGS coins only.

COINS
1) No date limit. Classic; Post Classic/Pre-Modern; Modern, all are welcome. Value is what matters.

COIN VALUES
2) Values with be based off of an average of varifiable completed auctions (eBay, TT, Heritage, etc.).
If no auctions can be found for a coin, then a reasonable value will be assigned (min. $7), but no more than a percentage of the PCGS value (70%?) This is up for discussion.

COIN TAGS
3) Coins can be replaced a maximum of 2-for-1. In other words, if there is a coin you want, you can take it & replace it with 2 coins that add up to roughly the same value. BE FAIR. Also, since all can see what you took & replace it with, this should be a no brainer.
4) Multiple coins can be taken & replaced with a higher valued coin(s). No limit here.
5) THERE IS A SET ORDER. Once the member with the package is ready to send to the next member, that mamber has the option of asking for the package OR may pass this go 'round. If the member decides to pass, then next member has the option of receiving the package, or may also pass.
In other words, once member #1 is done & ready to ship, member #2 has the option of requesting the package, or passing on it. If he passes, member #3 has the option of requesting or passing and so on down the line until a member requests the package. That member who request the package is then dropped to the bottom of the list & those under him get bumped up.
6) Member has 2 days to respond or the option to recieve the package goes to the next member in line. Sorry to those that might miss a package by not being online on the days you have the option for the package, but we must keep this moving along.
7) Once a member receives the package he/she will post the coins recieved (copy & paste is easy), list the coins taken, then list the coins added INCLUDING PCGS cert # by Sunday night for shipment Monday morning. This gives members the whole weekend to check coins,verify values, etc.
8) It will be the responsibilty of the member with the package to TTT the tag thread when the package is recieved & once coins are replaced.

SHIPMENT
9) Once a request is made by a screened member the package must be recieved by the member within 1 week.
This gives more flexablity to those that send right away, Priority to those that need a few days, & will cost you if you procrastenate.
10) Once shipment is made any INS./Del. Conf./Registered Mail numbers must be posted here. This gives everyone info that the package has been sent & when.

WHO
11) An original group of members will be needed before we start. I am thinking of 5....but this will not (hopefully) be the limit. All will be screened to join. Most (if not all) will already have been pre-screened.
12) As others request to join, those that have not been screened before will be, then if OK'ed will be allowed to request the package.
13) Names of the members OK'ed to receive the package will be posted on 1 of my replies. If someone requests the package, but is not listed, the member with the package should NOT mail it to the person. As new 'taggers' are added (after the original members), their names will be added to the list of members OK'ed to recieve the package.

END of TAG
14) If, after every member of the tag list passes on the package & 2 weeks of TTT the tag thread there is no responce for the package (from new members?), the package will be sent back to me & will mark the end of this tag.

I am continuing to take names of members interested in this tag and do the screening.

Since I have an 1-800 number, I am requesting you PM me your name, HOME/WORK phone number, and address for any member that has not done tags/swaps before.
If you have done tags/swaps I would request who ran the tag, or who your swap partners have been.

Thanks for the time........

Comments

• Options
    I'd be interested. I'll pm all my contact info to you tomorrow.

Millertime
  • Options
    Im in. Boom screened me a while back and I am currently in eyoung's tag right now.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like what I have been looking for. Excellent idea. My comments:

1. Instead of replacing with coins of roughly the same value, it should be clear that the coins are of "at least equal or greater" value. That way ajia, or whoever originates the tag, does not end up short when the box ultimately comes back to him.

2. Lets use a pcgs blue box, and try to fill it and keep it full or nearly full. The slabs will not get scratched up. The box could be a mix of higher value (over $100) and lower value colins, with a few $10 coffins tossed in for "change".

3. I prefer to stick with pcgs graded coins only, unless it's clearly started as a pcgs/ngc tag box.

4. I really like the idea of requesting the box when the list has coins you may be interested in seeing.

5. One week may not be long enough to wait to "send it or end it". But, once you have the box, you should not be allowed to hold it or than 2-3 days when someone is waiting.

6. If the value is high enough, registered mail may be actually cheaper to ship and insure, as the insurance rate is lower for high value shipments.

So, I would like to be in this tag!image

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Great idea's CC.

1) Instead of replacing with coins of roughly the same value, it should be clear that the coins are of "at least equal or greater" value.
    I was actually writing this in the original post, but then thought, "What if someone had a coin or coins that came up a dollar or 2 short, and the next least expensive PCGS coin he had was worth $20?" Can we ammend the rules to say raw coins are allowed to make up any difference in value if under $10?

2) I was thinking about using the PCGS blue box(es) on my way to work this morning. No problem there.

3) Keeping it only PCGS probably works better as we can work 'apples to apples'.

4) Thanks.

5) Does 2 weeks sound better. I don't want to make it too long as the 'holder' has the responsibilty to TTT the thread. We could always play it by ear.
    I LOVE you suggestion on the timeline for sending the package once it is requested by another member.....my oversight on that.

6) I will leave it up to the sender to decide on delivery (no media mail delivery-don't be cheap)........BUT it needs to be insured & it needs to be verifiable.

Please check out the revised rules
  • Options
    Maybe some raw coins for "change" is ok. But, if I really want a coin in the box that is worth $100, I would not have any problem putting in a $109 coin back in. If MY coin was worth over $110, I could take out a $10 slab for the "change". Or, raw coins work too. I guess if we treat the others in the tag the way we want to be treated, and not take out the choice coins and replace them with a bunch of low value junk box stuff, we'll all be ok. I have had good experience with all swaps and tags, the last ones being Doc Morter and eyoung. Both stand-up guys.

Clarify on the postage: The shipment should be PRIORITY or FIRST CLASS only. The "Insurance" can be regular, or if shipped REGISTERED, the rate can be cheaper. You can ship REGISTERED under both "FIRST CLASS" and "PRIORITY" service levels. The only downside to registered is that you have to seal the box with the old fashioned reinforced paper tape.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    My thought on postage is if someone 'forgot' to mail the package & it needed to get there in 1 day to meet to 1 week deadline, they would have to send it with overnight delivery to save face.
    In other words it will cost you to wait.
    I don't think this will be an issue, but our lives are hectic at times, this give everyone a last minute out.
    I like the 1 week MAX to get the package to the next requester.
  • Options
    Good thoughts, Augie.

I think we have a concensus of the concept, and more importantly, we share the same values.

So what coins ya' got if you want to start the tag?image

• Options
    Need some 'players' first.....
    Including me we have 4 confirmed....just waiting for a few more......but will post my list by Wednesday evening.
    To to those just watching, only those that have signed up & been approved will have a chance at what will be listed.

PS- Also, don't expect approval in a matter of hours, it may take a day or two to be approved (maybe longer), so if someone adds something you 'have to have it' to the package but you have not been approved, chances are good someone else that has been approved will 'have to have it' too!
  • Options
    I would like to play.
  • Options
    The Doctor is in the house.
  • Options
    He'll be ok as long as he doesn't "doctor" any of the coins in the tag box!image

• Options
    I would love a new name. Calling yourself doc on this forum is probably not a good idea. I do have a colorful name though.image
  • Options
    Hey Doc.......hope you don't mind me asking , but PM me with your info and/or board member references.

At least it's not DocBrickNMortar.....or DocMortal! imageimage
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    I have the info on everyone listed here. Each and every one, including DocMortar is on the "A" list.

I submit to you all that present market/ recent auctions are really NOT a good idea because, to be quite honest about it, the market is really ...flat right now.

Having auctioned coins thru Heritage at Long Beach in 2004 and realizing STRONG money just 2 yrs ago vs "today", prices are not even close to what they were. It's like Gloom & Doom has taken over.

You know what you paid for a given coin and should have a good working knowledge of all series, really therefore present auction prices are not a good measure IMHO.

With that bein said, I vouch for everyone above and hereby declare my interest toptake part and help in any way possible.

Best to all,

BOOM image
  • Options
    Boom,

True, auctions are only a 'snapshot' of what is currently going on, but since nobody has to do a tag, even if they are on the list, nothing is 'on the line'.
    Each of us will have to decide if the coin wanted is worth a coin that has th same current value but cost you more to originally buy.
    Heck, I could post coins that nobody wants & the tag could die before it gets off the ground. image
    We could say, "Use graysheet bid", but not everyone has a graysheet ( image ).
    There are arguements with any way you set value's, using what people are paying right now seems the most logical to me.

One more day......then this thing gets off the ground.......

• Options
    Coins listed.....first come, first served....
  • Options
    I'd like to take first shot. There's a couple I could really use.

Millertime
  • Options
    Put me down for after Shane, please! PM sent.
  • Options
    Bingo... third. Thanks guys!!!
  • Options
    Boom & 30AnvZ28,

My thught when I wrote, "Once a member receives the package he/she will post the coins recieved (copy & paste is easy), list the coins taken, then list the coins added INCLUDING PCGS cert #. Then the first screened member to ask for the package gets it next!" is that there is a possibilty that the member before you takes the coins you were looking for. Then you'd have a package that you either tag coins out for just because you have it, or not tag any coins but have to spend the money to mail the package out to the next member who wants it.

In keeping it fair to the possibilty that the other members held off because of this I have to ask that you wait until Millertime posts the coins taken & the coins he replaced them with, unless it's OK with the others.

OR, should I ammend this to say 'first come, first served, but you must wait at least 3 tags after you sent the package to request it again'? I would hate for someone, because they don't have the time on the computer to constantly miss a tag.

Another small bump.
  • Options
    I see what you are saying. I personally liked a coin on the list... so I requested it. I feel its going to be a shootout either way...

You "started" the tag last night... 3 of us are in line. (It is amusing we are the same 3 that are ALWAYS online) however... even if we have to wait for Millertime to say... "Im done... who wants it?" What are the chances that someone who only gets on once a day... vs boom and I who are always on... beat us? Slim to none... and then they may never get a shot at it... as they may never be the first to respond. If we start a
    "waiting list" so to speak... then they say... "I want it" and they go 2nd in line, 5th in line... where ever they are... instead of always getting beat out by the "office junkies"
  • Options
    Also... I think the "waiting 3 tags" rule should only apply if there are people requesting it. If I sent the package to say Boom, Boom sends it to Millertime... and now there is a coin I want... and no one is in line... I shouldnt have to wait for a 3rd person to request it to get the coin I want. If there ARE PEOPLE REQUESTING IT then the 3 tag rule should be in effect.

This is meant to be fun for all of us... and fair at the same time... so Im just putting things out there to think about.
  • Options
    And we think alike.....

Here is what I was thinking on the way to work (2 Hr. train rides allows alot of that).
    A list is created.....Millertime first, Boom second, 30AnvZ28 third, etc.
    After Millertime choices, then Boom is asked if he would like the package sent to him, if he does not then 30AnvZ28 is asked....& on down the line.
    Say Boom passes, but 30AnvZ28 says he would like the package sent to him, then he gets dropped to the bottom of the list. 30AnvZ28 may not have to wait until everybody else get the package before he gets another chance at it, but would have to wait until all the others pass on the package.

Sound fair, at least to the point where there is a concensus?

claychaser & DocMortar, who's next in line & who's last (before me)?

I will place my name at the bottom of the list.

PS- Thanks guys for getting this started. image
  • Options
    That sounds good. You reserve your spot... then once the new contents are revealed... you can choose to take your spot, or forfeit to the next in line. That allows you to get in line... but opt out on the chances the coin you want is now gone.
  • Options
    I will be happy to receive the box at any time.

Doc
  • Options
    Go ahead and sent it to DocMorter! He sure sent me some nice stuff.........

And I don't think he is a coin doctor - byt hey doc, can you look at this???????image

• Options
    Package has been sent & Millertime should have it in a few days.

Delivery Conf. #0103 8555 7498 3519 4544
    Registered mail #RB644793781US.

I guess I should also put into the rule the amount of time a member has to post what's in the new package. Since the coins are already known, and the member has time while the package is in transit, I think 2 days should be enough.
    Also listing the info on delivery is not too much to ask.

These will be added to the rules.
  • Options
    To All,

USPS at work!! image

Package has yet to arrive at Millertime.
    Worst thing is that there is no information online about the delivery.
    I have receipts so that parts covered...
    Called ASK-USPS to see if they could help. They also found nothing in their records about this package.
    They gave me the number to the local P.O. that I shipped it from & they are going to see if they can find any info. Person that does this comes in at 10..... 45 minutes from now.
    Will keep all of you posted.

What a way to start..............on the flip side (for me), is that the package is insured for $5000. image
  • Options
    Having the package FULLY insured avoids any nasty issues! Remember girls - fully insure, and keep your paper receipts!

REGISTERED mail is the way to ship in this high of a value. Not only is the insurance CHEAPER, there are no games about it being left in the receiver's mailbox unattended.

• Options
    Everyone can quit panicking now. I have the package in hand and it appears to be in good shape. I'll update this weekend when I make my selection(s).

Millertime
  • Options
    Man..........I was looking forward to a nice fat check!

Thanks for the update Shane.
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Here's the list of what I'm taking then the list of what I'm adding. One comment is that (2) days to review the package is NOT enough. Unless you know every series and the market prices it takes hours to go through a list of coins this size and come up with values. I thought I'd made my choices just seeing the list but that quickly changed when I actually saw the coins.

If you have an issue with what I've added vs what I've taken please let me know. I searched eBay and Teletrade to find average values (I was quite surprised at the prices overall). When I crunch the numbers I ended up adding about $15 more than I took.

I guess it's up to Boom to decide if he wants the package next.

TAKEN:

1942 PR62RD Lincoln
    1991-S PR69DCAM Lincoln
    1943 MS65 Mercury (Rattler)
    1944 MS65 Mercury (Rattler)
    1968-S PR68DCAM Kennedy
    2003-W PR69DCAM SAE

ADDED:

1956 PR66 Washington #90026966
    1969-S PR68CAM Kennedy #60022950
    1976-S Clad PR69DCAM Kennedy #71945808
    2005-S PR69DCAM Kennedy #02933380
    1988-S PR68DCAM Commemorative Dollar (Olympics) #90030538
    2000-P MS67 Sacagawea #73068265
    1881 AU53 Morgan #1616445
    1881-S MS63 Morgan (Green Label) #9864401

Millertime
  • Options
    Thanks Millertime.

I have updated the list of coins available.

I have also updated the 'rules' to allow 1 weekend to do the 'homework'.....if this works out as I hope it will, the package will be shipped out on Monday-next in line receives the package by Friday, and so on.

Boom has passed on the package so it's 30AnvZ28's option.
  • Options
    TTT - waiting for 30anvZ28 to decide.

Millertime
  • Options
    Just waiting for the next recepient.

Millertime
  • Options
    Sorry 30AnvZ28, gotta move along.......DocMortar wants the package! image

30AnvZ28, you will stay 2nd in line after Boom once DocMotar is ready to ship.
  • Options
    Am I after Doc Mortar?

• Options
    The way I set this up is that if a member passes, he stays where he was in line.
    Claychaser it may not work as you would like, but no.....Boom is still first, 30AnvZ28 is second, then you, then me.
    If after DocMortar is done, Boom again passes, 30AnvZ28 passes (or does not reply), then it would be your turn to decide.
  • Options
    OK - it ought to be a pretty good assortment on the next turn!

• Options
    Package shipped 10/5/06 to DocMortar by Registered Mail w/insurance. Registered No.: RB538082250US.

Millertime
  • Options
    Went out of town and wasnt online for a few days. Sorry guys. Did not mean to hold things up.
  • Options
    Actually you helped out with realizing there needs to be a yime limit on replying whether or not the package is wanted.....
    Besides the 2 days waiting (no big deal as it changes nothing) the only 'loser' was you not having the chance to decide.

Doc, please let us know when the package arrives.
  • Options
    Package was received today. Some cool coins in the box. I have already changed my mind several times on what to keep and send. This is fun. Will be ready to ship on Friday.

Contents of the box as received:

COINS
    Lincolns
    1944-S MS66RD #7939156
    1956 PR67RD #60128655

Jeffersons
    1943-D MS65FS #5546141
    1957 PR67 #21476308
    1960 PR66CAM #71393363
    1963 PR68CAM #71802179
    1964 PR68CAM #71154675

Mercurys
    1941-S MS64FSB (Rattler) #9040818
    1942-D MS64FSB #21420092
    1944-S MS65 (Rattler) #9040854
    1945-D MS65FSB #7814547

Roosevelts
    1950-S MS66 #71192929
    1951 PR67 #71811409

Washingtons
    1956 PR67 #70005803
    1956 PR66 #90026966
    1958-D MS66 #60140096
    1961 PR67 #7953116

Franklins
    1955 PR66 #21233036
    1962 PR68 #71523479

Kennedys
    1964 Accented Hair PR66CAM #40006585
    1969-S PR68CAM #60022950
    1970-S PR68DCAM #2736769
    1976-S Clad PR69DCAM #71945808

Morgans
    1881 AU53 #1616445
    1881-S MS63(OGH) #986440

Eisenhowers
    1973-S Clad PR69DCAM #7765567
    1974-S Silver PR68DCAM #60153810

SBA

Sacs
    2000-P MS67 #73068265
    2002-P MS67 #21456208 Coin is a 2000 not a 2002
    2002-D MS67 #72371778 Coin is a 2000 not a 2002

SAEs
    1996 MS68 #60153812

Commemorative
    1988-S PR68DCAM Dollar (Olympics) #90030538

• Options
    My Bad on the Sac's image.....correction made on Page 1.
  • Options
    I have made my choices and I am ready to ship to the next person.

COINS
    Lincolns
    1944-S MS66RD #7939156
    1956 PR67RD #60128655

Jeffersons
    1943-D MS65FS #5546141 (Now residing with DocMortar)
    1957 PR67 #21476308
    1960 PR66CAM #71393363
    1963 PR68CAM #71802179
    1964 PR68CAM #71154675

Mercurys
    1941-S MS64FSB (Rattler) #9040818
    1942-D MS64FSB #21420092
    1944-S MS65 (Rattler) #9040854
    1945-D MS65FSB #7814547

Roosevelts
    1950-S MS66 #71192929
    1951 PR67 #71811409

Washingtons
    1956 PR67 #70005803
    1956 PR66 #90026966
    1958-D MS66 #60140096
    1961 PR67 #7953116

Franklins
    1955 PR66 #21233036
    1962 PR68 #71523479

Kennedys
    1964 Accented Hair PR66CAM #40006585
    1969-S PR68CAM #60022950
    1970-S PR68DCAM #2736769
    1976-S Clad PR69DCAM #71945808

Morgans
    1881 AU53 #1616445 (Now residing with DocMortar)
    1881-S MS63(OGH) #986440 (Now residing with Doc Mortar)

Eisenhowers
    1973-S Clad PR69DCAM #7765567
    1974-S Silver PR68DCAM #60153810

SBA

Sacs
    2000-P MS67 #73068265
    2000-P MS67 #21456208
    2000-D MS67 #72371778

SAEs
    1996 MS68 #60153812

Commemorative
    1988-S PR68DCAM Dollar (Olympics) #90030538

I have added the following coins:

1993-P MS69 Jefferson S$1 #21557826
    1991-D MS69 Mount Rushmore 50C #08411915
    2005-S PR69DCAM 5C Western Waters #73511972
    2005-S PR69DCAM SAC $1 #73333083
    2003-P PR69DCAM 50C First Flight #72125934
  • Options
    Aija, Doc, if it's my option then go ahead and send it.
  • Options
    Package going out to Boom.

I will update contents of package & drop Boom on the list as he is getting the package.

Augie
  • Options
    Package was mailed to Boom at 3:30PM EST. The number is RA357600950US.
  • Options
    Boom,

Did you get the package safe & sound?

Augie